Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bran's Campaign AI

Default Re: Bran's Campaign AI

Just to let you know, I am playing a Prussian campaign with the post from March 14, I'll let you know how it goes.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Post some pics please and some battle reports.

Are you testing the changes you make as well or just changing the tables? So far it seems pretty good, but Britain isn't doing anything. They have the troops loaded up but they are just sitting in port. The Russians, Austrians, and Hungarians are having a nice war with the Ottomans. Hungary has emerged and actually expanded to take the Balkans from the Ottomans. The Ottomans have made it all the way into Poland and Silesia on a few occassions and I fought them there. France is advancing too and I have fought them a few times on my soil and trying to protect Saxony, but Saxony eventually fell. The Spanish have attacked me with a few stacks as well.

Is this mod compatible with AUM and BUM. It would be nice using those extra units, but it seems that battles have crashed in past campaigns so I am just playing with Vanilla units.

If you could get this mod to work with AUM and BUM, that would be great as it would add a ton of units. However, 1 thing about AUM and BUM is that the upkeep for the units is way to low compared to vanilla so it throws the balance off. If you could get this to work with AUM and BUM, all the new units would have to have their unit upkeep adjusted to balance the game. I'll post some pics tonight.

Patrician

I test first. Aum and Bum just add units so it is compatible. will help Brits now new download coming up

Patrician

UPDATE; Better expansion for French and Britain
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:05 PM.

Could you do anything with the upkeep values of AUM and BUM units? Cn you do anything with Denmark? They produce trade ships like crazy and they would have the resources to expand and wage naval war if they ever decided to join the conflict.

Patrician

UPDATE for better minor expansion.Irish see if this help Denmark.Test it I do not have time right now. And you can edit the upkeep for those mods
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:06 PM.

Can you exlain to me how to edit the upkeep values? That would be a big help. Thanks.

Patrician

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Features-added
    Install PFM and set it to use NTW files.
    Start PFM and click file on top of toolbar then the open tab. Browse to where you have the mod folder to open then click on it to open is and find the "db" file tab in the mod and open it and then go find "unit_tables" and open that and find the column the says "upkeep" and change if to what ever you desire. Then click on any part of the table and highlight it blue. Go back and click file on the tool bar and then click "save". Wait till rebuilds the file and you are done.

Patrician

UPDATE; added modified trigger_events tables
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:07 PM.

Patrician

If you want the Danes to do something then you must edit your save game with the esf editor.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 19, 2013 at 01:02 AM.

Patrician

Irish in my Darth Mod settings mod as France the Danes Naval invade.

Quote Originally Posted by irish437 View Post
    Just to let you know, I am playing a Prussian campaign with the post from March 14, I'll let you know how it goes.
    Still playing this campaign. Oldenburg Invaded Hannover after I liberated it and took it over. This prompted Denmark to declare war on Oldenburg. Oldenburg allied with France so that finally brought Denmark to war with France bringing Sweden into the war as well. Denmark and Oldenburg are having quite the war. I had been staying out of it, but now France declared war on me so I'll be dragged into that as well.

Spain Naval invaded Russian held Wallachia vis the black sea. Then they proceeded to take the region to the north as well. France took Greece and the Ottomans have only Istanbul remaining. The Russians are having quite the war over there. France has pushed all the way through hungary and into Romania. I am fighting the French in Southern Poland and accross the Hannover/Saxony(which I control) borders. Russia gave me Courtland to join the war against Spain. So I have 4 regions beyond what I started with...Courtland, Saxony, the region SouthEast of Poland and the Region South of Silesia.

I eliminated the Austrians with the aid of the Russians. Spain had offered me some technology and a trade a agreement and to join the war against the Swiss if I attacked Austria. So I did it because I needed the trade income and the tech. Britain got ticked off, but they haven't done anything the entire campaign. France has a full stack of ships blocking their harbour so I doubt they will factor in at all.

Great Campaign. My only real complaint is Britain asleep at the wheel. The battle AI is good, I like the morale.

Patrician

Irish- install the newest update-it is save compatible and you will have a better time Send a navy to attack French ships in British ports so Britain can Naval invade-use newest up date-they will move out and attack France. Please post some pictures.

I can't afford a navy!!!!! . I was hoping Denmark would bust them loose. I'm bankrupt right now. Going to fight a 2 stack vs. 2 stack Battle tonight against France. Napoleon is the reinforcing general. The generals seem to add quite a big boost to the armies. If I can defeat Napoleon, I will ask France for peace again and a trade agreement so I can can some cash to build a navy.

I noticed that if I have a general and the AI doesn't, they can be toast. I am defending alot more than I am attacking because I am just trying to hold my ground but when I am the attacker, I move my troops forward. I seem to be winning most of my battles, but this one is dead even with 4,000 men and similar artillery on each side.

Patrician

UPDATE; Better naval recruitment for minor nations
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:08 PM.

Patrician

Irish install newest update and Denmark will naval invade France

Patrician

UPDATE: BAI tweaks-better line cohesion and better fire fights
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:08 PM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

A suggestion to help other AI modders: maybe you can explain a little when you make an adjustement what parameters you modify, and what are their actual effects in game?
    This way we could better understand how you improve the AI, make suggestion and experiment.

Patrician

Well if you look at the files you can see what is changed. And IF you TEST IT you will see what it does.