Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran's Campaign AI

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran's Campaign AI

NEWIPLOMACY UPDATE-lessen faction gang ups.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:00 PM.

Going to test this tonight. How are the British behaving?

Patrician

NEW UPDATE: Better economic development and better expansion for Britain.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:00 PM.

Patrician

Here is a screenshot of Britain after it naval invaded Hannover with Wellington in my Prussian campaign. I have never seen the AI naval invade other Ai regions only player held regions. Most of modded something correctly I am at War with France Russwia Sweden and Austria and have a trade treaty with England.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails England holds Hannover.jpg  

So I started up a vanilla Vanilla VH/VH campaign with AUM & BUM unit mods just to see if everything was in order with those mods. I am Russia. Britain took Hannover. They lost Gibralter, Invaded by sea and took it back again and then lost it again. They invaded Brittany and now have Brittany and Normandy. Meanwhile I have been slugging it out with the Ottomans. The Austrians took the Balkans from the Ottomans and then the Balkans rebelled. I took Wallachia from the Ottomans and the Prussians asked for Military access and marched 2 stacks into Istanbul but were repulsed. Now in the Blakans Napoleon shows up in concert with his ALlies the Ottomans and now I am about to fight a combined French and Ottoman force of 1 stack each against my lone stack.

France has pushed Austria all the way back to the 2 regions west of Russia and South of Poland. I just had a combined force of Russians and Austrians barely hold the field against a force of veteran French. Prussia has made peace with France and doesn't seem to want to go after them again so its Britain/Russia/Austria vs. France/Spain/Ottomans/Batvia Republic.

I have never seen a campaign like this from Vanilla. Its almost random if the AI wants to be active or not.

Patrician

Sounds Epic. Post a picture of the map.

how do you take screenshots and post them?

Patrician

Irish- hit the F12 key during the game and the screen shot will go to a folder called screenshots inside of your STEAM folder. go here
    Drive C:/program files(x86)/steam/userdata/47434342/760/remote/34030/screenshots
    find the screenshot you made and rename it. How to upload screenshot.Double click the Reply to Thread tab and then double click on the attachment paperclip icon on the top panal then a box will come up to add file then go to the screenshot folder and open the screenshot you wahant. It is uploaded to your thread post. Hit done. Hit post reply.

Got it, Ill Post Tonight. Thanks.

Here they are 3 screenshots from my Vanilla VH/VH campaign. Britain Naval invaded Hannover and Brittany. Then took Nornmandy, the Spanish then took Brittany from them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-03-07_00001.jpg   2013-03-07_00002.jpg   2013-03-07_00003.jpg  

Patrician

UPDATE: Added Campaign Variable Table modified for minor factions. Should help minor's develop better.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:02 PM.

Patrician

NEW UPDATE; Made more minor factions expandable for more exciting game.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:03 PM.

Have you made sure they also protect their main land too. I am all for minors expanding, but one problem I could potentially see is that they send an army out and seige another city leaving their homeland unprotected and then make them easily destroyed.

I'll test this after my current campaign is over. Have you been testing these changes out?

Patrician

UPDATE: Better defense for Minor faction and toned down expansion some for them.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:03 PM.

Patrician

NEW UPDATE: CAI- less money,more ambushes and naval invasions added more minor nation action = other tweaks Try it and leave a report so as to make more improvements.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:04 PM.

What do you mean by less money?

Patrician

The Ai was spamming money for the player-too much -needs to be balanced. What I see too from this is the French do not steam roll the entire map as before by 1807-gives the other factions a change to expand. Will have to test more though for balance-do not want to nerf the French.

Not sure I see what you mean by AI spaaming money too much for player? You mean AI was getting too much money or human was getting too much money? I don't think you want to limit France. In fact keep them like they were, you just want to boos up the other AI countries. Leave human economics about where they were at.

For example, If I am playing as Russia on Very hard, I want the AI to get to and capture Moscow 50% or more of the time. It should be really difficult foe the other nations to stop France.

Any way you could get Denmark and Sweden more aggressive and maybe have Portugal fight with Spain on occassion?

Patrician

UPDATE: Tweaked Ai money, added campaign difficulty, more aggressive minor nations, tweaked regional defense and coastal defense.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:04 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE; added technology effects junction table with a lot of added goodness-better naval invasions, stealth armies, stealth effects on the battlefield! tweaked money and regional defense.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 07:05 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast