Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran's Campaign AI

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Bran's Campaign AI

OVERHAUL OF THE CAMPAIGN AI SETTINGS:Balanced Regional Development And Recruitment and Good Naval Invasions, Bran BAI settings for better line cohesion and fire fights, new morale, fatigue and all sorts of goodies. Based on ideas from Bran DMN edits . Just unpack it into your Napoleon Total War folder . A whole lot of action inside of this. Will make your campaign explode with WAR! Play on Hard Campaign /Normal Battles. Or very Hard Battles if you dare

Installation: USE ONE OR THE OTHER OF THE FILES NOT BOTH FILES-JUST ONE-CHOOSE EITHER: THE MOD FORMAT FILE THAT USES A SCRIPT OR THE MOVIE FORMAT THAT DOES NOT NEED A SCRIPT.

TWO VERSIONS. FILE ONE is MOD format that uses a script. FILE TWO is in MOVIE format[/I] that does not need a script.
    Use what ever one best works for you THIS IS FOR THE VANILLA GAME- do not use with any mods that use these files. Visual and sound mods and unit add on's are compatible,

FILE ONE Install: Drive C/ Program Files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/napoleon total war/data.
    Put this at the top of your user script: mod Bran_Campaign_AI_Mod.pack;
    Drive C/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/scripts/user.scripts
    Save. That is it.

FILE TWO Install: Drive C/ Program Files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/napoleon total war/data. THAT IS ALL.
    Latest build: 06/07/16

NEW: Battleterrian mod by Sirlion and Maximum Battlefields by Live2sculpt combined. Battleterrian mod changes the terrian and deployment zones on the battlefield maps and Maximum Battlefields enlarges the battle maps to 4x4 size for huge battlefields. There is now 30 different battlefields that the game engine can choose from-so no more of the same thing everytime. This mod is in movie format so just unpack it into your Napoleon Total War data folder.

WARS OF THE GODS-ANCIENT WARS https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...54&searchtext=

FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE:
    Go into your Napoleon Preferences script file located in Drive C;Users/user name/AppData/Roaming/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/scripts/preferences.script.
    scroll down to the bottom of the script and find these two lines:
    multithreaded_model_enabled false; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 0; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    Change it to read this:
    multithreaded_model_enabled true; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 2; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    (If you use a quad core processor the number of thread should put is 4. Click save.)
    Go back to the preferences file and right click on it and go to properties and click 'read only' and then apply then ok.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; August 03, 2020 at 04:03 PM.

Default Re: Bran's Campaign AI

Does this use vanilla battle AI or your battle AI? How active are Britain and the Minor nations in this?

Patrician

New TOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER VERSION
    HUGE Armies and Everything on an Epic scale! Massive Invasions. Better economy from sea trade so protect your sea lanes.
    First file is in mod format.
    Second file is in movie format.
    Are you ready for the END OF DAYS
    12/15/15
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; December 17, 2015 at 07:11 PM.

Patrician

CAMPAIGN AI ONLY NO BATTLE AI

MOVIE FORMAT. BY REQUEST
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; September 08, 2017 at 05:23 PM.

Is the AI in the Naval Supremacy thread for me strictly vanilla or are there some changes in there? Its been pretty good. Thanks.

Patrician

NEW: HARD ECONOMY VERSION by request. Things are more expensive and less income comes in = less ai spam. Must start new campaign.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; April 29, 2018 at 04:18 PM.

What type of AI Battle behavior has been changed?

Patrician

Better Cav flanking. Way better line cohesion and fire fights. Army flanking. CAI more naval invasions.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; May 20, 2014 at 07:04 PM.

Patrician

I did not change anything in Hedge's AI for you so it is vanilla Hedge.

Patrician

If anyone has used this with the Vanilla game I would like some feedback please.

Patrician

NEW UPDATE: Tweaked Naval Distribution for better naval invasions.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 06:58 PM.

Patrician

NEW UPDATE: Tweaked navy priorities for better naval invasions.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 06:58 PM.

Going to try this after my current campaign. Is Britain pretty active? Have you figured out a way to keep Nelson guarding the channel? Britain would invade alot more if the channel was clear.

Patrician

Active yes.Britain does invade more they had two invasions one in late June 1805 -Hannover and one in early July 1805- Brussels. There is a lot of ship activity -a russian ship parked outside of Plymouth and guarded it. Nelson stayed in the channel for 4 turns then took off to America. But there are other fleets too. Are you playing LME 4 mod? My Darth Mod settings kick ass. I don't know what this AI mod will do with vanilla as I never play any vanilla TW games as they suck. Except the original MTW that was a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Active yes.Britain does invade more they had two invasions one in late June 1805 -Hannover and one in early July 1805- Brussels. There is a lot of ship activity -a russian ship parked outside of Plymouth and guarded it. Nelson stayed in the channel for 4 turns then took off to America. But there are other fleets too. Are you playing LME 4 mod? My Darth Mod settings kick ass. I don't know what this AI mod will do with vanilla as I never play any vanilla TW games as they suck. Except the original MTW that was a great game.
    For some reason my campaign with HKs stopped working, it crashed every time I tried to attack East Prussia. So I started a campaign with this mod last night. I was Russia. For the most part I concentrated on Infastructure and building my economy so I was able to get through quite a few turns. France rolled over everybody. Austria has been eliminated. Prussia has 1 region left and Britain isn't doing anything. France has had them blockaded the entire game.

I play on vanilla with just the AUM and BUM mods. I haven't tried Darth mod because his version of Darth Empire is pretty much a mess in my opinion.

Your battle AI is very good. Fought a nice battle with SPain and they were using their light infantry very well.

I almost think the campaign AI is random. It really all depends if Nelson disappears or not to if Britain is active. If their port gets blocked and Nelson disappears, the British won't do anything.

Have you noticed that the cavalry just stops charging and stands there sometimes? I clicked on my cavalry and then clicked on the enemy(it made the acknowledgement sound) and then hit the charge button. They stopped a couple feet short of the enemy and prceeded to get tore up by musket fire.....This happened on a couple of occassions.

Patrician

Always double click on the enemy unit. Double click.

Quote Originally Posted by irish437 View Post
    Have you noticed that the cavalry just stops charging and stands there sometimes? I clicked on my cavalry and then clicked on the enemy(it made the acknowledgement sound) and then hit the charge button. They stopped a couple feet short of the enemy and prceeded to get tore up by musket fire.....This happened on a couple of occassions.
    This is Darth's known bug. I do not know if he is fixed this in his 2.6+++ beta 3 patch

Patrician

UPDATE; Cavalry Charges more powerful. Fix cav stop.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 06:59 PM.

Patrician

NEW UPDATE; MAJOR CAMPAIGN TWEAKS FOR WAY MORE EXCITING EXPERIENCE!
    Yes I would like some feedback Thanks
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 20, 2014 at 06:59 PM.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast