Thread: Installing mod on copied ETW

Default Installing mod on copied ETW

ok, I want to preserve my orginal copy of ETW and install mods on a copy of ETW in another directory, is there any tutorial for copying ETW elsewhere ? I tried a basic copy, it doesn't work.

Any help appreciated.

Ta.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Default Re: Installing mod on copied ETW

no help?

I realise coping installs isn't totally legal but how else to you mod ? not with the original install surely?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

double post.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

of course you can make a back-up but to run ETW Steam is searching for the copy in the original Directory so as far as I know your idea will not work.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    no help?

I realise coping installs isn't totally legal but how else to you mod ? not with the original install surely?

R
    Rorarii, I've been using mods in my ETW original directory since I discovered TWC. Honestly, the fear of mods ruining your game is totally irracional. Mods DO NOT damage your vanilla game files, since they are separate pack files. This means that if you get a CTD after you install a mod, the solution is quite simple: Delete the mod! And the good thing is here in this forum you have a truckload of tutorials that can guide you through mod installing.

You won't be able to run your ETW copy because Steam will always try to run the game through the original directory, not the copied one. One thing you can do is make a backup of all your data folder files and install the mods in your original directory. If you fear something might go wrong, you always have your backup files to cover your rear. That's the beauty of it. I started modding about a year ago and I always, ALWAYS mod in my original directory. From that point on, modding only brought me good experiences and I never had to reinstall ETW because of them. I suggest you start doing the same.