Thread: Help with launch

Ikko-Ikki
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Icon5 Help with launch

Hello,

I have a version of the game which is not a Steam version. It is a ~22 GB version which includes Shogun 2, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai, all three, under the name "Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai".

I put the mod "*.pack" files to the "X:\Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai\data" folder and I added the game to Steam library by choosing "Add non-Steam game to library" BUT when the launcher starts it displays the splash screen/logo screen for a long time and then it says the "Program does not respond" or crashes to desktop. Why is this happening and how can I play the game?

My game is fully updated. I have the following files in my data directory:

encyclopedia -folder
    text -folder
    UI -folder
    boot.pack
    data.pack
    language.txt
    local_en.pack
    local_en_patch.pack
    manifest.txt
    models.pack
    models2.pack
    movies.pack
    movies2.pack
    patch.pack
    patch_bp.pack
    patch_fots.pack
    patch_fots2.pack
    patch_movies.pack
    patch_movies_fots.pack
    patch_movies_fots2.pack
    patch_movies2.pack
    patch_movies3.pack
    patch_movies4.pack
    patch_movies4.pack
    patch2.pack
    patch3.pack
    patch4.pack
    patch5.pack
    patch6.pack
    patch7.pack
    patch8.pack
    patch9.pack
    patch10.pack
    patch11.pack
    patch12.pack
    patch13.pack
    patch14.pack
    patch15.pack
    patch16.pack
    shaders_patch.pack
    shaders_patch2.pack
    shaders_patch3.pack
    shaders_patch4.pack
    shaders_patch5.pack
    shaders_patch6.pack
    shaders_patch7.pack
    shaders_patch8.pack
    shaders_patch9.pack
    sound.pack
    terrain.pack

Ikko-Ikki
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Help with launch

By the way, my game runs perfectly when I delete the Radious mod .packs from the data folder and run the vanilla game.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Mods are made for latest patch and dlcs. Since you do not own legit copy of the game which is not updated + i guess you dont own dlcs aswell my mods cant work properly. I suggest buy original game, patch it, get dlcs and then my mods will work without issues. Game is cheap, in few days is here Gold Edition of the game, contains all dlcs and expansion - all in one for very decent price.

Winner of the 2011 award: [Shogun 2] Favourite Unit Pack - Radious Unit Pack 1
    Winner of the 2012 mod awards: [Shogun 2] Favourite Overhaul, Unit Pack, Campaign AI and Submod
    Winner of the 2012 modder awards: [Shogun 2] Favourite Modder and DB Editor

Ikko-Ikki
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I have almost all dlcs, ikko ikki, hattoro, obama etc unit and clans. The game is updated, I can have 40 vs 40 army battles and turn times are like "instant". I added it to steam. Why doesn't it still work? Which made you think it is unoriginal btw -I am not saying it is not*

Ikko-Ikki
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

http://www.amazon.com/Total-War-Shog.../dp/B006WD9H9Y

this is the version I have. 21.3 GB, installed = 28 GB. It has FotS+RotS+Shogun 2

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Lolcat View Post
    I have almost all dlcs, ikko ikki, hattoro, obama etc unit and clans. The game is updated, I can have 40 vs 40 army battles and turn times are like "instant". I added it to steam. Why doesn't it still work? Which made you think it is unoriginal btw -I am not saying it is not*
    Every original copy of the game MUST have steam, there is no way to have original copy without steam. Since you said you have version without steam = it must be illegal. + your game is not updated if you still have patch.packs files inside your folder.

Winner of the 2011 award: [Shogun 2] Favourite Unit Pack - Radious Unit Pack 1
    Winner of the 2012 mod awards: [Shogun 2] Favourite Overhaul, Unit Pack, Campaign AI and Submod
    Winner of the 2012 modder awards: [Shogun 2] Favourite Modder and DB Editor

Ikko-Ikki
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thanks for your answer. I hope steam does a %75 sale once more so I get it cheap.

Ikko-Ikki
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Your missing several patches. In my folder packs go up #22 for the standard patch22.pack, with the patch_fots5.pack being the latest fots patch, along with various shader, sound, and movie patches. They are out there for the not so legal copies, but I wont supply you with links. However, many mods will not work with cracked versions, even fully updated ones.

There is a gold version of Shogun 2 that includes Shogun 2, Rise, Fall, and all DLC coming out on the 5th of march. I would strongly encourage you to buy it when it comes out. I understand that money can be tight and the try before you buy mentality, but this is a game series definitely worth purchasing to support the company. Plus the game gets 10x better when you can use all the mods on a legit copy. I'll be getting the Gold bundle myself when it comes out.

I wouldn't hold by breath for a Steam sale anytime soon though. They will release the Gold version early March and it wont be dropped in price for a few months after that most likely.

irishron's Avatar Moderator
    Artifex Moderation Mentor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Until then, closed

Thread Information