Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About NTW2 & News Updates - British Pack released!

Default About NTW2 & News Updates - British Pack released!

NEWS - 7 Oct 2006

Updated estimated release dates:
    -Borodino pack: released
    -British pack: released

-Waterloo 1815 Scenario MP package : end October
    -Waterloo 1815 Scenario SP package (complete): end November.

About NTW 2

Napoleonic Total War II is being developed by The Lordz Modding Collective, the same team that made the Napoleonic TW mod for MedievalTW.

This mod focuses on the era of the Napoleonic Wars. This mod will focus on battles only and will feature no campaignmap. The reason is that the RTW AI can not cope with Napoleonic style warfare, making work on a SP campaign pointless. Instead, we focus on heavily scripted Historical Battles.

The mod is made for RTW 1.5, but will also run on BI 1.6. It uses the mod switch so it will not affect your original RTW files.

Both the full Borodino pack (featuring French & Russian faction + 1 historical battle) and the British Pack (part I of the Waterloo pack, featuring British faction) have been released. Go to our website for download links and information.

Once MTW2 is released the work on NTW2 will probably stop, as we will move on the MTW2 engine or another game engine in case CA disappoints.

We have released a number of previews & trailers which you can find here:
    Infantry Preview
    Cavalry Preview
    Artillery & Command

Lordz Official Website:
    http://www.thelordz.co.uk
    Last edited by Lord Zimoa; October 22, 2006 at 05:37 AM.

Default Re: About NTW2

My thoughts, If you find an engine that is adaquet, why trash your work by moving on to a new engine as soon as one is available unless the graphic options are just too tempting. I still play MTW and am not that concerned about the graphics. I would hate to not see you do Waterloo justice just because of MTW2. Sure I will play that but that dosen't mean I wouldn't play this mod first if they came out at the same time. At some point I prefer drawn graphics to real life photo graphics. I guess the end game is 3d high def movie actors as units in a computer game, super imposing filmed explosions and filmed 3d objects. I prefer the hand drawn graphics much better. To me there is a point where the more real the graphics it deters from the game instead of adding to the game. I'm sure there is the whole flip side to the conversation as well. People will like it both ways, and I am easier to please. Your graphic shots look great, unless the engine offers more tactics or something along those lines I'm not sure switching engines for graphics would be worth it. Great work please do Waterloo.

the reason is that MTW2 will *hopefully* provide a better platform: it has actual rank fire, routing units might not die instantly like in RTW and perhaps even the AI is good enough for a full SP campaign. Also, considering it's based on the RTW engine, we hope to be able to port almost everything from NTW2 to the new engine with a minimal amount of work. So we're not throwing away any work, we're just moving it to a better engine.

Of course, all depends on MTW2 and the modding support CA gives.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

one question.... i forgot if this happens but does the AI keep the skirmish mode on even after they run out of ammo?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Lord Zimoa's Avatar Slitherine Games
    Citizen

Great work please do Waterloo.
    I think in the months we have left we can at least add the British, Brunswick and Dutch-Belgians as they are fairly well progressed right now. If the Prussians get done on time is guessing right now, as work has just started on them. We will do our best to give to you as much as we can as fast as we can.

LZoF

i forgot if this happens but does the AI keep the skirmish mode on even after they run out of ammo?
    not sure, but each unit has 60 shots so that'd take a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Adherbal
    This mod will focus on battles only and will feature no campaignmap. The reason is that the RTW AI can not cope with Napoleonic style warfare, making work on a SP campaign pointless. Instead, we focus on heavily scripted Historical Battles.
    This is some of the best news I've had in a long time! As I am someone who only plays historical and custom battles this sounds absolutely perfect for me. Please do the Waterloo campaign though....

Quote Originally Posted by Adherbal
    Also, considering it's based on the RTW engine, we hope to be able to port almost everything from NTW2 to the new engine with a minimal amount of work.
    Here's hoping! That's what I like about you NTW boys - your eternal optimism!

Is there some way you can remove the skirmish mode?

Citizen

It can only be disabled by the player in battle, no way to disable it for the RTW AI in campaign or custom battles, sadly...

LZoF

hmm what happens when you change their class from missle to light or heavy??? do they even worry about shooting??

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Citizen

Yes sadly, they will start to charge at everything with the bayonet, and hardly fire a shot. Believe us, we looked at every possible solution.

LZoF

i guess your right... hmm to bad.. at least i hope theres no skirmish mode in M2TW.... well i will still play this mod but get my butt kicked in MP!!

please do waterloo, in MTWII or RTW. I hope MTWII allows more than 20 units because I doubt 20 units would make up 3 corps .. and how many French corps were there AT Waterloo? D'Erlon, Reille, Lobau, Kellerman, Milhaurd and Drouot, totalling around 28-30 divisions. If restricted to 20 then we could probably merge Kellerman and Milhaud then that would leave on average 4 units per corp ... hmmm not enough.

You seem to be very familar with WTMII engine, I hope they've fixed most of the hardcoding problems?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

hey you should put a Multiplayer sub forum in this forum so ppl can set up games on TWC

Citizen

For MP games gathering please visit The Lordz Forum, we have a special room for all MP related gameplay:

The Council of War at The Lordz Forum

LZoF

Take a look at the trailer MTW2 will be exactly like RTW with a few extra features and a reskin. Therefore 20 units max unfortunately.

Civitate

I would like to confirm that NTW2 works when alexander is installed.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Citizen

Noted and thank you for confirming.

LZoF

Default Re: About NTW2 & News Updates

updated - info about upcoming pack added

Default Re: About NTW2 & News Updates

There will be Italian or Spanish or Austrians factions? the Ottomans re-enter in the napoleoniche wars? in truth I do not know very this historical period...

hello

Last edited by DVX; September 09, 2006 at 02:05 PM.
    Neque imbellem feroces progenerant aquilae columbam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast