Quote Originally Posted by wrcromartie View Post
1st quote - accurate & I hope for one that they DO implement something like this. 2nd part - THZ is an infamous troll. He's usually pretty funny though.
It is accurate. But not in this situation. Not in the way they will make it. Multiplayer will become a wonderful game of "Who can camp better" and singleplayer will be fun with it's AI that will not be able to handle protecting it's camp.

Capturing the enemy camp would not make them lose the battle. At most, it would cause a moral hit. Now, if the battle lasted for days, sure, this would make a difference. But in a TW battle, absolutely nothing should happen. "Oh, they got out camp? That's ok, we still outnumber them 2-1. Oh, what's that? We lose? Oh..."

It's like the ending of ****ing Star Wars. Just because you blow up the Death Star does not mean you automatically win.

For another thing, why, when anyone disagrees with your viewpoint, do you automatically assume they are trolling? Are you really so arrogant and immature as to believe that the only way someone could disagree with you is if they were joking?

I do not care about units having the wrong boots, or hair cut. I don't really care if they are slightly more muscular than in reality. I don't care if their names are in English. But I do care when they try to drastically change the way TW battles have been played forever. This will take all of the freeform gameplay out. You will simply headshot the enemy armies every single time by taking their camp, because the AI will not be able to handle this. It can only just handle regular field battles, where it's only goal is to make us lose, and now we're going to try and make it scout and protect a base camp, as well as attacking us? Yeah, right.

For another thing, again, this is not realistic. What if you are next to one of your cities, deep in your territory, and an invading army attacks you? Will you have a baggage train? Will you have a base camp? Because that would make no sense.

TW battles are relatively tiny, even with the improvements on size that Rome 2 will bring. They take place over a short period of time. They take place in quarters so confined that it wouldn't matter if a base camp was overrun. It's not like there's any chance that either army will actually go back anyway. For that matter, who brings a baggage train so close to the engagement? It would be off-map. This is something that agents should handle, not battles.

How will this work on the maps? Will they no longer have maps generated from the Strategic Map terrain? Will all battle maps be like the sieges in Shogun 2?

This makes battles no longer about defeating the enemy through tactics and skill, but by seeing who can capture the flag faster.