Thread: Editing Unit Animations (Aiming of Firearms)

Default Editing Unit Animations (Aiming of Firearms)

Hello,

One would like to know weather it possible to edit the animations relating to units firing. Specifically, I would wish units to pause for a moment, with their Rifle/Musket levelled, to achieve an affect of the unit was taking a moment, to either wait for the command to fire, or to aim.

The reason I ask this is that there was a mod for Napoleon: Total War, which did a similar thing. So I wondered if it was possible to do the same thing in Shogun 2, specifically in the Fall of the Samurai expansion. If it is possible, would one please provide an inclination how to do so.

Thanks in Advance
    xoGIORGIOox

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Editing Unit Animations (Aiming of Firearms)

In Kv_rules, there is a table that says: fire_volley_max_aim_delay or something like it for both samurai and ashigaru units. This controls the max time they take before they fire. Sadly though, this is not applied while the unit is aiming (good job CA), but instead right after the unit is done reloading, in the combat ready stance. So, Technically speaking, there is a aim delay, it just doesn't show it very well.