Thread: S2TW Animations

Default S2TW Animations

Can Napoleon animations be replaced with Shogun ones (i.e. wounded troops death sequences)? I would have a crack at replacing them myself but I'm clueless when it comes to the format of anims and what to copy over etc. Any help would be awesomely appreciated
    Check out my brand new British and Prussian units and much much more in Marshall Beale's new masterpiece!

Default Re: S2TW Animations

finally I was wondering when someone would make this thread and it is probably doable

it better be!!! XD
    Check out my brand new British and Prussian units and much much more in Marshall Beale's new masterpiece!

Won't different bone count be a problem?

dont knoww.....will it?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

If the Bones of the models don't match with the Animation you will get some ugly distorsions, maybe even a crash.
    So when the Models of Shogun have more bones then the ones in Napoleon (didn't follow the development so close, so i don't now) the Animations aren't compatible.

Btw. There are already wounded animations in Empire, they simply don't show up (maybe because of a broken code) and are a bit short.

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

It wont work. Shogun 2 animations have a lot more polygons than Napoleon.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Quote Originally Posted by Birk View Post
    It wont work. Shogun 2 animations have a lot more polygons than Napoleon.
    The polygons aren't the problems, the number of bones.

The engine in shogun 2 works with more bones. So you have to re animate the animations.

As said, the skeletons have more bones. The very same animations are in the NTW/ETW files, it would be reasonably simple (but incredibly slow work) to get them working in those games.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Yep bones

damn and blast! well thank you all so much for your answers. it was worth a shot

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Just also replying as a ref for future modders, Nappy and Empire already have wounded animations, they are just in the mountains of unused content.