Thread: How can I change the names of settlements

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How can I change the names of settlements

Im looking to change the names of a few settlements for my personal satisfaction. Im not looking to change anything else but the names. Thank you in advance to anyone who can explain how.

Default Re: How can I change the names of settlements

I will look into it. Expect an answer within a few hours. Do you use the Assembly kit or PFM?

I have some experience with the Assembly Kit but no experience with PMF. Thank you for the reply

Good, then I will just give you the table you need to edit. "campaign_map_settlements". Edit "default_onscreen_name".

Ok. By experience I should have said that I have installed the assembly kit, looked around and said wtf is this. Then I ran back to Skyrim's creation kit to wallow in self pity. Could you explain where this table is like I am two?

Launch TWeak. Go for DAve, Table launcher. Look up the "campaign_map_settlements", edit "default_onscreen_name" for the settlement. Press "Apply". Close TWeak and launch BOB. Look up "campaign_map_settlements" under "Raw data/database" and press the box. Press the "campaign/process regions map(sho_japan)" under consumer actions. Go to "Working data/db" and look for the table(shall be blue) and press "Pack/create pack file(mod.pack)". Then "start". After BOB is done, close it and leave the binary folder. Go to retail/data and copy the mod.pack there and paste it to your Shogun 2/data folder. Enjoy.

Thank you very much. This really helped a lot