Thread: Kypchaks are screwed!

Default Kypchaks are screwed!

I tried both strategies expanding east or west , i got trade agrements with nearly everyone still economy is bad , upkeep is too high , cities pay 2 little and georgians have much better armies , their tadzreuli swordsman and monaspa archers , destroy my axemen and slavic swordsmen . A nation whose strenght lies in cavalry yet , i cannot afford cavalry and i dont have any elite cavalry only HA and those archers wont do much to heavily armored georgians. Does anyone know how to win this campaign i am running out of ideas.

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Kypchaks are screwed!

i played only one time with kypchaks and it was a little boring as you use the same strategy always. recruit only horse and generally cavalry and forget about infantry, use them only for garrison. that way you will take control of the steppe realy fast, sack the settlements (you don't care about alliances) unite the hordes and then cross caucasus and destroy the georgian settlements with the same tactic or surprise the byzantines. some guys maybe will say that the mongol style armies are perfect for open battles, but when you can't recruit elite units it's better to concentrate on takin settlements rather than fighting insipid battles.

I thought the Kyphacks were rather easy to play as but as the above poster said ....it's all about Horse Archers, just make masses of cheap full stack HA armies and control them well and they will hammer opposing armies to ribbons with their arrows, then when they've been filtered down to next to nothing and you run out of arrows use all your untouched horse men to run them down.

Demoralised and thinned out in ranks they'll break easily.

What good is the missile that does 5 damage to a person who has 26 armor.

P.S Some have more.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

@shogun007, you clearly don't know how to utilise a roster based on archers and horse archers. Listen what people here are telling you and change your tactics.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Some units have that much defense and more.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    @shogun007, you clearly don't know how to utilise a roster based on archers and horse archers. Listen what people here are telling you and change your tactics.
    Yes i am infantry fan . The only time i like to use cavalry is when i charge downhill with cataphracts =)

Defense does not stop arrows, only armor and shield stops arrows and shield is only full value on very narrow range in front and half value on sides.

Aye i shoot them in the back but they turn and fight in shade=)

You have to surround units with decent armor or get them to chase 1 HA while 2nd HA follows shooting the chasing unit in the back. It takes some micro but is not that difficult unless half or more of enemy army is heavy armored cavalry which hardly ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun007 View Post
    What good is the missile that does 5 damage to a person who has 26 armor.

P.S Some have more.
    The fact that your hitting them with hundred's of arrows repeatedly for starters, what I like to do is select my entire HA army and take off fire at will mode and have them concentrate fire on a particular unit to thin them down.

Also another tip especially if they have cavalry and Heavy Knights is to take your whole army and lead them away from the main infantry so it isolates pursuing cavalry and gives you space to skirmish and concentrate on killing them, once their done it's pretty much child's play to get within range of their infantry and hose them down till your out of arrows then charge the thinned out ranks.

Order of attack -

1) Cavalry - lead them away

2) Archers - Thin them down

3) Infantry - They can't hit you from distance so leave them till last, also all the chasing around after you will leave them demoralised and tired making them easy to break when you run out of arrows and do a mass charge.

If you like playing with Infantry then you picked the wrong faction.