Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Arc 5 (Great Sea) -- Undergoing Setup

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Arc 4 (East): The Savage Upheaval

Nerise

The girl jumped when Anton shot up and nearly attacked her. But, as she had spent time exiled in the wilderness herself, she actually understood the reaction. It was her own fault for waking him so suddenly. She should've expected a hostile response; it was instinctual. Recovering from the sudden shock, Nerise nodded to Anton and headed for the door.

"Indeed we shall. We'll stop at the inn to get the knights, then head for the village center where some friends of mine are organizing the defense. Let us be off."

With that, she exited her house and started for the inn. If she was lucky, the knights would already be prepared for battle.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Morgan and Gwyn

As the light shone into the room from the window, the pair groggilly woke up, and after disentangling themselves from each other crawled out of bed. After sleepily getting dressed, and armored up, they first went outside to check that nobody decided to try and make off with their horses in the middle of the night. Seeing that all was well, they went over to a nearby well, which was obviously outside, which is where all wells should be, and not say, in the basement of an inn somehwere.

That would be silly.

But anyway the pair pulled up a bucket and cleaned off their faces as best they could, before heading back inside and getting some breakfast. Today would most likely be a long day, talking to the locals, and gathering what information they could. Hopfully somebody would have a map of the area they would be willing to sell for a reasonable price.

But first things first, food.
    Last edited by Mjolnr839; March 02, 2013 at 12:25 PM.

Valan Danar

It took him sometime before he reached what he now gathered to be the camp. Without the trees he probably would have had to crawl here, or at least have taken even more time just by walking, but he wasn't about to consider those things now that he was at the camps perimeter. Just a bit further, hold on just a moment longer, he repeated over and over in his head as a mantra to keep him going as he moved towards the building, the wound getting even worse as he leaned against it. "I just have to reach the square, or at least a place where they can see me" he muttered as he got the edge of the building.

Once he reached the front, the pain shot through him once again, Valan stumbling and almost tripping as he clutched his wound again, unstrapping his mother's blade so he could get a better look at it, the seven pronged shichishito clattering to the ground as he tried to make a pain go away, putting his full weight against the side of the building as he slumped to the ground, feeling as though unconsciousness would take him soon.
    Last edited by SilverLich; March 02, 2013 at 06:46 PM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Professor Charles R. Grey

This mere shrub had some nerve! Waltzing up and demanding his money. Now he had the gall to knock a poor defenseless old man on his backside. Charles groaned and rubbed his chest where the Scrub had headbutted him. Luckily, the seed he had launched whizzed past his head, causing no harm. Now this man, who was the intended recipient of a relative fortune, pulled out a silver rupee of his own. He was obviously well off. Quickly, Charles gathered up all of the.thrown rupees and put them back in his pouch. He stood and straightened his jacket whilst giving an impatient cough. He really must be off.

Torgo,the ancient child

Torgo stopped in his tracks. So, it had come to an ultimatum. So, he could choose between fighting her and dieing by forest fire, stay and likely die by the same, or try to save the child and be killed slowly. None of the options aided the child in the end. Perhaps... perhaps he couldn't save everyone. It was a sobering thought. So many difficult decisions today. But now he faced the most difficult one. But, it seemed that he didn't really have a choice. With a heavy heart, Torgo gave a sharp whistle and turned to see his Wolfos friend leap from the brush he had been hiding in. He leaped aboard his steed and rode withing view of the Fairy once more. "As one immortal to another, you know I will not speak in vain. This is not our last meeting." And with that, the Kokiri disappeared through the forest, heading directly for Horon.
    Oren (Died of natural causes) - Athreon - Torgo - Mariel

Nebuzia
    After parting ways with the forest child, Nebuzia had had some interesting days.While she loathed admitting it, the Kokri had a point with what he said about rulers and the treatment of their subjects. The main reason she been dethroned when she had been a queen was due to her inability to see the unrest of her people, or even think they would dare. Furthermore, he had also spoken true about loneliness. At the end of the day, she couldn’t remember a single Person she could call, now what was that called, ah yes, a friend. She didn’t think one could miss something one never had, but still there was this longing…

Self-reflection aside, there was the child of course. So far things were progressing as slowly as one would expect. When the girl had finally regained consciousness, after a short moment of disorientation, she had immediately attacked Nebuzia, despite her wearing a different shape than back at the village. She blamed the blood-exchange for that.

That alone was no worry, the strength of the girls blows had increased considerably, but was by far not enough to do permanent damage. Or give her as much as a fightingchance.

So far, the child was now undergoing grief, denial, anger, sorrow, and other bothersome emotions, al in repeated order.

As a result, Nebuzia had decided to give her some space. Bringing her to the most secluded location she could find, far from civilisation, and leaving her there to survive on her own (if she couldn’t she wasn’t worth the bother anyway). She intended to return again and again, until the girl was finally ready to talk instead of attack.

Which left Nebuzia with enough time do purchase her other projects. First and foremost, integrate into mortal society. And after searching the land for some time, she had finally found something. At a river she saw laying a man wearing robes that marked him as one of the Horonian tribe of mortals. That would be a good place to start, they had connections to the Tarm slaves after all, so perhaps their society was influenced by other fairies in a way that would make it easier for her to integrate. And she could feel Tarm magic on this mortal’s blades. Which made them potentially lethal to her, but what was life without some risks?

Secure in the knowledge that her child was far away, she stepped out of the woods and approached the Horonian warrior. As a shape she chose that of a Horonian woman. Well, sort of. While she wore Horonian looking clothes, her ignorance of different mortal cultures resulted in the features of her form to look more like one from the west (though the apparent makeup helped to mask that), and in a similar vein, due to only really knowing about fairy life cycles, her form also had the size of a 14 year old. While she could pass as a woman that was simply born smaller than the rest, the fact remained that she was almost Kokiri sized.

Calling out to the warrior by the river, she said:
    “Dear stranger? I… humbly… request your… aid.” uh, saying those words to a mortal HURT “This may sound strange, but I seem to be suffering from amnesia. I don’t know who I am or where I am. I guess I am a… “ now what did those otherfairies she had overheard talking about their experiences in mortal culture called it? “…damsel in duress. Or was that distress? Well, it is certainly stressful, this amnesia. Can you help? Please?”
    Originally she had planned to act like she was all scared and frightened, as far as she remembered most mortal males had a liking for vulnerable females. But now that she was here, she couldn’t bring herself to do something so degrading, so she settled with a blank stare and standing rather stiff.
    Last edited by gaiachild; March 03, 2013 at 09:46 AM.

Nerise

She saw the knights by the well outside the inn and beckoned for them to come over. Once she was convinced they would come, she made her way to the village square. The others looked at her with anticipatory glances. She nodded, and Jonis came forward.

"Just give the word," he said.

"You have it," Nerise replied without missing a beat.

Deniir and Alexei rose up. "We've got a surprise ready if those scum try to invade our homes. We'll put on a dramatic performance for the saps," they chimed in, alternating speakers between sentences.

Nerise nodded.

"Then everything is prepared. I shall get to my post."

With that, she began walking to the building she was to keep watch from. There, she saw a man slumped over and bleeding out. This was unexpected. How did an unknown person get this close? Why was he injured? Questions raced through her mind as she tried to think of what to do. His garments revealed him to be a Sohei. It would be very bad for him to wake up in the middle of the fight and turn against them. Still, he required medical attention, and she wasn't about to let him die in the street. He could have valuable information if naught else. If best, he may be "persuaded" to join the glorious revolution. And so with a look of complete disdain she dragged the man into the building with her, ripped off some unnecessary fabrics from her garments, and tied them to the unconscious man so that there would be constant pressure on the wounds. She had to leave him on the floor for now though. There was no bed and she had no dedicated medical equipment to help him with.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

Valan Danar

He managed to hold onto consciousness for a moment longer before he blacked out. The last thing he could make out was a figure coming toward him, which at least meant that someone had seen him, but he had no idea if they would kill him or help him. We'll find out in a moment, that much is certain, were his last thoughts before he blacked out. He awakened several moments later, slowly getting up as he found that the pain had subsided greatly, slowly sitting up as he took in his surroundings.

The room was sparsely decorated, no furniture, a few racks where he assumed weapons would go, and a staircase up to a second floor. Well we aren't dead, though I wish they had done a better job of treating our wounds, Winter observed as his attention was drawn to them, and found that they had been better tended than he had managed, though there still something left to be desired. Who cares, as long as we can stand and fight that's all that matters! Summer, ever the one who focused on their objective. We'll deal with what we have to, but right now, lets just get ourselves integrated with the resista- he noticed the strap that held the scabbard that contained his mother's blade was gone, and was nowhere near him.

Where is Tsumugari?
    He bolted upright, pausing as the pain rushed through him, walking towards the door as fast as he could and began scanning the area for it. "Where is my mother's blade?" he asked aloud.

ARAN
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:

THRESTA
    Special Bonuses:

YURAK
    Special Bonuses:

Nerise

An unfamiliar voice echoed through the building. Nerise immediately deduced that the Sohei had awoken. "Well that didn't take very long," she thought as she rushed back to the wounded man. She caught him headed towards the door. Unwilling to let him leave, she produced a hunting bow and knocked an arrow before calling out to him.

"Halt! State your intent, Sohei!" she yelled, strangely unfazed by the fact that she was giving demands to one who she was taught from childhood to be her better.

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Dimitar

"Well now that that is all settled, I think we have been held up for quite long enough. If we are to make it to Horon proper before the next day we should keep moving at a good pace. Mister Scrub, if you would like as well as you Mister Grey, may come with me on my journey East. Their are many other forms of life and wonders to behold in the greatest city of man and nature. Truly it is a wonder of the world and you would regret not seeing Holodrum's crowning jewel before you leave back to your own homes." Dimitar mounted Abaga once more and sheathed his sword. Not caring whether the others followed or not, he strode onward towards Horon. He had been slowed up too many times, if they wanted his protection they would have to keep up. "I would not stay outside at night, I hear all sorts of creatures are roaming the fields at night these days." Dimitar sighed after his little encouragement to the others, nothing like a little fear to get the legs moving.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

Valan Danar

He didn't even have a chance to try and open it when a woman's voice called to him, asking for his intent. Despite the obvious threat and the fact that he still had his wounds to worry about, Valan turned to face her with little fear. He didn't need Summer or Winter to tell him of the possibility that this girl was untested in battle and would still die by their hands. But they weren't here to make enemies, they were here to join, and he was going to do this personally. "My intent, my lady, is something I doubt you would hear from one of my 'caste'" the way he said caste was filled with nothing but contempt and disdain.

"A new friend of mine gave me directions and here, and since we seem to have a common cause in the destruction of the Hegemony, I now seek to join your cause" he meant every word of it, but he had more pressing concerns, namely where Tsumugari was. "Now, I will ask you again, where is my mothers blade?" he repeated "I would have had on or near me, it's a seven pronged blade."
    Last edited by SilverLich; March 03, 2013 at 05:07 PM.

ARAN
    Special bonuses:

THRESTA
    Special Bonuses:

YURAK
    Special Bonuses:

ZeR0199X's Avatar Centenarius

Thomas Horatio Rolfe

Thomas removed his hand from his blade and adjusted his coat to hide the weapon once more. He turned to Dimitar, who had begun to ride off, and spoke, "You don't have to tell me twice, my good man. I am right behind you." He turned towards the professor and the scrub, "Before I forget, I am Thomas Horatio Rolfe, but you can call me Thomas. It's a pleasure to make both of your aqquaintances." With that the Labrynnian expert turned back around and quickened his pace to keep up with the Hora Sohei as they resumed their journey to Horon City.
    LONG LIVE THE MAD GOD! LONG LIVE MAJORA!!!

Marik Ravencroft-Cousland
    (Death by Ruby Guard) - Lyndis Cousland (Death by natural causes) - Selina Cousland (Retconned) - Lucius Cousland (Retconned)

Thomas Horatio Rolfe (Retconned) - Vincent Aurion (Soul consumed by demonic warrior, body now possessed) - Kriam Vaern

Pierre Lorraine
    (Death by natural causes)

Nerise

This man was a Sohei, yet held contempt for the caste system and sought the downfall of the Hegemony? It was not unheard of for Sohei to join the resistance, but with the attack so close at hand, she could not help but fear this man was a plant. No, she could not trust him. Not yet. The only question was whether or not to help him find his blade. Though Nerise was confident in her ability to hit any animal, she could not fully account for the man's reflexes. If he were well trained, he might be able to dodge the arrow by judging the subtle movements in her arm, giving him the trajectory and release time of the arrow. To shoot the man was too risky, and even if she hit, she would lose a source of information. Therefore the risk of shooting him far outweighed the risk of giving him his blade back. She slowly lowered her bow, her face expressing agony at the pure concept of letting a Sohei have power over the situation. Nevertheless, she would comply with his demands.

"I was not searching for a blade when I took you in. As you can well imagine, it was difficult enough just to drag you in here and stop the bleeding. I can take you back to where I found you, but I will not be able to accompany you any further. The loyalists will be here any moment and I need to be in this building to give directions to my companions."

That was a bit too much information. She really needed to learn how to control her mouth.

Ducenarius

Quid
    After a moment's thought, he set off after the two-arm, jogging to keep up with the bird he still sat on. He wanted to see the sights of the land, and this Horon sounded promising. Also, travelling in a pack would discourage predators. He made sure to keep an eye in the tall grass and bushes along the exposed lane the two-arms seemed to insist on travelling on.

He looked up at Dimitir (what an absurd name). "Horon. Does it have big caves you make?"
    HERIUNO
    Class: Goron Monk
    Race: Goron
    Equipment: Spade, Goron Hide( Chain) , medicinal satchel
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 to attack against Zora
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade
    +4 attack when enraged
    +4 endurance when enraged

Valan Danar

Well, at least this woman was sensible enough to realize that he was a threat even while injured. That was good, maybe this resistance wasn't completely doomed. Regardless, he had to get Tsumugari back, he would never forgive himself if he lost that sword, the armor defended the three of them, but that blade separated him from the others, it showed that it was him that was in control, that he would never forget where he came. "Fine, I'll help you, just show me where you found me, unless one of your friends decided to take it for themselves it should still be there." His eyes gained a murderous look in them though as the thought of someone actually taking it crossed his mind.

"And if any of them did take it, you better hope you can talk them out of keeping it, or I swear I will kill them to get it back" it was almost enough to bring Summer out, but he wasn't going to let Summer out just yet. "As for directing your friends, my skills in leadership are untested, I've fought the mystics by myself up until now, but I will help you out as best I can." This is something you will have to leave to me, I'm the tactician after all, Winter chimed in, and you may want to tell her about the two minds in here soon, if the rebels are desperate enough, they won't care that you share your mind with Summer and I.

ARAN
    Special bonuses:

THRESTA
    Special Bonuses:

YURAK
    Special Bonuses:

Nerise

She nodded to the Sohei, trying to keep interaction with one of the Summer caste to an absolute minimum. Until he could prove that he was on their side, he was a liability and a threat. For now, she would get him his blade and hope he didn't turn it on her. She didn't come this far to be killed by a random stranger she was trying to help despite his caste. Wouldn't that be ironic? One considered a terrorist by her country getting killed due to an act of kindness? Horon would hail this man as a hero while the rebels use it for propaganda purpose. In short, such an act will flair tensions. That is, if anyone lived to report the deed.

Nerise mentally slapped herself for these thoughts. Was she really that afraid of a Sohei that every thought need to be preoccupied with him turning on her and killing her? That was weakness. How could she expect her allies to stand against a hostile Sohei when she could not even get over her own fear of a seemingly "friendly" one? With this in mind, she lifted her head and marched out of the building with a straight face, doing her utmost to display no emotion whatsoever. She came to the place where she had found the man, blood still caked on the building's wall and the ground beneath. The blade was there, in a spot the Sohei's body would've obscured during her initial observation. Of course, she wasn't really looking the first time. She gestured to the blade, not wanting to pick it up herself lest it anger the man.

Valan Danar

He followed the woman silently, not asking anything of her, not saying anything to her, for he didn't even know what to ask, much less if she would answer him. She had no reason to trust him, his garb alone meant she had no reason to even let him live. She did though, and that meant that there was still hope, but first he had to find Tsumugari, the only proof to anyone outside of his mannerisms that he even existed, that Summer and Winter did not simply decide or fight over who would take control of his body. When they reached where he had collapsed, Valan rushed towards the blade, and carefully picked it up, cradling it in his arms as he reattached it to himself.

"Forgive me mother, father, my betrayal is about to come full circle" he whispered to it, as if the seven pronged sword could tell them what he said. "May you survive to see this new age I hope to help bring about, I will not look for either of you, may we never meet on the battlefield" he closed his eyes to better speak with Winter, his mind was needed more than the strength of Summer and even his own. I need your mind Winter, I need you to help them, we need the tactician of the Sohei more than the warrior.

Winter was quiet for some time before he spoke, and Summer was absolutely silent. You've kept this part of our power untempered by war, I cannot promise anything, but I will give you everything I have, and if he fails, than that just leaves more for you and I! He couldn't help but laugh at this, turning to the woman, bowing to the women, as she was the only one he could make this vow to. "Our blades, and our minds, are at your disposal my lady" he offered their collective service to her "place us where you will, and we will serve you to the best of our abilities."

ARAN
    Special bonuses:

THRESTA
    Special Bonuses:

YURAK
    Special Bonuses:

Attaxer's Avatar Campidoctor

Ginkarai Hisei

Ginkarai stepped into the clearing where Valan had collapsed and sighed heavily at the display of loyalty and honor. " Save your words." he said firmly. As he approached he casually addressed Nerise. " Nerise, always a pleasure. I'm safe in assuming I've made it back in time for the assault." As he spoke he smiled slightly and turned back to regard Valan. " We earn our place her friend. It is not enough to simply swear your blades. I saw your power on that bridge, and I would not like that turned against us in our sleep."

His demeanor had changed, but Ginkarai always did seem to have a knack for testing the new recruits loyalties.

▲ ▲

Quenya's Map

Nerise

She was about to assign the Sohei to a position where he could not compromise the mission, but a familiar voice cut her off before she could speak. Nerise turned to face the source, smiling as she recognized the man before her.

"Ginkarai, as always, you arrive not a moment too soon. The loyalists arrive any minute now."

She turned back to the Sohei.

"My apologies for my behavior earlier. If I knew you knew Ginkarai, my reception would have been less hostile. I will give you the chance to prove your loyalty. Draw them to the village square. Meet them as one of their own. I will give you a position that will allow you to fall back indoors easily once the trap is sprung."

Valan Danar

A simple task, not that hard even by the standards they had dealt with before. Few had managed to escape him before, not counting yesterday's abomination and the mysterious assailant who had come to his aid, so any chance of recognizing him was incredibly slim. Since he had been given the opportunity to perform this task, Winter decided to take over for now, Valan shuddering as Winter was given control of his body. Ginkarai had been preoccupied during the battle at the bridge, so even Winter did not know if their ally truly knew the full extent of what Valan had spoken of the previous day, much less seen it.

"Of course" he replied "though I must warn you, we only run when things go badly, but we will try to stay out of your way, so long as the Hegemony falls, we don't care how it's done."

ARAN
    Special bonuses:

THRESTA
    Special Bonuses:

YURAK
    Special Bonuses: