Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Arc 5 (Great Sea) -- Undergoing Setup

Ducenarius

Default Re: Arc 4 (East): The Savage Upheaval

Quid

He blinked slowly. The the two-arm had just said many words, in rapid succession, very confusing. Something about respect, and reborn. Quid stared at the two-arm blankly. He tried to decipher it for a few seconds, then decided better of it. The two-arm was clearly dense. It took all of Quid's resolve to not fire at the insolent two-arm right there, but he didn't want to kill the first people he had met who could talk. Sometimes, he found himself missing the old forest scrub, and his conversation...

"Shiny rock. Mine now." Quid said with barely restrained frustration, pointing condescendingly at the silver shiny rock (why was it silver? Forest Scrub's was green. Silver must be better.) He rolled his eyes at being forced to do this. Really, if the two-arms couldn't comprehend a basic command, how had they built those caves?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    HERIUNO
    Class: Goron Monk
    Race: Goron
    Equipment: Spade, Goron Hide( Chain) , medicinal satchel
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 to attack against Zora
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade
    +4 attack when enraged
    +4 endurance when enraged

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Nerise

This was extraordinary. A Hylian knight in the flesh was nothing short of a direct gift from the divine. Eagerly, Nerise introduced herself.

"Linair, your graces. Nerise Linair. If I may, what brings the Kingdom to our humble lands?"

That was a better introduction than last time atleast -- much better, in fact. Maybe it was a fluke, but she could hope otherwise. However, despite her burning curiosity, Anton was correct. They could not remain here for long. She gave Anton a nod and got back on her Hrok, but still paid careful attention to the knight and his companion.

"If you wouldn't mind, can we take this discussion on the road? Though I am dreadfully remorseful for this inconvenience, we cannot remain still."

Where did this newfound eloquence come from? Perhaps spontaneous social etiquette was part of her "curse." Of course, that meant it was as transient as her temper. Undoubtedly, she would embarras herself in front of these two nobles soon enough.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Morgan and Gwyn

"Think nothing of it." Gwyn said before her Master could respond, and with that the group got on its way, and the pair of knights stowed away their spears. Gwyn had also placed herself between her Master and the Lady Nerise, and her as yet unnamed companion. "As for what brings us here, my Mster and i seek to make a name for ourselves by exploring the unkown lands out East and find the mysterious kingdom known as Horon."

Seeing a chance to jump back into the conversation Morgan spoke up. "Yes, indeed we do. Sadly all we have found so far is various unruly animals trying to kill and eat us or our horses. You would not happen to know of any town or city nearby would you? It would be most unsatisfying if we came out all this way and ended up hundreds of leagues away from our destination. It's not like we had a map to go by."

"Ah, but camping in sight of the Frozen Domain was so romantic." Gwyn said with a stary eyed look on her face. "Although we had to find a cave to stay away from all the Freezards and Chillfos. Those beasts were decidingly not romantic."

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Professor Charles R. Grey

Well this was a reveling insight. His savior happened to be of the Horonian Warrior caste. These people were dangerous and often carried out threats when they made them. At least that was the impression that this one made on him. Rubbing his hand that the new arrival had shot at, it's demands gave him an idea. If he was so obsessed with the rupee, and its reflective qualities, he might not be able to focus with the presence of many of them flying through the air. Opening his pouch, he flung the contents right at the Scrub's face. Rupees of all colors and values flew in a bright display of wealth. Blues, greens, purples, oranges, yellows, and one or two gold rupees should have been enough to attract the attention of the magpie like creature. As soon as his eyes began to follow the "rocks" Charles started besetting the unlucky Scrub with many blows from his walking stick. Despite his age, his arms retained a small modicum of youthful vigor in them. The Professor attributed his preservation to his copious amounts of alchemical taste testing he had preformed.
    Last edited by Emrys; February 26, 2013 at 09:19 PM.

Ducenarius

Quid

For a second he was smug, obviously having intimidated the two-arm into surrendering all his rocks. As Quid admired the spectacle arcing through the air though, his thoughts were interrupted by a powerful whack on his head. Instinct kicked in, and Quid hopped backward before the next strike came. Betrayal, disappointing but simple enough. The shelless one had assaulted him after his false gift. Quid fired off a nut at the offending two-arm's head, and launched a headbutt at his torso.
    HERIUNO
    Class: Goron Monk
    Race: Goron
    Equipment: Spade, Goron Hide( Chain) , medicinal satchel
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 to attack against Zora
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade
    +4 attack when enraged
    +4 endurance when enraged

Nerise

"Well in that case, you're in luck!" Nerise proclaimed, confident all of a sudden. "If you come with us, I'll bring you to my home village. Perhaps we can exchange information about our cultures. But I warn you, stay away from the cities. Horon is in a state of civil unrest right now, and I can't guarantee... as nice a welcome as I gave."

Perfect. Her social awkwardness was resurfacing. Not trusting herself to hold the conversation, she instantly shut up and returned to the road, starting to set off. She turned back to Anton, seeking his approval in a final gesture before she kicked the Hrok into full travel speed.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

ZeR0199X's Avatar Centenarius

Thomas Horatio Rolfe

He had walked along with Dimitar for quite awhile when the Hora Sohei rode a little faster. Noticing this Thomas stopped admiring the scenery around him and quickened his pace to catch up. He watched as Dimitar used some source of power to disperse a flock of Keese that were attacking an older man. Thomas had pulled out his notes and charcoal and began scribbling down what he had just witnessed. As he wrote the older man introduced himself as Professor Charles Grey, a name that Thomas had heard off back when he lived in Hyrule.

Grey was offering Dimitar a silver rupee for helping him out when a Deku scrub threatened them all. Thomas stood by as he watched the Hora Sohei stood his ground and the Hylian professor start beating on the scrub. The Labrynnian expert put his notebook away and placed his hand on his sword. He would be ready if there was to be a fight, but right now he would stay out of this squabble.
    LONG LIVE THE MAD GOD! LONG LIVE MAJORA!!!

Marik Ravencroft-Cousland
    (Death by Ruby Guard) - Lyndis Cousland (Death by natural causes) - Selina Cousland (Retconned) - Lucius Cousland (Retconned)

Thomas Horatio Rolfe (Retconned) - Vincent Aurion (Soul consumed by demonic warrior, body now possessed) - Kriam Vaern

Pierre Lorraine
    (Death by natural causes)

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Anton Laar

Anton wanted to tell Nerise everything. That if the Knights, the men and women of Hyrule who enacted the Goddesses will as instructed by their Royal family, discovered that he had acted against the Three in the past, his regret for his actions would mean nothing. He would be killed on the spot, or worse; dragged back to Hyrule for public execution. But he couldn't, so he merely nodded not meeting the eyes of either the Knights or the Horonian. He almost missed the mention of civil unrest, but it made sense. Rioters and other unsatisfied people had evidently targeted Nerise's home. He felt much better about being willing to defend her, now, although he wasn't sure how he could without killing. But he had given his word, so he would have to see it out.

And maybe these people of Hyrule would be able to distract Nerise while he slipped away.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Last edited by Mattwensley; February 27, 2013 at 07:11 AM.

Rintaro Umeda

Rintaro stood for a moment, waiting for the white haired warrior to attack him again. It was becoming clearer now, his movements, his brashness, and his lack of a true blade all pointed to incomplete training. He was cast among the sea during a storm with no way to tell which way the shore lay. Rin's musings were interrupted when the green warrior seemed to want to step in, rude though that my be he was obliged to respond, deflecting the first blow from the man he was about to counterattack when he realized something. Though his mind screamed at him, telling him that the warrior was there, his blade felt nothing, not the dark power or soul that it felt before. Sure enough a moment later the illusion vanished and the green warrior was back to fighting the strange armored wolfos. Deciding not to let his momentum go to waste he spun once and leapt into an attack against summer, or winter? It didn't matter. He struck with staggering speed with both blades, by the time one sword lashed out the next attack was already coming. The black vines that were creeping up and over the bridge, growing across the floor almost encircling them. The same strange smile was on Rin's face, the smile you would see when someone found simple joy, like that of biting into a fresh apple or receiving a gift from a loved one.

This was all broken when a man in strange colored cloths and riding a mule happened by the bridge and in a most rude fashion called them to clear the way for him. Strange though it might be Rintaro's discipline kicked in, he leapt back from Valan and stood to the side of the bridge, the vines to move to clear a straight path across as Rin struggled to understand what just happened. "How rude of us sir, please do go by. You don't mind holding off for a moment do you? He directed the question at Valan. the odd smile still on his face.
    Leon-(Died in battle)Zaven-(Vanished into the shadow temple)Xantear-west Rintaro-East

Morgan and Gwyn

"Define Civil Unrest." Morgan asked with a raised eyebrow. "food riots, lynchings in streets, thugs murdering and raping in the streets, organized rebellion, shortage of alcohol, some pissy noble throwing a tantrum because he didn't get a title or peice of land that he wanted, silly taxes on windows or something?"

"And what about your silent friend?" Gwyn chirped in in her usual fashion.

Valan Danar

He greatly underestimated this man, he was far from the average opponent, even the average mystic. It was incredibly rare that they encountered a mystic on the road, in fact they could count the ones they had killed since their vow on one hand. Or was he even a simple mystic? Did they create some new creature that looked like a man, but wielded the power of something else? Summer could care less, but Valan and Winter wanted to know, but this man wouldn't give them a chance to think, he attacked them with speed even Winter found staggering. Focusing solely on Rintaro, only taking an occasional glance over to their new ally and his fight, Winter parried and blocked with the everything he had, putting all of his skill into this, and it was all he could do to save them.

Rintaro's speed was enough for him to force Winter back, where his previous strikes had gotten past Summer to occasionally wound, even Winter was having trouble trying to leave them with enough strength to return the favor once he let up. Blows got past his defense, he was forced to use both hands to hold the katana, this man was indeed an opponent they would enjoy killing, at least once they figured out how they were going to surpass his obviously inhuman abilities. Fate was kind to them though, offering a distraction in the form of an oddly dressed man and his mount, Winter backing away as the vines receded to allow the man passage. "Do what you wish stranger, but I would suggest hurrying along, I would hate to be responsible for anything that happens to you should you interfere" Summer may not have cared, but Winter was a professional, and Valan would have on asserted himself and cost them more of their strength just by taking control. We have to end this Winter, find his heart and pierce it! Or at least find us an escape route, we can't last too much longer.

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

Nerise

Thoughts of the revolution turned her demeanor cold. She spoke very matter-of-factly about it, displaying no emotion whatsoever.

“The revolution began while I was in Hyrule, so I can’t tell you how it started. What I do know, is that a lot of people have had enough of the Sohei, the Mystics, and the restrictions they impose. The Mystics dictate that we are not allowed to use the natural resources others believe are necessary for the growth of our communities. Another large source of irritation for those who oppose the authorities is the caste system of Horon. Whatever season you are born into determines your caste, and the Mystics regulate mating so to control the numbers of each caste according to need, with the laborers of the Spring Caste being the most plentiful, of course. This lack of opportunity has helped fuel the flames of insurrection. As you may have guessed, those most opposed to change are the ones who benefit from the caste system, especially the Summer Caste and the Mystics."

Nerise began murmuring something inaudible, even to Anton who was seated right behind her. When she resumed speaking to her audience, she was quite visibly irritated.

"I saw how things worked in Hyrule. I heard the tales of those poorer folks who got lucky and made nobles of themselves. However rare it was there, know that it is downright impossible here. When anyone tries to take control of my own life's direction away from me, they will have to drag me while I kick, scream, and protest the whole way. I'd rather try, fail, and lose everything than never have the chance to do anything with my life. You'd have to kill me first."

She shook a little, and just like that she was back to her friendly tone.

"But enough about the failure of a state we have running here. I'd love to hear how Hyrule is faring these days."

Morgan and Gwyn

The pair simply stared at the girl for a few moments when she spoke. What you were born as determined your entire life? Your job, your hope, your standing in life? They bred their own people like cattle to be used as they saw fit? Thats a level of barbarity not even the worshipers of the Great Enemy sunk to. it was unheard of. And the pair said as much to her.

"There is such a a thing as monarchy, and then there is forced bondage and slavery. Any noble can marry a peasent and raise them to nobility. Any man or woman can earn a title through service or their own blood sweat and tears. They are not bred and used as cattle by some masked mystic cult to do as they please. Its disgusting. The lowliest beggar in Hyrule has more choice and freedom in his life than the highest Horonian it seems. All the tales of the enlightened empire seem to mere fabrications from the sounds of it." Morgan ranted to no one in particular.

"It's a single tale, from a single woman Master. Who knows how much is true, and how much is fanciful tales." Gwyn once again chipped in, with her ever present smile.

"True enough, Gwyn. As for how things are in Hyrule, may i ask when you were last there? it would help narrow things down." Morgan asked.

Nerise

The reaction she got from the knights was rather uplifting. If the great Hylians saw the injustice being carried out in Horon, then this rebellion was not just a few disillusioned peasants with anger issues -- although she personally did suffer from spontaneous bouts of anger from time-to-time. The hurried rants of Morgan were carried into her ears and graciously welcomed them as sweet honey. Were she alone, the pure joy would be enough to make her burst into laughter. Alas, there was no time for that yet. There was much to learn, with so little time.

"It wasn't all that long ago. From my best estimates, I would say three winters have passed since I left the city known as Kakariko. Such a fascinating place it was. Many old cultural influences fused together harmoniously without compromising Hylian values. It is truly a testament to the far-reaching embrace of the Kingdom and the ingenuity of its people."

Her praise was genuine, of course. Three years in Hyrule was all it took for her to believe Hylians were superior forms of life that even the highest of Horonians should bow down to for their wisdom, courage, and power. They were perfect in her eyes.
    Last edited by Avatar of the Ice Wolf; February 27, 2013 at 03:41 PM.

Morgan and Gwyn

"Well, then, not much has really changed since your last visit. a few border skirmishes with the Ikanan Filth opressing and enslaving our Ordonan cousins, and the usual Moblin and Lizalfos beasts raiding a village or two and running away. We have not been in any of that though. We were mostly stationed around my families castle and estates near Castle Town, so most of the time we just had to cull wildlife and the odd group of bandits stupid enough to come too close to the capital. Other than that we mostly trained and participatted in tournaments. We did spend a few months near the Zola border butchering a warlord and his armies when they tried to sack the villages in Vigjaro Glade. That was a good slaughter." Morgan said.

Gwyn meanwhille was inspecting the mostly silent man riding the giant bird with the Nerise Woman. Eventually when the woman looked over at them again she pointed at the man, then rapped herself on the head a few times to silently ask if the man was all there.

Nerise

The Horonian had not the faintest idea of what Gwyn's hand gesture could mean. Interpreting it vaguely as "keep your wits about you," she decided to focus more on the road than the conversation, as much as that went against her desires. This did not mean she was silent, however, as most of the journey was spent inquiring about Hylian customs and returning information about Horon -- or at least, her version of Horon. The ride was a long one, spanning about ten hours. It was now dead time, a couple of hours after midnight. As was the case with the previous early morning, there was not a light to be found in the skies. Silently depositing the Hrok back in the stables she "borrowed" it from, she looked to her traveling companions.

"This is the place. I'll lead you to your accommodations." She sighed, unsure of how to get the next part across to the knights. "The attack will take place at midday tomorrow. If you wish to leave before then, you can. I won't hold it against you. But if you want to stay and help me in this village's defense, I will be forever in your debt." She then looked to everyone, delivering one final statement before they wrapped up the evening. "Should you choose to stay, you will meet my father soon enough."

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Dimitar

I would be lying if I said that the scene before me was not something out of a comedy. An old man at odds with a scrub would bring the children into the theater in no time, and I must say this play was a hit. I was thoroughly impressed by the old man's quick thinking but the scrub was hardy. That was one thing about the deku, when they really wanted something they could be quite tenacious. I was tempted to let them fight to the death for the sake of hilarity but I decided against it, it was not becoming of a Hora sohei to let either die.

While the elderly man and the deku scuffled, Dimitar climbed down from Abaga and drew his fairy blade. As the deku headbutted the man into Grey's chest and pulled back he bumped int Dimitar who was all of a sudden behind him. Dimitar quickly grabbed the deku by the leaves on his head and hoisted him from the ground. Dimitar quickly placed the sharp edge of his blade to the wooden throat of the deku. "Calm yourself and act like a civilized creature that you can be. You will show me respect as well as apologize to the man you assaulted , or I will trim you down like a hedge." Dimitar did not want to go through with the threat, but the land was becoming untamed with this rebel threat growing. It was reflected in nature itself, the creatures getting bolder with each day and darker things growing within the forests. If this deku pushed him, he would have to kill him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

Phi
    Well, it seemed that the locals were not complete idiots. They understood that the Harlequin was their superior, and went to great lengths to ensure that nothing got in his way. Phi still thought of them as idiots, but at least they weren't entirely stupid. Urging Julio into motion once more, Phi nodded to the two in thanks as he passed. Once the Harlequin had reached the other side, he turned to them. "You may continue with whatever you were doing. I can't stay to chat, as I have a party to attend. Toodles!"
    Last edited by DiddlyDark; February 27, 2013 at 07:17 PM.