Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27526768697071727374757677
Results 1,521 to 1,535 of 1535

Thread: Arc 5 (Great Sea) -- Undergoing Setup

Default Re: Arc 5 (East): Resurrection

Nebuzia

In the moment of her defeat, Nebuzia continued to smile. The Kokiri did not disappoint. A lesser foe might have gone for her head or throat, not realising that a being like her didn’t share the same biological weaknesses of the lesser races. To say it in simple terms, she was a being of pure magic shaped after her own desire. But that magic had to be given a form to contain it and channel it into the desired paths to perform acts of magic. Recently, it had taken all her power to keep herself together, her abused form unable to both contain itself and work spells at the same time.

But now, that concern was moot anyway, seeing how there was no hybrid child at hand to use, and a anti fairy blade descending on her chest.

And as Torgo’s blade stuck the final blow, Nebuzia cast a last spell. Doing so quickened the speed in which her body fell apart and released all of its energy, but for the assembled “heroes”, that was actually a god thing. Had she done nothing, the resulting explosion of released raw energy would have seriously injured, maybe killed, everyone in the room. However, Nebuzia’s last spell was a gift for Torgo, as payback for the grand amusement he had delivered. A teleportation spell, meant to take him to a specific location.

Due to the massive amount of liberated magic however, that same spell affected everyone else in the room as well whether Nebuzia wanted that or not. With the key difference being that there was no specific destination for all the others in mind as magic currents took a hold of them and threw them on the elemental pathways.

Valan found himself transported over a large body of water. The fall was short-lived, but no shore was in sight.
    The Poe Legato found himself within a Labrynnian canon factory.
    Onirix teleported right into a bathhouse. As it turned out, while the establishment was well visited, he was the only male.
    As for Torgo…

For him, Nebuzia had taken the effort of locating the presence of the hybrid Mariel. With the parting words :”You succeeded in the game of immortals without being a player. Take pride.”, the dark fairy transported him to that location. Then, the last of her essence and the seemingly lifeless body of Dezaia vanished as well, while the released magic slowly obliterated the mansion.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Great Fairy Expedition

As soon as the mansion vanished, a squad of Tarm fairies descended upon the premises, consisting of three Great Fairies and a dozen Manifests. Said Manifests began to draw energy from the area into their staffs, as if "cleaning up" Nebuzia's residual magic.

One of the other Great Fairies noticed a quizzical expression on one of the Manifests and began to question her.

"What is it Fervi?"

"Nothing," the Manifest replied. "It's just... I thought I felt something familiar..."

"Hey, over here!" yet another Manifest yelled from the position where Nebuzia and Torgo had once been. "I got something."

Velshi, one of the Great Fairies, hovered over, placing her own hand over the point of origin.

"Most of the energy is too dispersed to get anything other than residual readings," she began, "but this is a definite teleportation signature." She then pointed at one of the other Great Fairies and three of the Manifests. "It's going to the Kokiri Forest. Follow it. If you encounter any problems, call us."

The designated fairies quickly teleported away, leaving the rest to their work.
    Last edited by Avatar of the Ice Wolf; May 24, 2014 at 08:35 PM.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

Onirix

Onirix smirked as Nebuzia exploded, then started flailing his arms madly as he realized that he was flying through a rift in the planes. He fell face first into a pool of steamy water. Quickly standing back up, he took stock of his surroundings. The steam was pretty thick, so he had to be inside. The water was warm, but not too hot, just at the right temperature to relax the muscles. When he stopped panicking so much, he realized that he did not need to tread water, as it only came up to his armpits.

"Legato? Valan? Torgo?" he cried out, his vision obscured by the fog.

"Hey!" a voice cried out from behind him, this one female. "We had the whole place rented out for today! Who the hell are you?"

When Onirix turned around, his jaw dropped. There were ten naked women in front of him, all Gerudo, all doing their best to conceal their nudity by hiding in the water or covering up with their hands, save for their apparent leader, the woman in front. She had her hands by at her hips, apparently expecting a damn good excuse for this intrusion, based upon her facial expression.

Nebuzia, wherever you are, I just want you to know that I love you forever for this.
    Last edited by Brihentin13; March 15, 2017 at 03:27 AM. Reason: i just remembered how retarded this scene was

Free Kekistan

Dark Mewtwo's Avatar Miles

Legato

One moment Legato was preparing to block Rintaro's energy bolts, and the next he was on an assembly line surrounded by purple clad, soot covered workers. They stood baffled staring at the Poe, some ran but others stood frozen in fear. "Nebuzia . . . . NEBUUUUUUUUUUUUUZIAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!" As Legato let out his roar the walls groaned and shadows danced about the room, you could hear the wailing of spirits as if Legato had torn a hole in the vale between worlds. Most of the mortal workers were claimed by the tide of shadows that rose up and danced about the room, however one worker mustered up the courage to find a weapon and fire off a single rifle shot at Legato, but he was so shaken up by fear that his shot missed by several feet. Now he had drawn the attention of the enraged specter, who now floated in close to him. "You mortals and your toys." He said taking the gun from the quivering worker. "It has been quite some time since I got to kill someone. You see I have been playing the good guy for some time now, but there is no one here to judge me now. Just me and you, and of course my old friend . . . Death, ha . . . ha ha . . . . . haaaaahaaa haa haa" His vile laugh filled the room and echoed about it. Then after he was finished laughing all the shadows in the room closed in on the worker, and drowned him in a tide of fear. "Oh that was fun, lets find some more friends to play with. What do you think? Oh that's right you're dead." Legato floated over to the door, but just before he left he had an idea. He eyed one of the fully assembled cannons.

Meanwhile outside, the workers that had escaped were talking to the guard. They told them of a ghost that came from nowhere and claimed most of the workers lives. The guards eyed them like they were insane, but just then a massive explosion rocked the factory wall and a cannonball landed inside of the guard tower. Then out from the hole a song could be heard.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The sky darkened even though it was the middle of the day. The captain could only get out a "What the . . ." Before the form of an angry wraith grabbed him, and threw him into his allies musket fire. At this point most all of the Labrynnians had started to flee, however they were met with the gate of the factory that had been warded shut. They started to clamor and run about trying to get past the wall, but just then a voice came from the guard tower. "Hush now Mortals. I have come to bring you a gift, the gift of death. Please accept it." And with that he began to play the song of death. Some of the guards aimed their rifles, but they were met with shadowy hands that came up from the ground. Slowly, one by one, two by two, three by three, they were claimed by the darkness. Floating over their corpses and opening his warded gate he spoke. "Well that was fun, I feel better now. Now where is Onirix?" He said as he readied his lantern, that he had set to track the mage's energy.
    Last edited by Dark Mewtwo; May 24, 2014 at 08:40 PM.
    Argos-Ikanian. Legato-Poe

Valan Danar

For someone who seemed to consider his emotionless state nothing more than being second nature to him, a small part of Winter found the grin he had on his face uncomfortable, but at the same time right. He was too caught up in the power flowing through the sword, mending the broken mind to even notice what had been going on, a fact Valan took advantage of in an effort to save them, but his blade would not budge from where it had impaled Nebuzia. He had no idea how he was going to free it from the dark fairy's body, or how he was going to escape this place along with the others if what she was going to do turned out to be what he was thinking it was.

Then it happened. Despite the efforts of Torgo and Rintaro, Nebuzia still had the last laugh, and in an explosion of power, he was blinded, expecting death to claim him, without any time to even think of any regrets he had. When he opened his eyes though, he did not find himself looking out upon the forests of Horon, able to see maku of the land more clearly and the people as something different, he found himself floating in what was either the ocean or a very large lake. "RINTARO? TORGO? ONIRIX?" he called out to his friends and comrades, but received no answer. Summer? Winter? Mystic? Any of you have any idea where we are or what happened? Even his personalities did not reply to him, which worried him even more.

Please don't be gone, please!
    We just found our agreement, we just defeated the one who held the power that was the answer to our questions! Don't leave like this! "Don't leave me alone..." he murmured as he took another look at the water before him. He could not see any sign of land, but that didn't mean there wasn't any. "No use moping like this, gotta try and get back to Horon, figure out what happened and where the others are," he said, trying to convince himself to do something other than float. After placing his sword on his back, he began swimming, praying that he could find SOMETHING before he was either eaten by some sea creature or drowned.
    Last edited by SilverLich; May 24, 2014 at 09:12 PM.

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

Onirix

So, Nebuzia exploded. I think she's dead. The others probably got teleported to random places as well. Heh, I bet no one else got as lucky as me. Well, I guess I have no immediate responsibilities to deal with.

The weight of days of traveling, fighting...and "wrestling"... was starting to catch up to Onirix as he yawned. He needed some sleep.

Oh, I know! I'll stop by the clinic! Caltar told me I should get an exam...

The memory of his fallen comrade stung Onirix.

Caltar...I'm sorry that I couldn't protect you. Damn. Well, whatever. She died for a good cause. We already finished off the fairy, so at least she didn't die in vain. We'll all honor her sacrifice by living well. The first step in that is to take her advice and get a check-up! After a nap.... I hope Layla doesn't mind me crashing there for the night. We parted ways rather akwardly. Eh, it'll be all right. She said we could still be friends, right? Yeah! We'll go by and have a grand old time just chilling out and catching up.

Onirix eventually found his way through the maze of Horonian streets until he stood before the clinic. Somehow, the horse had beat him back there.

"Jesse? Oh crap! I totally forgot about you! I'm sorry girl! How did you get back here anyway? You're a smart horsey! Yes you are!"

Onirix spent some time praising the horse and rubbing its mane before walking into the clinic. Once inside, Onirix was confronted with a feeling of dread. The place was empty, and as quiet as a graveyard. He stood there in the doorway for a time, before mustering up the courage to call out to its denizens.

"Layla? Ian? Is anyone here? It's Onirix. We finished killing a dark fairy so I figured I'd swing by and see how you were doing."

Onirix heard a light pattering of feet above him on the second floor.

"Layla? Hey, someone answer me! You're freaking me out a little."

Silence was the only reply. Onirix was legitimately concerned now, so he tried to reach out with his mind. As usual in Horon, there was just too much life energy for Onirix to sort out what was what, so he could not scan the clinic accurately. Irritated, he resorted to using the normal senses that an ordinary man would have to use. Eyes wide open and ears on high alert, the mage made his way across the first floor of the clinic towards the stairs, his feet causing each floorboard to creek as he slowly inched forward, much to his dismay. Upon reaching the stairs and climbing up them, he reached the second story and nervously took the last few steps towards the door that led to the residential portion of the clinic. He leaned against the left side of the door frame, left hand trembling as it gripped the door knob, right hand instinctively ablaze with shadow and poised to strike. He finally was close enough to make out the local energies a little better. There was some sort of nervous energy on the other side of the door, something strangely familiar, but other than that, Onirix had no idea what it was.

If anyone has hurt her...

Onirix stood in place for what felt like an eternity. He was, for the first time in his life, genuinely horrified. Sure, he had been somewhat nervous before when facing the innumerable threats of Hyrule. He'd been a little jumpy around Nebuzia, and the Majora fight had seemed real in his head, so he was certainly a tad on edge for that, but he didn't really fear dying. Part of it was his belief in his own invincibility, but, at his core, Onirix really didn't care about his own well being. He was a horrible person and he knew it. His only worth came from helping those around him and protecting those who he deemed as good from those that he deemed as bad. The fear that gripped him now was of opening that door and seeing another dead friend. He had barely known Caltar, but she had been helpful and seemed kind. She didn't deserve to die the way that she did, and Onirix couldn't bear to see such a senseless death happen again.

No. No more good people die.

Onirix finally thrust open the door and charged in, ready to eviscerate anyone who would dare threaten his friends. TO his surprise, the only visible people in the room were Layla and Ian, tied to chairs with their faces to the door. Each bore bloodied and bruised faces, indicating that they had been beaten by someone. As Layla's eyes met Onirix's, she tried to cry out to him.

"Onirix! It's a..."

Layla was silenced forever as a shadowy hand quickly slid a blade across her throat.

"Kill him."

Onirix was hit by several needles to the chest, but barely even noticed the impact.

"No. No. No no no no no!" the mage screamed as the darkest part of his psyche reawakened. He ran forward like a man possessed, barreling towards the obscured figure. A Sheikah Monk interrupted his charge by taking out his legs with her bo staff. As Onirix lay on the ground, he saw an Assassin, this one male, trying to land the killing blow with his arm blades. The blades were met with fire and the man burned away quickly in Onirix's rage. The rest would not die so mercifully. Turning his attention to the Monk, Onirix froze her legs to the floor to get her to stop moving, then froze the arms in place as well. Leaving his right hand up to form a ward, Onirix used his free left arm and dug his fingers into the immobilized woman's eyes, then proceeded to burn her skull from the inside out. More needles bounced harmlessly off of his barrier as the woman screamed. Once her skull had literally melted around Onirix's hand, he flicked the guts off of it and turned his gaze upon the needler. In a moment of uncharacteristic strength, Onirix surrrounded the needler on all sides with summoned swords. One by one, blue blades flew inwards towards the man until he was impaled enough to resemble a pinchusion. Onirix snapped his fingers and the man exploded, blowing out a section of the wall and revealing the open sky. It had begun to rain rather suddenly. Finally, all that remained was the obscured man in the shadows.

"Very good," the still barely visible man began, lightning briefly illuminating his form, that of another non-descript Sheikah, "but magic can only kill so much. It is time for this little mistake to be remedied."

From the shadows behind the man came a great stone bird, a Shadow Golem. Onirix's natural response was to fire off a gout of flame, which the beast walked right through easily. The mage switched to ice, then shadow, all to no avail. Finally, the bird was within striking distance, so Onirix tried to slice it with his axe. The blow, which would have crushed a human skull, bounced harmlessly off of the bird and it swatted Onirix away with his wing, sending him into another wall. Onirix nearly passed out on impact, feeling as if all of his organs had just been rearranged, but rolled over on his side and looked back at the bird. It stood over his broken body ready to strike down with its gigantic, barbed beak.

"Fool. Our Shadow Golems are resistant to your magic."

A bolt of lightning in the sky behind the Golem gave Onirix a glimmer of hope.

Resistant doen't mean invulnerable.

Summoning up the last of his strength, Onirix let himself become a lightning rod through which millions of volts of energy could pass. A bolt of lightning came down from the sky and struck Onirix, who quickly redirected it at the golem and the last Sheikah. The man practically distenigrated instantly and the bird blew apart into innumerable pebbles. Onirix temporarily entered a cataconic state of sorts, unable to process all of what had just happened. He lay there for what seemed like an eternity until a sharp kick woke him. It was his Ian, his wrists now as bloody as his face.

"You idiot!" he cried. "This is your fault! Those men came her because of you! I should never have let my sister get involved with a rogue Sheikah!"

"Ian...I..."

"Shut up!" Ian interrupted as his face swelled with tears. "Just shut up, you freak! Layla died trying to protect you! They tortured us for hours trying to learn where you went. I told them everything, but she never spoke, so they just kept hitting her. And then they tied us up and said that they would let us go after they killed you, but she had to open her big mouth and try to save you from the trap. All of this is your fault!"

"I...."

"Shut up! Get out of here! If I ever see you again, I'll kill you myself!"

Onirix nodded, the weight of guilt preventing him from speaking in his own defense. Ian turned to Layla, hugging her still tied up body and sobbing.

"Oh, Layla..."

Onirix limped back down the stairs and made his way to his horse. The local guards had taken note of the disturbance and were gathered outside.

"Sir! What's going on up there?"

Onirix could barely mutter his reply, still shell-shocked.

"Shiekah...I couldn't stop them. I'm sorry. I can't protect anyone."

The shock gave way once again to rage as the tears welled up in the wizards' eyes.

"But I can kill everyone! I swear on the Triforce that Kakariko will burn! Aghanim! I'm coming for you!"

Onirix's horse reared up and then bolted out of town. Heading vaguely west, Onirix rode as hard as he could for hours and hours until he finally passed out from sleep deprivation. His horse slowed down, but continued to slowly trot on the road westward. Onirix lay asleep on Jesse's back, his tired body finally breaking down where his iron will would have kept on going. As the horse continued, Onirix descended once again into his nightmares. As dangerous as his enemies in the real world were, nothing could hold a candle to his own madness...
    Last edited by Brihentin13; March 15, 2017 at 03:28 AM. Reason: also stupid

Free Kekistan

Dezaia

She remembered pain.

A feeling she had grown accustomed to during the recent past, but never, never like this, when the blade pierced her skull.

She had wanted to scream then, just as she wanted to scream now. But she couldn’t. Her body wouldn’t allow her to. Unable to move, she remained frozen, when the blade finally was removed, yet the pain only kept on growing. Frozen as she was raised and red clouded her vision. When the world burned. Frozen still as the light obscured everything and the wind whisked her away.

All of this happening, nothing to make sense of, and always this pain!

She had been looking at a blue sky for what felt like an eternity now. When finally control over her body started to be regained, screaming out her suffering was a relief.

Once Dezaia stopped, which didn’t happen for a long while, she remained lying on her back. Staying in this position was easier. The pain itself, she could manage now, it was still there, but tolerable.

But pain was something obvious. It were the uncertainties that scared her. Facing the facts.

The young hybrid had no idea where she was, her only indicator so far being that the sky was blue. In addition, by now she couldn’t help but notice that her field of vision seemed to be down by 50%, but that was one of those uncertainties she didn’t want to face.

And so, she remained lying on the ground, not moving an inch, not when the sun vanished behind the horizon, not when clouds blacked out the stars and raindrops pelted her skin. Only after the sun had arisen anew did she finally find the strength to move.

Sitting upright, she took in her surroundings. Right away, she had no idea where she was. As far as the (literal) eye could see, there was no grass, no trees to be found. Instead, it was all rocks. Many rocks, stapled far and wide, low and high. Actually, she herself seemed to be far up. Could this be the… mountains people in her old village (seasons preserve her, she didn’t even know the name of her past home anymore!) had sometimes talked about?

Mountains or not, she should better go down, there was nothing to be found up here.

Then she looked down at her feet.
    The circle of scorched rock she had laid in before was the less troubling part. What concerned her most was that the shoes she was wearing were not any she had ever seen before. During her life with Nebuzia, she had become very careful when it came to her appearance, inconsistent as it was.

Fighting down her panic, she hastily examined her body What she found was both a relief and a concern at the same time.

As far as she could tell without any reflective surface nearby, she was still human, and Horonian at that, though her body seemed a bit more mature than before the transformation. She was also fully clothed, in a black outfit adorned by red stripes, which left her arms free and came with two red stripes of silk, one being wrapped around her hips like a belt to hold her outfit together, the other like a scarf around her throat.
    On her left forearm, she wore some sort of armour, which in itself looked a bit out of place on her otherwise unarmoured body.
    What forced her to face reality was an eyepatch over where her right one had been.
    Finally, on her belt hung a strange, black blade from which she couldn’t quite tell if it was a particularly long dagger or a short sword.

And most concerning of all, while it was possible to move the outfit enough to make small adjustments for comfort, she couldn’t get it off her body! Similarly, as she tried to throw away the weapon due to It’s likely origin, it remained glued toher palm. But getting it out of her hand when she just wanted to hang it back on the belt, THAT worked.

For a moment Dezaia considered the good sides of a panic attack, but then she just let out some hoarse laughter instead.

So, it continued. She didn’t know what had happened, but as far as her mental health was concerned, the people form the mansion had managed to kill that monster which claimed motherhood over her, and all was better for it. Oh yes, that was what had happened!
    But still, even from the grave Nebuzia tormented her, even if she didn’t know yet how exactly.

Well, if there was ever a moment to seek comfort in the bright side of things: She had clothes on her back, better than nothing. She was FAR away from places she would rather forget, even though that was impossible. She had a weapon. And abilities. Both which were tainted and she had no idea how to properly use, but she could learn. She WOULD learn. There was still a family matter she had to take care of.

With these determined thoughts, the hybrid started to climb down the mountain, drowning out the haughty, yet tired laughter resonating inside her head.

Not the End
    Last edited by gaiachild; June 01, 2014 at 11:59 AM.

Legato

Upon activating his lantern, he found that the source of Onirix's energy was not too far away. "It seems that Nebuzia put Onirix somewhere in Horon."

After a few days travel he reached Horon. He followed the energies to a house where he found the shattered pieces of a Sheikah golem, and the corpses of some would-be assassins. The trail then led out of town, Legato followed the road west, till finally he found the mage. He was asleep on the back of his horse as it slowly trotted westward. "It seems his battle with the golem tired him, but why does he reek of Gerudo perfume?" Legato thought as he floated along side the horse.

Onirix

At some point on that lonesome road westward, the black void of unconsciousness gave way to the grandiose sights of Hyrule Castle's throne room. There, Onirix sat, upon the great throne that he had earned through a hundred years of fighting. Battle was all that he had ever known, but with Majora dead and the Sheikah brought to their knees, the hope of peace finally seemed to be within reach. Now, Onirix could enjoy the simple pleasures of being a husband and a father, in wedded bliss alongside his queen Zelda...

"It's good that its finally all over. Now we can build a family together, right my love?" Onirix asked as he turned towards the queen's throne.

What he found was somewhat unexpected. Beside him sat not one, but two Zelda's. One was blonde, the other brunette.

Uh...which color was my wife's hair again?

Both women, identical save for the hair, greeted the king with a smile.

"Of course, dear," they both replied.

Now Onirix remembered. Both Zelda's turned to ash and blew away like dust on the wind as the mage rested his face in his palm. It was all just a dream. As the castle itself disintegrated, a new voice could be heard.

"Welcome back, Onirix! Oh, why so sad? Did something happen?"

The castle was gone now, and Onirix was on a floating platform, one of many in the great nebulous space that was his mind. The Deity avatar stood on a nearby platform, smiling his typical wicked grin.

"You know what happened. Layla died, and now I can't even get lost in my delusions long enough to forget about it."

"Bah! You don't need her! Monogamy is highly overrated. You can't be tied down to one woman! You're as free as dust on the solar wind!"

"Shut up. It's not about that. The problem is that I couldn't protect her."

"She had a rather impressive spear. She should have been able to take care of herself."

"You're missing the point. She died because of me. She got involved with me, tried to protect me, and she ending up paying for it. It's my fault. I got her killed."

"Oh come now, who could have possibly seen that coming?"

"Actually, I did!"

"Oh great, there's two of you?"

Sure enough, a second man, a taller avatar of the Deity had appeared amongst the platforms.

"Well...actually..."

"Hey Onirix, over here!"

"No, up here Onirix! Look at me!"

"Hey, quit hogging the spotlight!"

Onirix facepalmed again. There was a cacophany of voices, coming from all directions. Each voice belonged to another humanoid manifestation of Onigami, each one a different size, each with their own platform. Some towered as high as Darknuts, while others were smaller than Kokiri. Some were jacked, obvious body-builders, while some were portly, the kinds of guys who went to a lot of buffets. What remained the same across each of the strange men was the white hair, blue and red facepaint, and trademark cuirass of the Fierce Deity. To Onirix, however, these men were not fierce, save perhaps in the manner of being fiercely annoying.

"Will all of you just shut up? What are you, anyway?"

At once, the clamor stopped.

"So, wait, I'm confused. You told us to shut up, but then you asked us a question. Are we supposed to reply in sign language?"

General disorder broke out once again as innumerable strange men all attempted to pantomime their responses.

"No, no, no, just...answer the question verbally. Only one of you do it though!"

There was a moment of silence, a number of nods and confused shrugs and then an incredibly loud simultaneous throat clearing.

"All right. You already know what we are. We're servants of the Fierce Deity, like you!"

"But why would Onigami send so many of you? And why are you all idiots?"

"Hey!"

"I resent that."

"Not cool."

"I don't know if you can see it, but rest assured that I'm mooning you right now."

"Shut up and answer the question!"

"Again with the conflicting instructions!"

"Just do it!"

"Fine! Okay, to be honest, we don't actually know. We just kinda woke up here one day. We looked through your memories and made educated guesses based off of that."

"...so you've never even spoken to Onigami."

"Nope! But we saw how you revered him as a child and wanted to be just like him! So...we thought we'd help guide you along! That's why we're here, right guys? I mean, why else would we exist?"

"Yup."

"Hear, hear."

"No other explanation makes any sense."

"We're like angels, except inside your head! Yay!"

Onirix slumped deeper into his chair. This was ridiculous, yet strangely logical. The voices in his head all made sense now. The Deity wasn't playing some twisted game with him. His insane commands, his pointless comments on Onirix' progress, his confusing sudden interest in mortal affairs were all just a lie. The voices in his head were just deluded simpletons. They were even more insane than their host!

"You people are more insane than me!"

"Are we, Onirix? Or *ARE WE ONIRIX*? Who is the greater fool, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

"Stop trying to debate philosophy with me! You're probably not even real! Why do I bother talking to you?"

"Because maybe we're a metaphor for your inner struggle of finding an identity brought about by your tortured youth, bouts of blood rage, unpredictable powers, and mixed heritage?"

One of the smaller Onigami clones suddenly floated by Onirix on his back as if he were in an invisible lazy river.

"Wee, I'm a metaphor!"

"I hate you. I hate all of you."

"Then you hate yourself."

"Stop trying to pyschoanalyze me."

"No, I meant that literally. If we're not angels, then we're you, just different pieces and parts of you. That's the only other explanation that makes any sense. Why else would we be up here?"

"Yup."

"Makes sense to me."

"Can I still be a metaphor?"

"You can be whatever you want, little Onirix, so long as you never open the Door of Infinite Despair."

"Wait, the door of what now?"

Onirix looked up from his palm and scanned the infinite expanse of his mind. To his left, past a bunch of clones, was a single door, oddly placed due to the fact that there was no structure for it to be attached to.

"What's that door?"

"That would be the Door of Infinite Despair. It's bad. Don't open it. Bad things are in there."

"But there's nothing on the other side but more air..."

"This is your mind. Silly things like physics, conservation of mass, space, and time don't mean anything here. We're better than that."

"Is it a way out? I'm tired of this place."

"Eh, more like a way into a horrible place of endless torment and nightmares. You really shouldn't open that door."

"What are you jerks hiding from me in there? I'm going in."

"Oh, Nayru, please don't."

Despite the repeated warnings of everyone in his head, Onirix floated on over to the door. As he neared it, he heard faint music coming from the other side. Determined to see whatever was hidden in the depths of his own mind, Onirix gripped the door handle and flung it open. What he unleashed was something horrible, something he never could have prepared himself for...

"We warned you..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh7lp9umG2I
    Last edited by Brihentin13; May 28, 2014 at 12:08 PM.

Free Kekistan

Xantear

He watched as the villa was eradicated by the massive energy discharge marking the death of Nebuzia. He even had to shield himself from a part of it, it was rather impressive for a death really. He did sense one last spell, and could feel the faint traces of teleportaion. However the energy discharge masked some of it, if one cared enough one could track the general location each one had gone to. However, he would not know which trail belonged to whom. Not that it mattered in the end as he had no desire to follow any of them. He floated down amongst the wreckage. Strolling through the creator of burnt wood and broken stone. How many lives had not been saved by that last spell? There had been many others still inside. The group of fairies, he sensed earlier, all dead. It was a sad fate, out of all the creatures that lived in this world, fairies were among the races that Xantear rather enjoyed.

Something caught his attention, though, and it was not the large hit squad of fairies showing up fashionably late. But rather a sword. It did not have a scratch on it, quite the mystery really. But it oozed magic, and not the friendly sunshine and rainbows kind you would find among a fairies possession, or that have pain and torture of a dark fairy. This was just... Dark for the lack of a better word. Something interesting for sure though. Well, at least he was not leaving empty handed. With a wave of his hand, he sent the sword and the gemstone full of Nebuzia essence off to his home. He floated up and out of the way as the fairies started their busy work.

"A little late the the party ain'tcha?" He said idly, hovering a few feet away, his hands folded into a non-aggressive posture.
    Leon-(Died in battle)Zaven-(Vanished into the shadow temple)Xantear-west Rintaro-East

Great Fairy Expedition

"Yes, unfortunately," Velshi answered, hovering closer to Xantear. "A shame that our wayward kin know how to hide themselves from us, even while making themselves obvious to the mortals they are trying to attract it would seem. And what of you, Twili? Did you bear witness to what happened here? Is Nebuzia truly dead?"

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

Onirix

Ten hours later, Onirix finally escaped the man in the loincloth and the blue stalfos and their insane musical. Exiting the great forest that he had somehow entered by opening the Door of Infinite Despair, he found himself on a great rolling plain, near several buildings typical of an Ordonian farm. It was night time, but the darkness was illuminated by the shining full moon. The mage was alone, save for a single child in the distance. This child, a girl apparently, was singing something, though Onirix couldn't make out the tune from his current position, as she was quite a ways off. Onirix, lost and confused, attempted to make contact with the girl.

"I say hey! What's going on?" he yelled, promptly facepalming at the realization of what he had just said. "I mean, hello! Little girl? Hello! Can you hear me?"

The girl didn't move or stop singing her incomprehensible song, so apparently the answer to his question was "no". Curious as to where in Termina he was, Onirix walked towards the girl, calling out to her as he went. The girl never seemed to notice, so Onirix just kept on walking closer and closer. After a certain point, the girl stopped singing, though she never turned around. Finally, Onirix reached her and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Excuse me miss, I'm lost and was wondering if you could point me towards...DEMISE'S TOENAILS! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR FACE?"

The girl had turned, revealing her face to be horribly contorted and misshapen. The horrors that Onirix beheld can scarcely be recounted with words and are better expressed in picture form.

The horrible banshee opened her mouth and began her unholy song anew.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ednKK8GlvwI

Onirix screamed in panic and set the girl on fire, but she just began chasing him while ablaze. Onirix ran as fast as he could, but the girl kept pace and just kept singing, skipping in tune with the malicious beat. To Onirix's dismay, more copies of the girl emerged from the treeline and added their voices to the unholy singing. As Onirix booked it across the southern plains, he noticed the ground rumbling as the moon itself started to descend, its typical craters replaced by the same horrible face of the demons chasing him.

This persisted for another ten hours until the moon itself crashed down, the world exploded, and Onirix woke from his nightmares screaming. He grabbed Legato by his collar and shook him violently, the mad look in his eyes trying to express what his voice could not, because it was too busy screaming. Upon letting go of Legato, Onirix jumped off of his horse, still screaming, and set himself on fire before running around the woods in circles with his hands in the air. This persisted for several minutes until Jesse mule kicked him in the face with her hind legs, knocking him back out and causing the magical flames to stop. Content that her master had finally shut up again, Jesse gave a nod towards Legato before sitting down to rest by Onirix's side and taking a nap for herself.

Onirix, now suffering from a minor concussion, finally enjoyed some dreamless sleep, his unconscious body resting slumped against a tree not too far from a familiar bridge, where the corpses of three bandits still rested, though their bones had been picked clean by the carrion birds in the time since Onirix had killed them. There upon the bridge lay a chilling reminder of what Onirix was capable of when his madness manifested itself less hilariously.

"THIS IS THE FATE OF THIEVES
    " still read the message, scrawled in the crimson blood of the three dead men, petty bandits unlucky enough to run into a maniac with a flair for the dramatic. It was an odd scene to be sure, for while the unmistakable aura of Onirix's chaotic magic hung over the bridge like a thick fog, to look upon the man himself was to see not a hardened killer, but an idiot with a concussion.

Free Kekistan

Legato

Legato stared at Onirix's knocked out drooling face. "The fool was knocked out by his own horse. Is he truly the one to free the Stalfos?" Legato played an old Deku magic sonata to wake the mage. "We need to move out of these lands and onward to Hyrule, I know you are tired but we must keep moving."

Onirix

"What the..."

The mage awoke confused, but grateful.

"Oh, thank the Deity, its just a ghost. Legato, I'm glad that you're okay. You're going to Hyrule as well? I have business there. I'm going to wipe out the Sheikah. I know that I'm on a suicide mission. I get it if you're not so keen to return to the Shadow Temple but..."

Onirix attempted to hide his face as he mounted his horse, uncomfortable displaying the pain of his recent memories.

"..But I've learned recently that I can't run away from this problem any longer."

Free Kekistan

Default Re: Arc 5 (Great Sea) -- Undergoing Setup

Announcement:

The Eastern Arc has, as of this time, been merged with the Western Arc to form the "Continental" Arc. This thread is to be considered closed until an edit to this message authorizes the commencement of the new "Great Sea" Arc.