Thread: Is this a crash or...?

Default Is this a crash or...?

I've recently been having a spate of BSOD events, and they've usually been triggered during playing Skyrim. This evening, Empire seems to have...done something. It hung the whole system while I was at the pre-battle deployment screen, but it didn't cause a BSOD itself (no...I rebooted into safe mode, and as the list of drivers loaded, THEN it had a BSOD!). I'd actually left the screen for 15-20 minutes as I have done before. I'm using Darthmod Empire 8.0 (as I have been for months).

I'd attach the dump file if anyone can read it, as I'm not sure if this is an application crash, but it's an invalid file type for attachment it appears (would it not have simply crashed to Windows instead?).

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Is this a crash or...?

What is the error message in the BSOD?

The BSOD event I did get in booting during safe mode was DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL, 0x000000c5, paramater 1 being 00000000`00000080. Empire itself seems to have caused the system to hang. It is probably wise to assume it is part of the same issue, just without a BSOD event for Empire on this occasion (it's no good if the whole system hangs, though). Maybe if I'd waited a little while longer the computer would have performed a dump and provided information, maybe not.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Your BSOD can be deadly for your computer. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx

Take care of it first.