Thread: Problems with mods

Default Problems with mods

Hi all, a good evening to you all to begin with.

So recently i decided to play ETW again, everything went fine (although some annoying 2d sprites/blobs as units as i zoomed out) and i even finished a short campaign as france.
    Then i felt the urge to play with mods, so i searched some on the forums and found the ACW mod, sounded interesting so i dled it.
    So after downloading i installed it to my game directory and i tried to start it up, but after a black screen for about 2 seconds it returned to my desktop and it said 'Empire : total war has stopped working'
    so i redownloaded steam and ETW, and installed it again, still no luck, so i though a **** it ill just wait for a future patch.
    After watching some youtube videos today i found the mod Empire : Total factions, i dled it, installed it and again the ETW stopped working window after a 2 sec blackscreen.

I did everything i found to fix this but i havent got around fixing it yet, has anyone got this experience too, or knows how to fix this could you please help me out because the game gets a bit
    boring after a few campaigns as the main countrys and i would really really like to get to play some mods.

Thanks in advance

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Problems with mods

Put the right entries in the users script?

Default Re: Problems with mods

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Put the right entries in the users script?
    if i am right, total factions should do that by itself when you start the .exe, i checked my user script but nothing was in it, but i dont see any packs in the mod folder that i could put in the users script, so i dont know.
    ACW did it by itself but it still didnt start without stopping to respond.

Still thanks for the contribution ^^