Thread: Help for Greece Campaign

Default Help for Greece Campaign

I need Help with the Macs....Soo as game starts the first two or three turns...There send stack after stack of unit how do I beat them so I can conquer Greece...were tired of these Macs...Somebody please help me. What do i do find a faction to help or just my men is good enough but I highly doubt that cause I don't have stacks of armies....Please some tips please

Default Re: Help for Greece Campaign

PLEASEEE

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Start by gathering all the forces available to you, including mercs, and immediately attacking Corinth. I usually attack from the east, which results in being attacked by a bit less than a full stack of Macs on the AI turn. You have to win this battle decisively and take Corinth.

After Corinth you might need to send a couple of units for retraining, but otherwise move your entire for to Thebes, lay siege, and take the city as quickly as you can. After Thebes you can pause for a bit if you want to. If you want to take a couple of turns to retrain or recruit then build a fort just north of Thebes to hold the Macs back. But don't wait too long. Move on as quickly as you can to capture Larrissa and Pella.

ok what should I focus on in each city

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

If you mean construction, then focus on economic stuff early, especially ports.

I agree

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

Here's my alternative way of playing the Greeks:

Firstly, I disband ALL of my units and demolish all the buildings in all my settlements except for the Island of Crete, which I also make the Capital. I send my diplomat everywhere to make trade agreements. Then, over time, I build Crete into a huge city, with a Temple of Nike - for the unit bonuses. I don't build any units, except for the occasional boat which I fill with unwanted family members and send them to their doom against the Macedonians.

Generally, I keep two family members as governors for Crete, keeping one in the city and the other 'in the field', which I rotate every two turns which builds them up as damned good administrators quite quickly.

Once the city is maxed out with buildings, I save my cash for 40-50 turns and then set about building my armies, one full stack and two half stacks. When the full stack is built I invade Rhodes and take it in the same turn, don't linger with a siege or a large army of defenders will appear. I start building in Rhodes and send my stack to be repaired, as soon as I have the other two half stack armies I invade and conquer Sicily in a single turn, then start marching towards Rome, burning every city to the ground...which is as far as I have got, but it is all looking good, and, after the intial tedium of turtling, is much fun indeed!

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi