Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spartacus! And the hype it brings to the Rome II setting!

Default Spartacus! And the hype it brings to the Rome II setting!

For those of you that do not know there is a very popular show airing right now called Spartacus. They are currently one of the most popular shows in the world right now, in the league of Games of Thrones, The Walking dead and Breaking bad.
    With a show like this airing it brings a lot of attention and interests to the Roman era in particular the time around Spartacus. We can assume one thing from this whole situation and that is that Rome II will sell more because of the Spartacus series.

Questions is how much more?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dan-Feuerriegel-Agron-Dustin-Clare-Gannicus-Liam-McIntyre-SpartacusManu-Bennett-Crixus.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	549.2 KB 
ID:	267705

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Default Re: Spartacus! And the hype it brings to the Rome II setting!

Just Introductionary. Just Like The Last samurai To FoTS.

Once you read and study for real into the topics, you'll laugh at at it.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    For those of you that do not know there is a very popular show airing right now called Spartacus. They are currently one of the most popular shows in the world right now, in the league of Games of Thrones, The Walking dead and Breaking bad.
    With a show like this airing it brings a lot of attention and interests to the Roman era in particular the time around Spartacus. We can assume one thing from this whole situation and that is that Rome II will sell more because of the Spartacus series.

Questions is how much more?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dan-Feuerriegel-Agron-Dustin-Clare-Gannicus-Liam-McIntyre-SpartacusManu-Bennett-Crixus.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	549.2 KB 
ID:	267705
    I love Spartacus , but they got more inspiration from the 300 Movie than real history .... though is nice that they follow with a certain degrees the real events ...
    Anyway you have orgot Homeland ... one supreprized new series ....

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Maiden_Ante's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post

You're very right! Whilst I do regard The Last Samurai to be a good movie, historically it's very incorrect. It did get me interested in Japanese history though, and I have since seen Seven Samurai... I imagine the Rome/Spartacus series is much the same. I'm going at this game with more of a historical knowledge than just 'fiction' one, though. I really do hope the slave uprising is included as an event or perhaps a future DLC-campaign.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden_Ante View Post
    I imagine the Rome/Spartacus series is much the same. I'm going at this game with more of a historical knowledge than just 'fiction' one, though. I really do hope the slave uprising is included as an event or perhaps a future DLC-campaign.
    There's a dedicated thread in the arts forum for Spartacus..

I agree on the DLC of a Spartacus campaign. I've always thought CA missed some obvious chances to pry coin from eager fist with provincial campaigns.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post

I agree on the DLC of a Spartacus campaign. I've always thought CA missed some obvious chances to pry coin from eager fist with provincial campaigns.
    I have seen the true intent of hidden words...

Have I done it right?

magpie's Avatar Artifex

I do like the series for its gritty action and I would expect CA to take benefit from its popularity.
    Thrace and Spartacus should be in the game.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wothan View Post
    I have seen the true intent of hidden words...

Have I done it right?
    I have seen intent of hidden words... No 'the'

I would not consider a trailer focusing on Spartacus, with the sole intent to draw a wider audience a shamefur move. CA take advantage of the Spartacus hype.

That is a 10 year old movie, not a top tier currently active, in its prime TV-show. And i do consider the last samurai to have helped sales, so just imagine how much Spartacus will.

This is about the effect Spartacus will have on Rome II, not so much about the content of its show so it is in the correct place.

I do like the series for its gritty action and I would expect CA to take benefit from its popularity.
    Me too and sometimes i feel like Rome II is using much of the same raw gold and dark shade.

if CA use Spartacus's logic in the game , Rome 2 will be next best game of the year
    spartacus's logic : F*uck a little .... go to war .... kill.... ***** some more ....kill.....F again ....kill again
    + GTA logic is very close to Spartacus logic and as long as gta win's GOY award's and spartacus is becoming most watched series...emmmmm... i think the method is working ....USE IT CA

( excuse my language but i thought as long as we are talking about spartacus people here shouldnt have any problem with it )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    This is about the effect Spartacus will have on Rome II, not so much about the content of its show so it is in the correct place.
    I didn't say it was in the wrong place. Just mentioning the existence of the Spartacus thread on the off chance you didn't know about it.

I find it allways funny when mothertongue americans try to talk German in a Series. The Germans in Spartacus are simply ridiculous. 1. They would clearly not have spoken modern german, but what they speak in the series is only really broken modern german. In this case i prefer Alexanders Skarsgard who speaks Norse in his Viking parts.

The Series in entertaining but i prefer Rome over Spartacus. They also made things wrong in Rome, but much less than in Spartacus, which has no intention in this direction.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Serkelet's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    I find it allways funny when mothertongue americans try to talk German in a Series. The Germans in Spartacus are simply ridiculous. 1. They would clearly not have spoken modern german, but what they speak in the series is only really broken modern german. In this case i prefer Alexanders Skarsgard who speaks Norse in his Viking parts.

The Series in entertaining but i prefer Rome over Spartacus. They also made things wrong in Rome, but much less than in Spartacus, which has no intention in this direction.
    Well, in Rome they would clearly not have spoken English either, my friend, yet they seem to be commiting this ludicruous Historical inaccuracy all over the show :O.

And I am far from a supporter of Spartacus... I feel the show is very superficial and banal.

Quote Originally Posted by Serkelet View Post
    Well, in Rome they would clearly not have spoken English either, my friend, yet they seem to be commiting this ludicruous Historical inaccuracy all over the show :O.
    Offcourse not. But my point was if they use modern languages, they should use people which actually speak them. If they need a native speaker in HBO Shows than they actually use them.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Serkelet's Avatar Ordinarius

Offcourse not. But my point was if they use modern languages, they should use people which actually speak them. If they need a native speaker in HBO Shows than they actually use them.
    You are asking too much from American producers . They could still hire Arney, though!

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Alexander Skarsgaard speaks modern day Swedish in True Blood, Even though the character is supposed to be from Trondheim, lol.

Anyway HBO's ROME is a lot more accurate depiction of Roman society, but on the other hand, Spartacus meets Rome 2's timeline a lot better and have far more actual battles than ROME ever had. One of the great things about Spartacus is that they don't take shortcuts. HBO's ROME only really had two battles in its entire run, although the Battle of Philippi was awesome.

That said, the historical documentary about Spartacus is probably the most accurate clue towards the period, just not as much fun :
    Last edited by Påsan; February 23, 2013 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Season 1 and 2 were nice, and i agree with Thrace and Spartacus added to the game.

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Alexander Skarsgaard speaks modern day Swedish in True Blood, Even though the character is supposed to be from Trondheim, lol.
    ehhh, he is supposed to be "Norwegian" ? lol, i had no idea.. Yes, he speaks normal Swedish, and the others who also speak "Norse" in the series speaks Swedish with a variety of accents, from fairly good to "this must be an American who got thrown a few lines of foreign language to speak out loud". Sort of like the 13th warrior
    "I will say it again, there are no bugs in this game. No melee bug, no formation bug, no suicidal general bug, nothing."

M2TWRocks, when speaking of N:TW (Source)

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post

Quite true, although I didn't like that show right from the start.

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Anyway HBO's ROME is a lot more accurate depiction of Roman society, but on the other hand, Spartacus meets Rome 2's timeline a lot better and have far more actual battles than ROME ever had. One of the great things about Spartacus is that they don't take shortcuts. HBO's ROME only really had two battles in its entire run, although the Battle of Philippi was awesome.
    Despite the shortcuts, HBO Rome was too expensive to produce, therefore they only made two seasons. Season 2 also depicts a lot of events with many years apart due to an attempt to get the Octavian/Augustus versus Mark Anthony to its conclusion.

Spartacus... Hate it, it's another good reason to stay away from MP in R2 due to the influx of Spartacus fanbois.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast