View Poll Results: First Full Preview of a Faction...who should it be?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Ildiri Kingdoms of Heron and Swan

13 38.24%
  • The Eastern Marches of the Empire

21 61.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Faction Preview Choice

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Default Full Faction Preview Choice

Hi. Someone will get a full factions Preveiw together whilst we work on the other couple of things that are important like that. Not sure who it'll be yet...

Anyway, you have a choice as to which is previewed in full first. Only two options, but they're good enough choices. SO, vote on either the Ildiri High Elves on one hand or the Eastern Marches of the Empire.

This will be their role in the MAIN campaign, not the mini one we're doing.

Either should contain:

ALL units made for them in detail. Possibly also a base description of each unit's abilities or strengths etc. Depends on time and who does it.

Full maps shown ingame and a 2d map

Unit descriptions text, possibly unit selection pics

Any relevant text within reason, hopefully including the text for selection for campaign

Starting Generals

Possibly Naval Details

Maybe more; have to discuss it with the person who does it.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Full Faction Preview Choice

tough choice... choose the empire not because i don't like the Ildiri but because i love the angelbloods and stuff

Personally I'd rather see the Ildiri having a full preview as I think we've released more info and stuff for the Empire, but I guess this is more up to the public really as I can see all of the stuff in the dev forum .

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    as I can see all of the stuff in the dev forum .
    get me the big stick with pointy nails and broken glass

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Id like to see the Eastern Empire.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I choose the eastern empire, but id be happy with either getting a preview.

Namorath's Avatar Libertus

I choose the eastern empire ... seems like their political situation is a mess in other previews I have read, so it would be good to have some background information before I start to play so I can plot their rise to fame and glory beforehand

I'm grateful for anything the team chooses to divulge, but like Kaiser says, I feel as though I've already seen a good deal on the empire and would like to take this chance to see what the pesky elvses are up to.
    What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then? ~ Matrim Cauthon

GaussSoldier's Avatar Tiro

Holding out for the Ildiri.

These elves sound pretty unique from what I read in the Christmas preview. Those Elisti Black Swans are looking pretty dangerous too.
    Last edited by GaussSoldier; February 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM.

HTVfanatic's Avatar Civis

Voted for the Ildiri, because well look at my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    tough choice... choose the empire not because i don't like the Ildiri but because i love the angelbloods and stuff
    There are a few factions that are kind of the solid fantasy base, or kind of 'major' factions. These two are two of them, and either would be good. I almost, now I think properly about it, favour the Empire, as they're less fiddly and are going to be a hard-pressed bunch from the first turn. There's no faction that is sitting on it's laurels and has room to do anything they like, but the East Empire is majorly hectic. Danny's also suggested some changes, which will make naval power more of a concern in the mini-mod. Either's good. Ildiri have more units, variety wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    Personally I'd rather see the Ildiri having a full preview as I think we've released more info and stuff for the Empire, but I guess this is more up to the public really as I can see all of the stuff in the dev forum .
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Evalation View Post
    Id like to see the Eastern Empire.
    Good....even if the EMpire is the first, I dare say the Ildiri will follow reasonably quickly. As in not two months, but well under that....

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the cat View Post
    I choose the eastern empire, but id be happy with either getting a preview.
    Yup. I should have got two more opposed factions in I guess, so that you sit on the picnic table of only one, but the two are two favourites of mine

Quote Originally Posted by Namorath View Post
    I choose the eastern empire ... seems like their political situation is a mess in other previews I have read, so it would be good to have some background information before I start to play so I can plot their rise to fame and glory beforehand
    Yes, the EMpire is stretched and will take some careful planning and organisation to do well with them. Surviving and then expanding will be 'interesting'....they are very cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by deusvult6 View Post
    I'm grateful for anything the team chooses to divulge, but like Kaiser says, I feel as though I've already seen a good deal on the empire and would like to take this chance to see what the pesky elvses are up to.
    Looks like you'll get your wish They're a funny bunch really, and the split across two continents will not be case of just combining the two into a big power, as they'll both have separate and distinct problems that should prevent them simply linking up early and beating stuff up on a roll to great glory.

Quote Originally Posted by GaussSoldier View Post
    Holding out for the Ildiri.
    Seems to be working

These elves sound pretty unique from what I read in the Christmas preview. Those Elisti Black Swans are looking pretty dangerous too.

They're great...the black swans are one of the best units they have, and will be very strong, hard to get rid of too.

Quote Originally Posted by HTVfanatic View Post
    Voted for the Ildiri, because well look at my sig.
    Yep! Whatever is previewed will expand and change as the mod progresses too.

I was thinking about the EMpire actually....I would LIKE to update the Ancillian Pitdogs and the Angelbloods before they're properly shown, so they may look a little better by then. Ildiri things have been updated, but they need some extra textual stuff too...so either will have little more work done before you see whichever gets seen.

Shame it's not the Selediri but I can live with that. My vote goes for Ildiri then. Units from this mod are the most astonishing I've seen so far in any mod. I'm so eager to see the rest of your work guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoneo View Post
    Shame it's not the Selediri but I can live with that. My vote goes for Ildiri then. Units from this mod are the most astonishing I've seen so far in any mod. I'm so eager to see the rest of your work guys.
    Ah, well, there's plenty of time for the Selediri. I haven't been here much at all for a bit, which I hope to correct.

Thank you for being kind about the mod

There's a fair bit that needs doing. Getting this mini version done is the best way to achieve the main milestone. Trying to sort the battles, so all three will be good, but that needs some fiddling from me, and I've not been able to. I would imagine that they're reasonably close though.

That is weird....I saw Ildiri in the lead earlier, now they're not....means that we need at least another vote on one, as they're level atm. Certainly if the vote is carried by bed time tonight, I'll call the winner up! After that it's going to move fairly swiftly, so I hope people end up with the best faction preview!!

Good god....I have the deciding vote! East Empire 10....Ildiri 11. The thingy ends now. You CAN vote if you like, just to register interest, but it won't count.

ILDIRI FULL PREVIEW it will be!

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

It was my vote . And Elves win yet again...

Namorath's Avatar Libertus

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! this is a bad omen. if the Eastern Empire cannot beat a bunch of pointy ear girls in a head to head vote there is no hope, no hope at all the empire will survive the coming storm ....

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

My Avatar doesn't look like a pointy ear girl

And when I tested Fires of Undreth, nothing managed to beat them in head-to-head combat

The Ildiri are definitely one of the stronger factions. I'm sure you'll be able to get over them beating the Empire, maybe they'll even become your favourite faction .

By the way, would it be worth ending the poll now? As Squeaks has already announced the Ildiri as the winners, it would be a bit awkward if the vote swings and the Empire end up in front .
    Last edited by Kaiser Leonidas; March 06, 2013 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoGenijalan View Post
    It was my vote . And Elves win yet again...
    YOU'RE not meant to vote! Bad!! Still, it stands sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Namorath View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! this is a bad omen. if the Eastern Empire cannot beat a bunch of pointy ear girls in a head to head vote there is no hope, no hope at all the empire will survive the coming storm ....
    There might be a little hope.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoGenijalan View Post
    My Avatar doesn't look like a pointy ear girl

And when I tested Fires of Undreth, nothing managed to beat them in head-to-head combat
    The 'White Fires' are naughty. The Ildiri are kind of girly, but in a good way...

By the way, would it be worth ending the poll now? As Squeaks has already announced the Ildiri as the winners, it would be a bit awkward if the vote swings and the Empire end up in front .
    Actually, no. I'd like to see who votes what over time, just to see...it's interesting!

Torak's Avatar Libertus

I chose Ilien....
    nah but i would love to have a full preview of the eastern empire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast