Thread: Diplomacy? How do you actually get an enemy to accept peace or become your protectorate?

Default Diplomacy? How do you actually get an enemy to accept peace or become your protectorate?

I would appreciate if someone could provide me some diplomacy tips. It doesn't matter how badly I beat back an enemy, they will never accept a ceasefire or become my protectorate. Are there strategies for getting them to do this more willingly?

Default Re: Diplomacy? How do you actually get an enemy to accept peace or become your protectorate?

It is pretty much impossible, but I've heard it is more likely in easy campaign difficulty.

Default Re: Diplomacy? How do you actually get an enemy to accept peace or become your protectorate?

I heard that in order to get a protectorate you must let your enemy with only one settlement, and it's preferable to be in the sea.
    Then just ask him, if he says no, you must siege and ask again, and do it again and again until you reach the sucess because eventually it will work.

Shame we cant mod these things...
    Interesting Fact?
    Only the emperor or triumphant generals could wear all purple, anybody else doing so would be killed.

Sword, Spear, and Shield Mini Mod Version 2.8

by iLeeT_PeeP

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

My understanding is that you need to have a number of battles with them and beat them soundly, take a few settlements (all either in the same turn or shortly after each other) and offer a huge amount of cash and maybe a settlement back.

I've had protectorates in the past with various mods. The thing to keep in mind is that eventually the protectorate will be broken and the former protectorate will go to war with you. So, you may as well take them down and get 100% of the income from the settlements rather than a portion of them.

Quite often you will both be at war with another faction and a ceasefire will be made. Your protectorate will become an ally of the former enemy and when you go back to war with that enemy the protectorate will be broken and you will be fighitng the former protectorate.

Personally, if I want to have a faction hold off a larger faction I will support them with cash gifts. They won't be you ally but it should give you a delay in order to take on the other faction.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

I never had any success with protectorates from Rome until Empire.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Yesterday as the Iberians (Spain) Carthage asked me to be there protecorate...
    I play on VH/VH...

But it seems on VH/VH its hard to get the enemy to even agree to a ceasefire... I even offered 25000 gold and they wouldnt take it...

Interesting Fact?
    Only the emperor or triumphant generals could wear all purple, anybody else doing so would be killed.

Sword, Spear, and Shield Mini Mod Version 2.8

by iLeeT_PeeP

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

25,000 gold is not that much - offer a lot more than that....

You are aware that VH campaign is supposed to be easier than H campaign?

I've been tld by some people that VH is bugged in that the AI does not get the additional bonus that it should have over H or that the player gets them as well.....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here