19 35.85%
  • Faramir

25 47.17%
  • Cant decide i like both

9 16.98%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boromir or Faramir

Default Boromir or Faramir

Which one do you think is the best. In character, in attributes, in numenorian...nesss

Default Re: Boromir or Faramir

Faramir because in character he was gently and hated war for wars sake. More a man better dedicated for peace though if he had to fight, the men loved him. He did what he could given the situation and finally the blood of numenor ran true in him when he, unlike boromir resisted the call of the ring...

Given the pretext of the question the answer is pretty clearly Faramir. Despite that though I much prefer Boromir as a character. I understand his thoughts and motivations far better, there is something about him that is just more human, than Faramir or Aragorn for that matter. So I voted a personal preference that does not exactly go with the framing of the question.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Refering to the game, Boromir for sure... I hate it when faramir and his bodyguards are running away, when the enemy approaches them. I know this is an ithilien ranger thing, but yet it's annoying. Maybe a few attack and defence points would be great. He's Faramir for Christ's sake. About the character, they both have "daddy issues" so... none!

Quote Originally Posted by avenging angel View Post
    Faramir because in character he was gently and hated war for wars sake. More a man better dedicated for peace though if he had to fight, the men loved him. He did what he could given the situation and finally the blood of numenor ran true in him when he, unlike boromir resisted the call of the ring...
    Agree . He manage to get the balls to resist and send away the One Ring. He has the personality of a Numenorean King of Old.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Faramir is my prefered male character of LotR (the book, that's sad the film destroy his strenght), and he is even not Elf (but he's a ranger..), Galadriel is my prefered female char.
    Maybe for both being strong willed and fair, proved resist to the power of the Ring.
    Last edited by Vifarc; February 23, 2013 at 04:23 AM.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Viscount, Lor'themar Theron View Post
    Agree . He manage to get the balls to resist and send away the One Ring. He has the personality of a Numenorean King of Old.
    Totally agree viscount and you Vifarc. Both have their own strengths. In war, boromir, in peace faramir but overall even though they both had daddy issues, faramir resisted the pull.

and didnt tolkien once say that if any character was like him it was faramir?

Boromir:He ruled....my third fav. Character after sam n aragorn

No i liked boromir too but in regard of numenorian... ness... lol He failed where as faramir succeeded. Perhaps he was lesser then his big bro but in faramir the blood of the numenorians of old ran true..

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post
    Refering to the game, Boromir for sure... I hate it when faramir and his bodyguards are running away, when the enemy approaches them. I know this is an ithilien ranger thing, but yet it's annoying.
    You can turn off skirmish mode

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Boromir was my favourite character. Out of all the big folk in the Fellowship, he is the one that felt the most... real, I could understand his motivations, and he was a great man who made a single mistake and gave his life to pay for it.

I'm a big fan of Faramir too, but Boromir always comes out on top.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The blood of Numenor ran truer (that's not really a word, is it?) in Faramir, but as a character I prefer Boromir because he is more human. Faramir is a stereotypical good guy and I find these types of characters quite boring.

Boromir was human but he was also arrogant. Imagine being faramir. All you life you father says to you that boromir is better then in in everyway... Of course it gives him issues and makes him human too.. lol

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    You can turn off skirmish mode
    Haha yes I know my friend. But it still doesn't make any sense to me. The same stands for Aragorn

In the movies: Boromir
    In the books: Faramir
    In the game: Depends whether I'm in a seige or not

Its funny pistol, but i think you've got something there...

I say Boromir as he's the sort of General you would follow to the end of the world and back which is exactly what you need with the Gondor vs all the evil people war that's going on. Also although Faramir resisted taking the ring you've got to give Boromir credit he certainly made up for trying to take it in defending Merry and Pippin.

Also who would you rather have on your side in a tavern brawl I think that question answers itself

Quote Originally Posted by guardsman96 View Post
    Also who would you rather have on your side in a tavern brawl I think that question answers itself
    i'd have them both watching my back..

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by guardsman96 View Post
    Well considering that Sean Bean dies in everything I'd say Faramir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast