Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: VBulletin 4 Upgrade Thread

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Barackolypse Now
    Artifex Technical Staff

Default Re: VBulletin 4 Upgrade Thread

Earlier today I broke Apache and swapped back to lighttpd, which is actually not piling on load anymore so I am going to leave it running. However I do think I got Apache working with fast-cgi instead of the default config. I tested it on a local box here and it runs, so if lighttpd pukes again I will switch over to apache again and we will see.

I also just made some changes to mysql on thor. I increased the table_cache to 800 as we were maxed out at 128 and when I bumped it to 400 we maxed that out too, and I bumped the max connections from 500 to 1000. Right now we are only using 34 but have a historic max of 500 which was the previous cap. Possibly we hit that during the upgrade and havent hit it since but I will let it run for a couple of days and find out for sure.

Artifex Technical Staff

Apache is fixed if we need to load it up again for some reason. I just tested it but its awfully slow compared to lighttpd.

Artifex Technical Staff

I made a few changes to apc.ini and to 15-fastcgi-php.conf and booted the server. Loads are down a bit.

Artifex Technical Staff

Squid, are you running a task on thor/mysql? I noticed that the load is over 2 on thor for the first time since we moved the site to mjollnir. Its been averaging 5-6 all day and there is a lot more drive activity. If this isnt something you are running, then we are hitting the database a lot more than we have been recently which might be why the site is running a little better. Maybe the bottleneck has been in getting php to send requests from mjollnir to thor, and now they are getting processed faster and getting out.

Artifex Technical Staff

I made some changes to apc.ini, upped the memory limit to 4 gigs.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post in regarding TWC technical behaviour.

I noticed a time difference between my computer and posts in the TWC forums.

Its not large some 2 minutes, Say my computer reads 15:00 hours but the posts are reading 15:02 .

Of course it could be my computer is out of sync or just maybe its the server that,s slightly out ?

I am on GMT time zone.
    Just thought I would bring this up.

regards,

mags

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information