Thread: Loyalty.

Default Loyalty.

Any way to turn this feature off,its getting irritating.having to spend more time shuffling through governors than fighting.

Default Re: Loyalty.

I would also like to know this and/or

Why do generals / family members in the field get severely degraded loyalty?

What strategies are there to minimize loyalty loss / increase loyalty through gameplay?

How do you increase the average loyalty a bit? (by modding)

If i mod the loyalty of traits/ancillaries, do i need to start a new game?

Thanks for your time
    az.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

There are a lot of random factors, but i personally attach a spy, assassin and a diplomat to each legion. As to why, wiki Julius Caesar - I believe loyalty starts to decline after 5 turns in the field. One turn inside a settlement and your good to go again.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Generals in the field will slowly lose loyalty if you leave them there. The trait 'Imperium' explains this, and the fact that they need to spend a turn in a Roman settlement to restore their 'Imperium'....which was the right to command given by the Senate.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Okay -- thanks for that tip on loyalty.

Any other factors influencing it? Distance from capital is one, right?

thanks for any input.

Im having a problem in my current campaign. My governors are loosing loyalty like crazy. I think i have about 5 good governors with loyalty above 4 and the rest are 3 or below. How do i regain their loyalty?
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

I also need these same answers.

give_trait this Loyal 3

Problem solved?

For me it was my leader who became, cruel, hated by the people, hated by his troops. And he stayed in a town for a very long time.

I play celtiberian, I don't know how I can up the management of my FMs, they suck in economy, but they are almost all honest with some inlfuence and my battle generals are good.
    And they are all harsh, or have the harsh ruler trait, and I don't tax my ppl too much : medium taxes for the town with a FM in it, high taxes where there is no FM.
    And they are not so good, even if I have some FM with a road builder with them.

I play in version 2 or 2.1 so if there is any difference with the 2.5, cos in that version my FMs become dishonest and depressed in 10 turns... still with average taxes...

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Generals in the field will slowly lose loyalty if you leave them there. The trait 'Imperium' explains this, and the fact that they need to spend a turn in a Roman settlement to restore their 'Imperium'....which was the right to command given by the Senate.

Does a client state also reset loyalty? Or must the settlement have the oppidium tree constructed?

Quote Originally Posted by FeralBlueBird View Post
    Does a client state also reset loyalty? Or must the settlement have the oppidium tree constructed?
    Any settlement will do - all that's needed is for the General to have 'given up his command' for a turn of 'rest'.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.