Thread: RS 2.5 difficulty

Default RS 2.5 difficulty

Hello,

I have played RS2 for some time, in M/H. So i was wondering about changing the difficulty level and i request your advice for it:

-If i change to Medium battles, enemy morale bonuses will disappear, so can i expect battle to be shorter than in Hard battles? I usually win lots of battle in hard but i didn't like the long time it spends... Maybe i could "compensate" this difficulty reduction by using Alexander shortcut, which is said to have a better battle AI?

-What are the main differences between Medium and Hard campaign? The AI is already agressive in M, but will she be even more agressive in H?

Thanks for your answers (and sorry for my english )

Senator

Default Re: RS 2.5 difficulty

H/H is generally the best difficulty to play on, as it doesn't give the AI too many cheats, but presents enough of a challenge.

You should be using the Alex AI regardless, but battles will still take a long time no matter the difficulty. They're meant to be that way - units have very high defense scores to increase their longetivity.

Just everything you see in M but tuned up another level. The enemy will be aggressive, have more armies, a better economy, and better strategies. On the other hand so will your allies so it leads to more interesting diplomacy.

Thanks you.

So you mean that allies are more reliable in Hard campaign?

tefras14's Avatar Libertus

I don't know about the allies thing. I have been playing RTW and many of its mods for a long time and there is nothing more retarded than friendly AI

I agree with your, if your "retarded" means "despicable, traitorious"! Eventually no modding team ever managed to fix this cause it's "hardcoded on the .exe", lots of people said.

Yeah, it's nothing comparable with Stainless Steel (Medieval II famous mod) in which there is an AI that is coded to respect alliances, if your relations with them are good.

To go back to the topic, i'll try RS 2 alex.exe in H/M, still in 1-turn, and try to give some feedback here!