Thread: Question about replacing a shield from one texture with another.

Default Question about replacing a shield from one texture with another.

So, I want to replace the shield of the Spartan Promachoi unit from Roma Surrectum with the shield from the regular Spartan Hoplite. I have GIMP 2, but I'm unsure how to actually get the shield from the Hoplite into the Promachoi dds. Can anyone help me?

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

Default Re: Question about replacing a shield from one texture with another.

1st you must be sure booth models have same 3d model shape...round shield or longshield,etc...replacing just texture from one to other wont do nothing...
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Both the Hoplite and the Promachoi have hoplons.

than copy part of texture //shield// from one to another and than assign UWV-s in 3d max or other 3d program
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

you dont need to assign UWV-s if copy-ed part of texture match other one //shield texture exactly over shield texture//...dont forget also to coppy alpha map
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

Is there any way I could get someone to do this for me since I have no experience with image manipulating software?

Upload me both of the files.

I will switch you the shields.

I just need the .tga files.

Here they are. All I really want is the promachoi texture to have the hoplites shield. Don't worry about editing the normal hoplite itself.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

The shields don't have same UVmap for a single texture drop to work, so I may do it if you upload the model as well.
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

Ok, then I can't be of help or Rarity ?

Because I don't know what you just actually said. So this is not the standard procedure ?

Alright, here are the models for the two units.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

Oh nevermind my last post, it was made without sober and was nonsense. Of course a simple texture dropping with photoshop or GIMP would do!

Anyway, here's the edited texture,
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2pkd3z21tdms8da

Original texture belongs to it's respective owner.
    Last edited by Raritу; March 11, 2013 at 09:34 PM.
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat