Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions (0,69)

Default Questions (0,69)

Hi guys, I have some questions:

1. I'm playing my first campaign as Ellyrion. Had one spy but he was killed during mission. Where I can recruit more of them? I've seen all buildings descriptions but it seems there is no spy.

2. Same thing with Ellyrian Lords (on horses). They should be in the last tier stables but I didn't see them in that building description.

3.Why there is no Swormasters of Hoeth for Saphery?

4. What difficulty should I play? I played on medium/medium but it seems too easy. On campaign map nothing happens (enemies and allies sits forever in the their towns/castles) and on battle map enemies attack me one at a time and others just watching.

Sorry for my english. And by the way great mod. I can't even imagine what will be in full version. Keep up the great work guys.

Thanks

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Questions (0,69)

Hi SeaMaster.
    1 and 2) Unfortunately Ellyrion is not able to recruit Spies/Assassins/Horselords due to a bug. I have fixed it and they will be available in the next version.
    3) Swordmasters of Hoeth didn't exist during the Sundering. They came a thousand of years later with the building of the Tower of Hoeth
    4) Try Hard/Hard, usually people find our mod too hard

Don't worry, I'm not English and I usually understand better the non-native people.

2) You can easily fix that by yourself, it's in the export_descr_building. Horse Lords also come without their melee weapon, but to fix that you may just copy and paste in the export_unit_descr.

4) Hard/hard, I usually play that too.

Another question:
    What is the difference between Eagle Claw Thrower, Repeater Thrower and Hawk Talon. I know that Eagle Claw fires single bolt but what are the differences between two others?

Eagle Claw is less effective VS infantry but VERY EFFECTIVE against beasts and giants

Hawk Talon is very effective VS infantry

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Thx TWmadman.
    But what is the difference between Repeater Thrower and Hawk Talon? Are they the same? When should I use one of them and when another?

Repeater Bolt Thrower and Hawk Talon are nearly the same, very powerful anti-infantry siege weapon.

Hawk Talon is a bit stronger but it is used for short range mosty.

you can use any of theses two. but i strongly advice you to have a eagle bolt thrower early on to face daemons and nagarythe. It will be perfect to kill Hydras, Bloodthirsters. Things like that. Give it a try in custom battle and you will see.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Thanks I really appreciate your help.
    Three more questions:

1. How do the Gates of Ulthuan work? I play as Eataine and would like to cross the gates to attack Nagarythe but the gates belong to Ellyrion. Is there any way to cross them without attacking Ellyrion? Because it's the only way for me to attack Nagarythe (going around takes too much time and is pointless). Also Ellyrion doesn't want to give me military access.
    2. From time to time Phoenix King attacks one of my cities and says that I'm a cultist worshipper. It's strange because I have high percentage of Asurian worship and did nothing to provoke him (did't attack other factions except Cultist). The only solution for this is to load the last save and put large army near that city. That prevent him from attacking me and making me a traitor.
    3. How effectively use Yvresses gryphons? I tried them in custom battle and they didn't/can't charge the enemy, just fly to them, land and fighting in melee (by the way they were destroyed by one unit of witch elves). I thought that they should fight like dragons or eagles, killing enemies from the sky or at least charge like powerful cavalry but for me they fight like average infantry unit. What I'm doing wrong?

Sorry for that many questions but I want to fully enjoy your great mod.
    Thx guys for your work and help.

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

1. Bad news, due to game engine limits, you have to go around to passages where there are no forts. Unfortunately moving across a fort (Gate in the game) means military aggression and will be considered as an attack on them. Anyway, try to receive military access by your diplomats, maybe that can help (although I didn't try it yet). Offer money, map information, etc. Or you should wait until the Naggarothi captures the fort, then you can conquer it (and your relations will improve a lot )
    2. There are two reasons for this. First is caused by heretic priests. Those will come to your regions, spreading their religion in your area. Kill them with assassins immediately, or your religion % will drop, and you will be a main target for the Phoenix King (game engine thing, second reason. As a neighbor of a faction, you WILL be their first idea to conquer). Unfortunately your faction leader WILL lose chivalry due to the many assassin missions. Build as many temples and priests as you can, so you can decrease (and quickly recover) the devastation of the heretic (cult worshipper). My experience is that the Phoenix King always attack the neighboring faction which is lower on religion %.
    3. no idea, didn't try them yet.
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Phoenix King does not really care about low piety when attacking other factions. It is just like papal states in mtw2. Any country pope attacks become exxcomunicated.

What is the custom campaign feature for?

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Dicer View Post
    What is the custom campaign feature for?
    I forgot to remove the button

Ahh I see really looking forward to this new campaign you will be releaseing can't wait!! Keep up the great work guys

Hello everyone..I need an advice here.

Currently I am playing Cothique VH/VH now at turn 280.
    I had defeated Nagarythe at turn 273. now I focusing my 3 full stack army (around 5000 elf) marching to the Black Altar of Khaine, the last stronghold of cultist.
    after my army successfully landed to the island, my spy reported that the cultist have 27 full stack army (50 000++ army I think)!!!

In the next single turn, my army got attacked continuously by cultist and I had massacred around 20000 cultist before I got overwhelm by the rest of them.
    I call for retreat by it cost my noble faction heir, Prince Meravan fallen death on this island. Prince Eurithain and Alith Anar managed to escape.

so, I need your opinion how can I defeat this mass of cultist since Black Altar of Khaine is an island, the other Asur prince do not want accross the sea because they fear seasick.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by pojansetan View Post
    Hello everyone..I need an advice here.

Currently I am playing Cothique VH/VH now at turn 280.
    I had defeated Nagarythe at turn 273. now I focusing my 3 full stack army (around 5000 elf) marching to the Black Altar of Khaine, the last stronghold of cultist.
    after my army successfully landed to the island, my spy reported that the cultist have 27 full stack army (50 000++ army I think)!!!

In the next single turn, my army got attacked continuously by cultist and I had massacred around 20000 cultist before I got overwhelm by the rest of them.
    I call for retreat by it cost my noble faction heir, Prince Meravan fallen death on this island. Prince Eurithain and Alith Anar managed to escape.

so, I need your opinion how can I defeat this mass of cultist since Black Altar of Khaine is an island, the other Asur prince do not want accross the sea because they fear seasick.
    Omg, that's the high-end of the mod. Have you tried declaring purges against that settlement? The ai should be able to invade by sea

Thank you for your reply Kolwen.
    This is my picture for my Cothique campaign in year 2722.

It show my 2nd invasion on Black Altar of Khaine. After the landing my new 5 stack elite army (train in Kurnious temple and Nagarythe Warschool), got welcomed by first 20 000 cultist marching against me. Two battle were clashing. In a heroic second battle my 7500 Cothique Warriors + 12 Apprentice of Saphery managed to survived against 11 000 cultist. It was an epic wars that I most enjoyable since I play Total War. But it cost greatly, with Alith Anar and Prince of Cothique dies as well. Luckly, the Cultist stopped their attacked and gave me a rest for the next turn.

I had already call a Purge long before my first invasion started. Only Caledor answer the call maybe because they had Tor Anlec near to Black Altar. The other Elf Kingdom stay silent.

I dont see AI are using ship properly and efficiently. maybe game engine limit? Hmm..what I really can do now is to kill them all!!!

And...are Cultist can get some Hydra as their pet?

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Huh, this is a great ending of the campaign! Just one suggestion: next time use the Print Screen to do screenshots, it will save pictures to your Medieval II/tgas folder. Then convert tga (with photoshop or any free picture converter), and upload the picture. Will result much higher quality.
    Anyway, great game it is! Congratulations, I hope you manage to kill those cultists. Did you try killing its generals with assassins?

and +rep, of course!
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Huh, this is a great ending of the campaign! Just one suggestion: next time use the Print Screen to do screenshots, it will save pictures to your Medieval II/tgas folder. Then convert tga (with photoshop or any free picture converter), and upload the picture. Will result much higher quality.
    I had try to print screen but I cant find any folder name 'tgas'. I create that folder but still the picture not save on it. I also error to get battle save replay.
    Assassin? How can I kill a faction leader with only 5% chance to succeed?

Anyway I have a good news. I won Cothique campaign. This is my third invasion after two previously failure.
    Now Asur children can live in peace forever. Cult of Pleasure are utterly defeated!

Sundering is a great mod!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pojansetan View Post
    I had try to print screen but I cant find any folder name 'tgas'. I create that folder but still the picture not save on it. I also error to get battle save replay.
    Run the mod or kingdoms as an administrator. Without thatthe pictures will be save in the virtual store folder, who is quite complicated to be acceeded. I cannot remenber where exactly. It is in somewhere in the application data folder.

hey guys, i had downloaded the beta version of the sundering .69 and installed it through the correct paths. and every time i try to open the mod, it says that it cannot find kingdoms.exe

any thoughts on how i can fix this and start kicking some elf butt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast