Thread: The "RS2 Campaign Challenge" Thread

Default The "RS2 Campaign Challenge" Thread

Hey everyone. Seeing as how most people on these boards are experienced Total War fans and can easily win the normal campaign objectives on Hard/Hard, I figured I would start up this "Campaign Challenge" thread.

The basic idea is that we, the players of RS2, will define parameters for a campaign, including the difficulty settings. These parameters will outline these things:

1. Faction to be played
    2. Type of campaign (0 turn or 1 turn)
    3. Difficulty
    4. Goals for that faction (unrelated to the game's campaign goals)
    5. How many turns that faction has to achieve that goal

An example would be:

1. Macedon
    2. 1 Turn
    3. VH/VH
    4. With your original settlements, hold out against all foes. You are not allowed to expand your territory.
    5. You must hold out for 50 turns.

or another:

1. Seleucid Empire
    2. 1 Turn
    3. H/H
    4. Conquer Anatolia and eliminate: Pergamon and Pontus
    5. 30 turn limit

The idea behind this is to let the players decide campaign challenges to add some extra difficulty and nail-biting into the experience as we all await Rome 2. I will be the first to volunteer to play one of these player campaign challenges!

The uploading of pictures and progress is encouraged, even if you lose! Losing should happen because the idea is that these challenges should be quite hard! However, refrain from suicide campaigns. Each campaign should be possible, but difficult - even to an experienced player.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: The "RS2 Campaign Challenge" Thread

What about:

1. Seleucid Empire
    2. 1 Turn
    3. VH/VH
    4. Using just the auto-resolve rebuild Alexander's empire.
    5. 100 turn time limit
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie View Post
    What about:

1. Seleucid Empire
    2. 1 Turn
    3. VH/VH
    4. Using just the auto-resolve rebuild Alexander's empire.
    5. 100 turn time limit
    I'll take up that challenge, since I'll probably fail within the first 20 turns . I have a bio test tomorrow so I probably won't start until this weekend.

I might as well start that challenge too, trying to hold the Seleucid Empire together under impossible conditions is always fun
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

If that's the case, I will leave that one to you because I just posted my Seleucid Empire in the Empire's thread and I don't really want to replay the same campaign over.

Well I tried a preliminary and it was a monumental failure. Regardless of how I attempted to expand I was crushed merely because it took several of my armies to match one of theirs (thanks to the auto-resolve) and I still lost twice as many men. Any assault would be lucky to gain a single city before I had to rebuild my entire army which on 1 turn recruitment took a bloody long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie View Post
    Well I tried a preliminary and it was a monumental failure. Regardless of how I attempted to expand I was crushed merely because it took several of my armies to match one of theirs (thanks to the auto-resolve) and I still lost twice as many men. Any assault would be lucky to gain a single city before I had to rebuild my entire army which on 1 turn recruitment took a bloody long time.
    Lol yeah, we need a slightly easier challenge.

I'll give one:

Belgae: Unite Britain and conquer at least 50% of Iberia within 50 turns. H/H

May I suggest that if we do these challenges that they be done in the fomn of a Lets Play.

Also I will take that challenge.

Civis

1. Armenia
    2. 1 Turn
    3. VH/VH
    4. Your lands, Great Arkah must consist of all the terriotories betwix and around the 2 two seas Caspian and Black!(Capture all the coastal settlements of the BLack sea and the Caspian as well as bring the entire Cacuasian under your control. You cannot capture ports that directly lead to the mediterrean except Byzantium and Nicomedia . After you finish conquering the two sea's cast your gaze to Britain....Begin the great Armenian conquest of the British islles and you must capture coastal settlements one in the western mediterrea(before Iberia/Spain after Italy) and one in the Atlantic (before the British ISles) along the way to facilitate resupply and no training or building in these settlements until the last 10 turns and you can only bring 1 full stack army but you're allowed to break the cap with foreign mercenaries. If you capture Carthage,Syracuse or Rome you can sail straight to the British Isles and you get cookies. Also reinforcements are allowed every 5 turns after 21 turns. WHEW! Go forth! Great and venerable Arkah and show the world your might
    5. 125 turns 1 turn. 65 turns 0 turn