Hey everyone. Seeing as how most people on these boards are experienced Total War fans and can easily win the normal campaign objectives on Hard/Hard, I figured I would start up this "Campaign Challenge" thread.
The basic idea is that we, the players of RS2, will define parameters for a campaign, including the difficulty settings. These parameters will outline these things:
1. Faction to be played
2. Type of campaign (0 turn or 1 turn)
4. Goals for that faction (unrelated to the game's campaign goals)
5. How many turns that faction has to achieve that goal
An example would be:
2. 1 Turn
4. With your original settlements, hold out against all foes. You are not allowed to expand your territory.
5. You must hold out for 50 turns.
1. Seleucid Empire
2. 1 Turn
4. Conquer Anatolia and eliminate: Pergamon and Pontus
5. 30 turn limit
The idea behind this is to let the players decide campaign challenges to add some extra difficulty and nail-biting into the experience as we all await Rome 2. I will be the first to volunteer to play one of these player campaign challenges!
The uploading of pictures and progress is encouraged, even if you lose! Losing should happen because the idea is that these challenges should be quite hard! However, refrain from suicide campaigns. Each campaign should be possible, but difficult - even to an experienced player.