Thread: Mod Soundtrack

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Default Mod Soundtrack

I checked around a few threads with mentions here and there but just wanted to get a difinitive answer, there is no way to access any of the mod's music outside just hearing it on the mod correct?

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Mod Soundtrack

I believe Neph's music composer has a Youtube channel, give me a moment.

Score! StygianWhite aka Adam Halpin has also helped out with Sigma. Neph's own account is also worth checking out, as it has soundtracks and other interesting videos!
    Last edited by Mattwensley; February 20, 2013 at 08:13 AM.

Windrider37's Avatar Centenarius

i figured out a way to extract the mods music as MP3 files, but it was annoying and hard.I dunno if i remember how to do it
    My Skype and steam name is Windrider37 on both. I love chatting and playing games if someone would like to do either ^.^

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mattwensley View Post
    I believe Neph's music composer has a Youtube channel, give me a moment.

Score! StygianWhite aka Adam Halpin has also helped out with Sigma. Neph's own account is also worth checking out, as it has soundtracks and other interesting videos!
    As always you have my thanks Matt!

Indeed, thanks Matt, I too have been looking for the songs.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Aww, sadly can't find that upbeat cheerful song that plays (well at least for me) generally when Kokiri are fighting and a march starts.

Saria Praelium?

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Nope even more cheeful . It's tone is similar to Kokiri Forest theme for OoT, that really high pitched cheerful tune range. I'm sure that just some of the music isn't on either channel probably.

EDIT: I'll go through each song on the channels when I have more time later today, maybe I'll find it.

This?

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Already had checked that one, that's their campaign map theme. I haven't found it so I just assume it's not in there. I'm pretty sure it's a march theme of their though because of where I'm always hearing it (when a march theme would normally play in a skirmish/siege assaullt/siege defense).

EDIT: Well i don't know if other factions have this theme play (I generally onnly hear it when I'm playing as the Kokiri), but I checked every song on both channels and none of them are it. Anyway let's all hope for a full soundtrack down the line!
    Last edited by HerofTime; February 20, 2013 at 11:52 PM.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

I have a possible solution! Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data (C:\Program Files (x86)\Sega\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data in the CD installation), and open the file descr_sounds_music. From here, you can see what track is being called when. If you find out exactly what is required for the track to play (close victory, crushing defeat, etc) then you can see what song is being called. Good luck!

Edit: A few minutes ago Neph announced on DeviantArt than StygianWhite is releasing his first album. Check it out!
    Last edited by Mattwensley; February 21, 2013 at 03:56 AM.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Yeah Hyrule in Flames is the only one of the four OSTs played for Kokiri in battle that is on the channels. So, yeah it's just not on there. Is this the only info on this soundtrack release so far?

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Some of the Kokiri music is from the 25th Anniversary soundtrack as placeholders. If it's not from that then this might be the track you're thinking of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgpkU1wS1O4

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Some of the Kokiri music is from the 25th Anniversary soundtrack as placeholders. If it's not from that then this might be the track you're thinking of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgpkU1wS1O4
    Thanks Neph, I actually did find it in the anniversary CD! It's the segment right near the beginning of the Medley. Man, I haven't really listened to this much since I got it, forgot how good these remix tracks where .