Thread: Haitian Revolution mod

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

Icon3 Haitian Revolution mod

what's up people. i've seen many proposals around some of them absurd. with all respect. but in real. i'm here to propose a mod about the Haitian Revolution. an historical event that happened during the napoleonic time. and that involved napoleonic armies. for me it's the only campaign missing in it's game. because it's a war of napoleon only without his presence. but under his comand. so my proposal is basic.

1 a map of hispaniola. i know this is impossible now. but i hope one day don't. so when this day come this plan can work. adding frontiers and cities.

2 the factions: another lucky coincidence. exept from haiti. all of them are already in game. france,spain,great britain,polish even the french royalists are in. so wil need only the principal playable faction Haiti. i think that except from haiti,france and spain the others must be emergent. as invasions. i mean appear from the sea and try to invade. and the polish maybe ... forget about them they were mercenaries. better appear as a french unit. so only the british as emergent.

3 the units: in my mind the easiest part. the third lucky coincidence. the uniforms are exactly the same as the french ones from the game itself. so the only addition should be change the faces to black and mulatto in appearence for haitian units. something that i can do when i see a future in this project. and add generals like toussaint and dessalines.

4 agents: yes for haiti i've had a cool idea. instead of a priest they should have a vodoo priest. to take the people back from their masters religion. instead of assassin they shall have a maroon as an agent. and instead of a gentlemen an unit called " intelectual freed men " an educated ex-slave.

5 the rest is the inspiration itself. completing the " Spartacus Dream " first slave rebellion in history to have success. and then develop the haitian republic or empire. so this is my dream that i've wanted to share with you all. for me only thing it's missing in this game. and to show that haiti has a great history and is not only that we see on tv.

see yah.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Default Re: Haitian Revolution mod

Sounds interesting, good luck with this. My first advice is to first make this a battle mod first, with all the different units and such. It is a good start for something like this. To make a new campaign map is impossible with what we have today, mod tools like what we got for S2TW are necessary.