Thread: Share Your Battle Videos/Stories!

Icon14 Share Your Battle Videos/Stories!

A very good suggestion by saamohod:
    Quote Originally Posted by saamohod View Post
    I was wondering if there is a thread containing game replays (e.g. battle replays) for this mod? It would be nice if people posted some playbacks of battles they play PvP as well as PvC, so that others could watch the battles and discuss them, as is the case for some other PC games.
    So, if you have any battle videos (PVP or PVC) please post them here! We can discuss each other's videos, and even if you don't have any videos to post, you can still share your funny/cool/epic battle stories!
    I would love to see what the TATW community is made of

So, that being said, I will start with my video:
    2 Mordor Generals (me) VS. 2000+ Rohan army (AI). I am assaulting their capital, Edoras.
    *Watch in YouTube, I have "Quick Navigation" links in the description so you can skip to the juicy parts
    Battle Difficulty: Very Hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RwdngOuBaA

Army Overview

Mordor Army (Me):
    Witch-King the Mighty (Faction leader - General's bodyguard)
    Ji Indur Dawndeath the Merciless (Faction heir - General's bodyguard)

Rohan Army (AI):
    5 units Eorling Swordsman
    2 units Eorling Axemen
    2 units Riddermark Axemen
    1 unit Eorling Militia
    1 unit Dismounted Royal Guard
    2 units Eorling Archers
    Last edited by ♞Rogue General♞; June 03, 2013 at 11:43 AM.

Default Re: Post Your Battles Here!

Edit: Just tried to fix your YouTube link... while i was doing so, yours started to work, my version failed... bloody internet. Books were good enough in my day! *grumbles*
    Last edited by Loki_999; June 02, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki_999 View Post
    Edit: Just tried to fix your YouTube link... while i was doing so, yours started to work, my version failed... bloody internet. Books were good enough in my day! *grumbles*
    Lol actually I re-edited it to try to make it work, and it did! Thanks though

DrBeast's Avatar Biarchus

I've got a whole bunch of them uploaded, but they're not really representative of the challenge that is TATW since I've tweaked my game quite extensively. Here's just a sample of what a few units with beefed up stats and arrows with area effect can do:

Disclaimer: No Manowar songs were hurt during the making of this video...

The rome-TW track at the start... I just remember how much I liked that track!

Quote Originally Posted by aaSimplicity View Post

So, that being said, I will start with my video: 2 Mordor Generals (me) VS. 2000+ Rohan army (AI). I am assaulting their capital, Edoras.
    *Watch in YouTube, I have "Quick Navigation" links in the description so you can skip to the juicy parts
    Battle Difficulty: Very Hard

Army Overview[/B]

Mordor Army (Me):
    Witch-King the Mighty (Faction leader - General's bodyguard)
    Ji Indur Dawndeath the Merciless (Faction heir - General's bodyguard)

Rohan Army (AI):
    5 units Eorling Swordsman
    2 units Eorling Axemen
    2 units Riddermark Axemen
    1 unit Eorling Militia
    1 unit Dismounted Royal Guard
    2 units Eorling Archers
    Epic Win! A seminar on how Cavalry should be used, if there ever was one

@aaSimplicty - have to agree with Beast here, that was an awesome demonstration of how to use Nazgul. I've had some good battles using them, but nothing quite as heroic as that.

Aw shucks, thanks
    The opposing army lacked a proper general, so that made routing their units a bit easier

Quote Originally Posted by DrBeast View Post
    I've got a whole bunch of them uploaded, but they're not really representative of the challenge that is TATW since I've tweaked my game quite extensively. Here's just a sample of what a few units with beefed up stats and arrows with area effect can do:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Disclaimer: No Manowar songs were hurt during the making of this video...

Nicely done bridge battle! The steady hail of fire-arrows was strangely mesmerizing...
    makes me want to roll an elven faction and hail down death upon my enemies
    Repped for posting an awesome video

Quote Originally Posted by kyfohatl View Post
    The rome-TW track at the start... I just remember how much I liked that track!
    I loved the music in Rome.. I have very high (maybe too high) expectations for Rome II's soundtrack!
    Last edited by ♞Rogue General♞; June 03, 2013 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aaSimplicity View Post
    makes me want to roll an elven faction and hail down death upon my enemies
    Yeah, started a new campaign with the High Elves as soon as I finished my Mordor campaign. I did, however, mostly do away with my beefing up because a) I'm starting to get the hang of the game, and b) HE units are quite powerful, already. The area-of-effect arrows are still there, mind you, albeit to a lesser extent.

a) I'm starting to get the hang of the game,
    Looks at DrBeast's profile. Join date 2006. 524 posts..... is someone a slow learner?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki_999 View Post
    Looks at DrBeast's profile. Join date 2006. 524 posts..... is someone a slow learner?
    Hahahaha! No, I took an extensive break in January 2008, and only recently picked up the game again. Besides, TATW is nothing like Darth Mod M2 - it's a whole other beast!

Yeah, started a new campaign with the High Elves as soon as I finished my Mordor campaign. I did, however, mostly do away with my beefing up because a) I'm starting to get the hang of the game, and b) HE units are quite powerful, already. The area-of-effect arrows are still there, mind you, albeit to a lesser extent.
    Have to admit, I haven't tried playing around with unit stats yet. I'm afraid I might screw something up
    Besides using the Blood N' Guts, I haven't tried any other submods either. Maybe after I finish my current campaign...

Default Re: Share Your Battle Videos/Stories!

Ah, that explains the extra gore. Might check that out, it looks interesting.

I really liked a battle I just fought in my Lorien campaign to take a fortress from Isengard. I'd been sieging Foldburg with Haldir's almost-full stack of elves. The garrison was only about a quarter stack, but I always hate assaulting with archer armies, so I was waiting them out, while keeping an eye on the isengard half stack sitting nearby. Then another isengard general showed up next to the fortress with a full stack. I figured I could win in the field if I had to, but I'd take heavy losses, which I was trying to avoid since I couldn't get reinforcements through (a rebel Treebeard and his ents were blocking the path through Fangorn, and Mordor held the nearby Rohan territories).

So in one of those "crazy idea that just might work" moments, I went for the assault on Foldburg. My 1600ish elf stack vs. a few hundred orcs in the fortress, plus about 4000 more in the two reinforcing armies. I quickly cleared the defenders off the outer walls (about half of them just sat inside the inner gate until the end of the fight) while the reinforcements were still getting on the field, and then raced my own archers onto the walls and my melee behind the outer gate, essentially making myself the defender. Sure enough, the reinforcing armies all tried to run the gauntlet of my archers and then push in the front gate, where my Galadhrim Guards were waiting in shield wall. The infantry held the gate while the 4000+ orcs forced themselves into a giant ball in front of them, and then when my archers ran out of arrows, I sent them back down my ladders to surround the orcs from the outside. The result was the biggest ball of death I've ever seen in TATW as the entire orc blob routed and died with nowhere to run.

After that, I just had to bring my ram back up, take down the inner gate, and wipe out the last handful of the original defenders, who'd sat out the entire fight while their brethren were being slaughtered.

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

i like when you assault a settlement and the units rout but because your troops are so close the gates don't open for them and you just kill them all them orcs.
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

@Wolfeson lol, attacker-turned-defender... must have been an epic battle!

@riuk881 So funny when that happens... and the best part is, they don't even try to run or fight back. They just stand there facing the gate while their buddies are dying all around them

My best battle was Aragorn and a unit of rangers versus over 1500 OOG orcs the odds were 7:20 and in the end I only lost 32 men and killed all the orcs. Got to love Grey Company

It's not quite on the scale of most of the battles in here, but what the hell right ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbd3jLQuz1w

@Salah-ad-deen hah nice! Would have loved to see that battle go down

@Jmonstra cool video, thanks for sharing. Love the commentary by the way. I have to admit I am not well-versed in Third Age lore, but you explain things really well!
    About the battle... while the first wave of orcs were engaged with your infantry, maybe you could have brought your general around the line (thinking left flank) and charged the the backs of those orcs (instead of charging head-on). You might have been able to rout some of them sooner. Unless the reason for that was to stay true to the historical aspect, of course.
    Either way, being so hopelessly outnumbered meant defeat was inevitable (besides numbers, the enemy had the higher ground too). Well fought!

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

Where's Surrealbeliefs? He needs to post something here!
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!