Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Centaure, could you please list what is your options settings, and also what mods beside DMN are you using?

Reason I ask is that colors on your pictures are so live, they look great.
    I have all at max settings but your still looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by pajapatak View Post
    Centaure, could you please list what is your options settings, and also what mods beside DMN are you using?

Reason I ask is that colors on your pictures are so live, they look great.
    I have all at max settings but your still looks better.
    My settings are all set on ultra. The pics are slightly edited so that is why the colours are so good however you can improve your ingame look with the following:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ap-AA-included!

Yes, I have tried that but I did not seen any improvements

you need to enable it during the battle if you don't see any change but trust me it works.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

UPDATE: Artillery calibration tweak so they all unlimber and fire Accuracy not as good-closer to original Darth settings Maps really do affect arty behavior
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:42 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: Tweaked artillery skill and reload rate and infantry ammo amount and infantry mass settings.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:43 PM.

Bran, I have some good news.....I just tried the latest version in my usual test battle and I think you achieved major improvements.
    Here are the positives:

- Cav behavior was excellent I would say smart by faking attacks stopping short engaging an unit just before being in firing range and then picking a new target. When Cav made decision to attack it went in full force and coordinated with several cav units. Then supporting Inf when necessary...great job there
    - Inf was firing 90% of the time no more full melee just firefights everywhere so again great job and major breakthrough.
    - Inf cohesion is still preserved

As for the negatives:
    - Still a lot of shuffling from inf even being engaged by my own inf. However once AI made decision to attack it was good. One positive aspect is that AI stood its ground and didn't try to avoid the fight.
    - Arty firing but taking a long time to unlimber more on that topic below.

I think I have found the bug for the arty not unlimbering as AI does not seem to acknowledge howitzers fire. AI arty only unlimbered when my regular guns opened fire. This bug may go unnoticed as howitzers have a shorter range. In that particular case the howitzers were mounted and therefore got in range well before my regular arty. I don't know if this could also be the reason for the shuffling bug but I will test another battle without Howitzers.
    Last edited by Centaure; March 30, 2013 at 02:31 PM.

Patrician

Good to hear. test and tell me what you discovered about howisters and I will see if I can fix it Tried to fix shuffling with longer spotting ranges. From my tests I saw less shuffling but not completely fixed. This has always been a problem with this game.

i'll play a campaign as spain with your newest setup. Post results after 30-45 turns.. You never got back to me, is it possible to block all trade and starve them into submission or is that not possible with the extra money required for them to keep a navy and build in their cities?
    PC specs:
    I-7 2600K overclocked to 4.4Ghz stable
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
    GTS450 Nvidia

Patrician

Trade is indeed important so yes it is possible if you stop all trade. I have never played that kind of campaign though as I prefer to give the enemy an ass whipping

Well I was GB, and my forces were helping stop the French in Prssia. So I had my navy do a complete 100% block on all trade every port. Six turns later they still managed 5 full stack armies.. They should have been broke..
    PC specs:
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    GTS450 Nvidia

Patrician

UPDATE: Lowered money bonus for AI in campaign difficulty variables to more realistic rate so player can do economic damage to Ai factions all save game compatible.
    Attached Files Attached Files

damnit I wish I saw you just posted this.. Ok well I got 35 turns in as Denmark here's what I noticed.

Good:
    +Land battles are really good. No more suicide cavalry, AI is making a almost perfect mix of cav,inf,arty..
    +Diplomacy is good, if I sign a alliance i have yet to see them break it.
    +Cavalry hit weak points, they move as a line. Really good work

Bad:
    -(this was right before your latest patch) but AI money is pretty brutal. I want enough money for them to build cities+navies, but lordy 30 turns in I see alot of full stack armies (playing with 40 stack)
    - I repeadly see Spain and France block his trade, or go into the port and destroy it. Then Britain will send 1 land unit to kick them out, but then pulls him out again. So docks are fresh for multiple attacks.

Today is easter so I'll start another fresh one with your latest tweak

Good job
    PC specs:
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    GTS450 Nvidia

Won't let me edit. Another pro + Cav hit weak points, and inf march as a line!!
    PC specs:
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    GTS450 Nvidia

Ok 13 turns in, on your new tweaks. Nelson has never left the trade node meanwhile, the French keep raiding his port. :-( I got naval units shadowing him and it's quite sad. GB loses trade every turn
    PC specs:
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    GTS450 Nvidia

I confirm the howitzer bug as I played another battle with regular arty on both sides. AI unlimbered almost immediately and on top of it the shuffling was almost non existent. AI did a good job overall even if there was another small bug. I had 3 skirmisher units hidden in a wood ahead of my line in the center of the map. AI had a tough time coping with these 3 units as it kept 6 inf in the center attacking my skirmishers while the rest of its forces continued the attack on my line. From this point AI inf lost its cohesion and sent its units in a non coordinated way attacking one after the other which resulted in several routs. I reverted to Darth's AI and it had the same issue.

Patrician

UPDATE: Better Naval Repair, Artillery tweaked, Added new trigger events More Naval invasions
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok here are the highlights of the new update:

Cons:
    - Suicidal cav is back
    - AI goes for center and gives up its flanks
    - Inf cohesion is not as good as the previous versions
    - Shuffling is worse than previous version
    - Mass melee is back

Pros:
    - Arty fires right away
    - Cav timing is perfect when supporting inf charge as it makes contact a few seconds before inf

Cannister is firing too high 1 shot out of 2 however it is pretty effective when it is the right shot see pics below:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 31-03-2013 23-10-50.jpg   31-03-2013 23-15-16.jpg  

Patrician

only changed howitser range that is it. nothing else-will change back to orignnal range and see if that does anything

Patrician

UPDATE: Ok lowered range of Howisters and changed mass settings back to original values. See if this fixes the above.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:44 PM.