Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Shuffling behavior infront of enemy lines? I have seen shuffling when Ai is defense and getting attacked by Arty but not when then start a fire fight. DNM 2.65 is broken so going to reinstall 2.6 with some added features for campaign behavior that I am testing. I upped infantry defense against Cav.

Patrician

UPDATE: added more features to technology effects tables (infantry behavior) and reinforcement mod and added new lines to campaign ai behavior junction tables. amphibious attack behavior Raised infantry defense against cav.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:31 PM.

Patrician

Double Post
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:32 PM.

it's all save compatible? right?

Patrician

yes.

Patrician

UPDATE: Added new trigger events-interesting things will happen on the battlefield and campaign
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:32 PM.

Patrician

FOR 40 UNIT SAVE GAMES: The following are modded extra unit packs for 40 Unit save games.
    The rest are too large to upload so what you need to do is mod unit tables and unit stats land- cut upkeep in half and double the unit max limit and add 10 to charge bonus for all cav units-this will match the rest of the modification in the regular DMN unit stats land and unit tables.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 25, 2013 at 09:42 PM.

Patrician

DMN_PDGURU_ALL_UNIT_MOD- To keep line cohesion for BAI you must change the following in Battle Entities for this mod;
    Walk1 = 2
    Run 1 = 4.4
    Walk Acceleration = 1.1
    Run Acceleration = 3
    Deceleration =0.75
    Distance to adopt charge stance = 55
    Distance to pick charge target = 13
    Length of unit in battle = 0.28
    Collision Shape = ellipse
    In Battle Width/ Length = 0.25

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE: Added new trigger events-interesting things will happen on the battlefield and campaign

Great mod Bran! I'm Prussia and i'm at war against Austria, Russia,Sweden and England. Saxony and France,my allies help me a lot! Very very good!!!

ps: what is your last update?

Patrician

Last update was post 106 March 25 2013. Are you seeing things in the campaign that you have never seen before?

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Last update was post 106 March 25 2013. Are you seeing things in the campaign that you have never seen before?
    no,i'm using version in post 103 March 24, 2013, 10:55 PM

Ok just got done with a 40 unit battle with the latest version (post 106) the cohesion of the infantry is probably the best I have seen yet. It is really impressive despite the fact the battle was taking place on a hilly terrain. So this is what you want to preserve at all cost and whatever changes you do afterwards. The AI overall made the right choices in a very calm manner and like I said the AI inf reacted perfectly to my moves readjusting the lines and forming deep lines as well this is great stuff here. Cav did also a good job supporting inf and in force without hesitation as I didn't see stop and go or sideways attacks.

Now for the negative part the cav is still overpowered one AI cav unit destroyed 2 of my inf units despite the fact they were forming squares. My third square finally slowed it down and I had to send my own cav to stop the madness. The cav tended to attack ahead of inf at the start and then was much much better afterwards. Overall I also saw more melees than in the previous version as basically the AI inf goes for a couple volleys and then to full melee which makes sense when you have such a cavalry supporting it . Finally the last issue I saw is the arty which took quite a bit of time to unlimber compared to the last version which would fire right from the start. However the arty was very efficient once it started firing too bad half of it had already been wiped out by my own arty.

So to sum it up:
    - Keep the cohesion as it is (perfect for the inf)
    - Stop cav attack at the start of the battle
    - Less invincible cav
    - More firing less melee
    - Arty to fire right away

After that you will have accomplished a little miracle. Keep up the good work

Patrician

UPDATE: Raised defense against Cav and improved square formation. Changed Cav behavior for better flanking. Added new trigger events. Artillery unlimbers and fires. Did not change infantry behavior settings-did experiement with kv rules did lower the chance of charging some but it messed up line cohesion. Cav is still deadly so be on your toes and form square.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:34 PM.

Bran - I make a backup, delete. then copy yours into the correct file. Boom, sound quits working.. I guess I'll stick to orignal darth thanks
    Last edited by Napoleon9009; March 27, 2013 at 07:41 AM.
    PC specs:
    I-7 2600K overclocked to 4.4Ghz stable
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
    GTS450 Nvidia

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon9009 View Post
    Bran - I make a backup, delete. then copy yours into the correct file. Boom, sound quits working.. I guess I'll stick to orignal darth thanks
    OK This is very simple to do. Make a back up of DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon file and make sure the backup is out of the steam folder-put it in a folder on your desktop called "DMN backup". Now delete the original from the data folder. Put my DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon mod file into the Napoleon data folder. That is it. You should have no sound problem cause there is no modification to the sound. Make sure that your user.script folder in Drive C:/ Users/username/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/Scripts/User.script is there and is not changed. Start the mod- set it for single player default. If your sound does not work verify the game catche in steam.

I have noticed that using your mod in conjunction with Darth 2.65 is giving me an issue with the cost and number of building upgrades for towns and capitals.

There will be doubles of everything available with weird costs. For example there will be two trade posts available both for the price of 782 and 1 takes 2 turns to build, the other 3 turns yet they are the same.

Any idea what kind of conflict this could be?

Patrician

That is strange as I did not mod any building costs at all. Will look into it.

mennelik's Avatar Civis

i did placed the file from my desktop back now everything seems ok, hopefully your edits will work
    Last edited by mennelik; March 27, 2013 at 03:33 PM.

Well played 30 turns as the Ottomans.. Here is what i've noticed.

Good:
    AI is alot more aggressive and raiding farms and other buildings.
    I've noticed a huge increase in Ai building in cities.
    In battles the AI creates lines and uses cav to hit my weak points

Bad:
    When I tell my art to hit their art, it triggers something in the AI and they send in 1 cav unit to attack. Almost like to stop my art. But they get destroyed. Then i'll pull my art off the advancing cav and attack their artillery and boom triggers it and another cav unit comes.
    Austria has two naval ports near Italy. They have both for docks, not trade ports and they have 2-3 naval ships in there but they never come out to play. So I don't know if they are 28 gunners or 74.

This is quite good. A big improvment on Darth. I haven't seen much naval action as I'm in a alliance with Spain and France. Sending a fleet up to check out what the swed's, and british are making. Russia has had a few 32 gun frig's blocking trade.

One really nice thing is last battle vs Austria they AI used the spear for the cav, and slammed into my artillery and wiped them out. Good job. Will report more after class

Oh great job on artillery damage. I think it's perfect
    Last edited by Napoleon9009; March 27, 2013 at 09:20 PM.
    PC specs:
    I-7 2600K overclocked to 4.4Ghz stable
    8 gigs of DDR3 RAM
    Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
    GTS450 Nvidia

Another battle with latest update same battle as before so here are the pros:
    -Cav is not as overpowered so that is good
    -I saw more firing at the beginning of the battle that is good

cons:
    -Arty same issue as it took a while to unlimber. Arty kept moving before finally unlimbering which came when I sent my inf up the AI line
    -Suicidal cav at the beginning of the battle is still there
    -AI was confused at times and I saw a lot of shuffling while the AI was under arty fire. I have a screen of it but I cannot post it for some reason
    -AI kept backing up avoiding contact up until it was cornered and then it went for full melee attack (positive side is cohesion between inf and cav looks even better than in the previous version)

There you go I feel you are getting closer to make this AI really great. Arty firing from the start would be a great help. The only concern I have is the shuffling compared to the previous version which reacted in a more calm and orderly manner.