Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

UPDATE: correction of typos. lowered some global economic bonus settings-still too much money Added more subterfuge and stealth and assassinations. Report if money situation is better-got to be able to make armies you know
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:26 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: Stamped Out Player money spam for good! Campaign difficulty tables tweaked. Player still has enough to make big armies but it will be a drain on economy. Everything across the board is more expensive to build and recruit. If you liked making the dough then use an earlier version
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:27 PM.

started a French campaign with your build from Saturday. Only a few months in so far. Brits have done two landings - July and August. Not a huge threat, but keeping things a little more lively on french soil. I did give Hamburg to the Danish, Milan to the Italians, and Corsica to the Sicilians - just to start out a with a little bit of a handicap.

I'll download this new build, and continue with the campaign.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

double post...
    Last edited by A_B; March 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Patrician

For Papa.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Patrician

UPDATE; Added trigger_event tables modded.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:28 PM.

Foederatus

Hi BMB
    Is it possible for you to put all the updates on one page so i know what i am doing please? Deleting the older ones first. I am confused to what i should download and install with your DMN

cheers
    Last edited by jacksy; March 19, 2013 at 03:52 PM.

Patrician

THE FIRST ONE IN THE THREAD IS ALWAYS THE NEWEST ONE JUST USE THAT. I add new stuff and change a few things for better performance now and again. So just install the file into your napoleon total war folder -that is it. Remember to first make a back up of DMN_Darth_Mod_Napoleon folder first If you use it please report back with your experience with the campaign-expansion of factions, naval battles, ambushed armies,etc. and any interesting battles you might have had
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:28 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE; Adjusted Artillery ranges-slightly better-adjusted canister shot elevation-deadly now
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:29 PM.

does this only work with 40 stacks? cause I play with normal stacks 20. I would like to give it a try.

Patrician

works with any stack size

Patrician

UPDATE: Battle AI tweaks-better line cohesion and firefights-less mindless infantry charges.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 21, 2014 at 09:30 PM.

Well done Bran!! Very nice BAI. Lots of firefights, arty is extremely efficient and cav supports inf well. Excellent AI really. The only issue I could see is that Cav seems a bit overpowered as it not only wipes out inf but also it doesn't take much damage in melee. One of my heavy cav unit 120 men strong destroyed one full grenadier unit of 390 men without losing a single man... Other than it is a real success

Patrician

Well I will give Infantry more defense against cav then

Did try and I can really say that this is best line cohesion I've ever seen.
    Only problem is that AI is taking forever to decide wether it will shoot or charge at me and all that time it is taking heavy casualties from my line.
    AI often get close, get shoot at, rout, and then after recovery it comes and give proper gunfight.
    It would be great if it could act that way in the first place, when first comes in range.

Patrician

Are you saying that they just stand there and get shot?Well pajapatak if you play against veteran units they will not run and they will destroy you and if you are not run down by Cav units. Play a custom battle with at least 3 chevron units and elite units and at least 6 cav units; you will have a jolly damn time staying alive or get blasted to smithereens by arty.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 24, 2013 at 12:52 AM.

Bran, I have seen what Pajapatak is decribing only in my case the AI sent a couple units against my center and flanks while most of the AI army was shuffling. Once the first units were routed then the AI proceeded to a full attack against my center leaving its left flank unprotected. I occupied that flank quickly but in the mean time AI had broken my center so I had no time to flank but only to send my reserve to repell the attack. I have seen this behavior a few times. Though it is a good trick it is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Centaure View Post
    Bran, I have seen what Pajapatak is decribing only in my case the AI sent a couple units against my center and flanks while most of the AI army was shuffling. Once the first units were routed then the AI proceeded to a full attack against my center leaving its left flank unprotected. I occupied that flank quickly but in the mean time AI had broken my center so I had no time to flank but only to send my reserve to repell the attack. I have seen this behavior a few times. Though it is a good trick it is dangerous.
    Yes, I really think that this is CA hard coded, because I've seen this behavior with all AI mods out there. Modders have solved melee problem but it seems that AI simply do not know what to do if not charging melee.
    It looks to me that CA has copied BAI from MTW2 into ETW/NTW. That why AI is not doing good in this 19 century warfare.

I think it can be slowed down a bit but you are right at some point AI will always melee.