Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Private Normal's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE: Total War Slaughter version- adjusted attack behaviors again thank to report from Private Normal-keep them coming-Great feedback is most helpful to pinpoint where to change things.
    Will download now, thank you again Sir.

A medal for you.

[IMG][/IMG]

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

UPDATE: Put in new setting to make the AI more aggressive and less defensive. Post one and Total War Slaughter Version.
    NOTE: Reports from Private Normal says that the Ai invades with multiple armies but then does not attack the players nearby armies and if attack retreats. Has anybody else seen this behavior from the AI? I have not . They Attack. Thanks for the reports Private

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Today there isn't an update ?! Cause I am following the mod development since its first days when dear Bran refused to attach the new versions to the opening post and to number them as usual. And if you did today we would have had some 10 000. 001 version which is quite an achievement. Allthough there aren't that much things to be changed in those tables so some probably get reedited according to reasons beyond the forces of this world.

And because it becomes perfect each time, one can wonder how perfect was it before with so many updates. So let us know when you come to finishing state, provided of course you plan to come to such a point in time.
    Last edited by Dracula; February 10, 2015 at 04:08 AM.

Patrician

Dracula Dr. Van Helsing is calling

Patrician

UPDATE: FINAL VERSIONS OF THE MODS ARE NOW UPLOADEDNew trigger events ,reworked all campaign behaviors, new spotting rules, new attack behaviors. New link to all DMN Unit Add Ons with Bran settings. ENJOY THE MODS It has been two years of modding this and it has come to THE END Post any comments or feedback or experiences from your campaign or battles. Screen shots are great. Have FUN

Thanks Bran Any chance to little one rank fire patch ? If not, can you tell me how to mod it?

Patrician

Naval Invasions! France Invades Britain then the next turn their Allies the Ottomans Invade Too! After raiding the North the French turned south and attacked London. They lost. The Ottomans were raiding the North and then the next turn after the battle with the French attacked London. A very bloody battle with the British victory with the help of some cannister. Spain Takes Gibralter with 3 armies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails France Invades.jpg   Ottoman Invasion.jpg   London Attacked.jpg   Ottoman Strikes.jpg   Gibralter.jpg  

Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 15, 2015 at 04:42 PM.

The additional unit link in the first post isn't working. Can you please provide an alternative. Thank you for your excellent work, it greatly improved my ntw experience.

Patrician

I tested the link and it is working. Do not use Google Crome. Use Firefox or another browser.

Are all the updates included in the final build of first post ?

Has anyone been able to mod so that enemy uses inside buildings for defense?

Also see my other post in other thread that I don't have square formations.

Patrician

All update are in the first posts yes. If you are not getting square formation? The only reason for that is that you are playing with units larger than 400 men. Lower you campaign unit multiplier.

Thanks for the reply. RE: Square formations, no, I am playing with smaller unit size. Typically my militia hace around 62 men for example. No square formations with my units nor do I see any of the enemies use either.... ?

Patrician

Militia do not do square. Square must be researched-if Ai has not done so then you will not see it.

Yes, just used militia as an example of my unit size. Even Velite guards, grenadiers or line infantry have no option to do square.... As for research I have done most already.... ?

The square formation technology doesn't show in the technology research tree.
    Last edited by General Gordon; March 03, 2015 at 05:44 AM.

hello! Thx for your work Bran. I started just to experiment the ajustement of your mod and i tried to play Switzeralnd. Maybe the must chalanging and creazy compaign for NTW. The first 10 turns i Had quickly big problems with Austrian who have taken Milan and put me immediatly in a very diffuclt situation.

But my biggest problem is that France don't help me at all and i have to defend my own unique town with an army of 20000 against about 35000 or 45000 men's for the Austrian. Yes i play with 80 units per stack. That's quite fun it was a dream for me too do that.

But i do not like at all the multyplier of moral for ai in pre battle wich is about 2x or 3x superior than the player. I fund that unrealistic at all i what to go back to vanilla values for that or in the values of DMN original.
    Where can i Fund this value plz in data.pack?

Because if you look great historical battles. very often the general who choose the better strategie win no because his army killed every wone in the battlefield to the last men but because the oppent was running away saying the desperate sitation and loosing his moral against superior force and tactic. The unik way too win a battle where you are numerical inferiority it's too put down the moral of your ennemy by any way you can. so the moral of ai must not be to high.

The best example of that is the battle of Austerlitz. France: over ~75000 men: lost8000 (1500 dead 6000 injured) Austria-Russia ~100000 men: lost ~30000 men (16000 men dead, 15000 men injured)

So plz how to go back to near the vanilla value for moral for AI in battle. Thank you

I've started campign with Scotland. In the launcher I selected 1x armies but in the game the units are 2x (militia for example have 500 men !). Is there any way I can have the smaller unit size ?

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Make backup of original DMN_Darth_Mod_Napoleon file in the data folder of Napoleon Total War. After you backed up that file, remove it from the data folder.
    Hi, thanks for this mod. But I can't follow your installation instructions. What is the "original DMN_Darth_Mod_Napoleon file"? My Data folder has a whole subfolder for DMN, as well as lots of other DMN files within the Data folder.
    Can you spell out which DMN file exactly it is that needs replacing?

---------------------------------------------------IMPORTANT-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Make backups of all the original unit add on files
    Can you specify what these are? I have no idea which files exactly you are referring to. And where are they located?

and put then in a backup folder to be safe. Delete the unit add on files from the Napoleon Total War data folder
    Again, can you specify which files these are exactly?

Sorry to sound stupid but I find the installation instructions vague in their current state. Thanks for your time!

Patrician

It is in the Napoleon Total War data folder.
    Philadorous will make French help allies more and what battle difficulty are you playing on because the AI gets morale bonus on Hard and Very Hard.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Icon5 Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

It is in the Napoleon Total War data folder.
    Thanks. I know where this file is. But I don't know WHICH file we have to delete. It's not clear (to me, anyway) from the instructions. Can you spell out its name (and size in KB)?

And I'm still not clear what "all the original unit add on files" are...

As I said, DMN has many files within the NTW Data folder...plus its own folder.

I really want to try this mod. Thanks again for your time.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus75 View Post
    Thanks. I know where this file is. But I don't know WHICH file we have to delete. It's not clear (to me, anyway) from the instructions. Can you spell out its name (and size in KB)?

And I'm still not clear what "all the original unit add on files" are...

As I said, DMN has many files within the NTW Data folder...plus its own folder.

I really want to try this mod. Thanks again for your time.
    DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon.pack & DMN_PDGuru_All_Units.pack if I remember rightly & they are both in the data folder.