Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Great. Will have newest file ready soon. An excellent build

Patrician

UPDATE: NEWTOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER VERSION Post #12 EPIC EPIC EPIC

Private Normal's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE: NEWTOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER VERSION Post #12 EPIC EPIC EPIC
    I just started a new Campaign with your last update, and it is a ripper, but the TOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER got to me. I love Total War and SLAUGHTER, so here I go again. Your Orders will be obeyed Sir, Unleash the Hounds of War.
    [IMG][/IMG]

NEW TOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER VERSION

This a very very aggressive campaign with huge armies and pure epic scale. Income has been raised to recruit massive amounts of men-Trade income is key! So protect your trade lanes! PREPARE FOR THE END OF DAYS
    build: 01/31/15
    Got it!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Report: October 1805 . Playing as United Kingdom. Prussia and Austria have knocked out all the minor European States. Prussia has landed an invasion force twice in Normandy but has been beaten back. Austria has captured Switzerland and two french provinces. I am having some extraordinarily good naval battles, all nations have very active and aggressive navies. I was building up some armies in Gibralter when Spain and France invaded, 4 stacks for Spain, 3 for France. When I attacked with a single stack of inferior early campaign troops, I thought I'd use them to soften the enemy up a bit, France and Spain STILL ran like frightened schoolboys even though I was grossly outnumbered????. The only way I could get them to fight was by setting an Ambush.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Patrician

OK I know the setting that is causing this. It IS minimum battle result.It is set to 50% I will set it to 35% and they will fight!

Patrician

UPDATE: Changed minimum chance of battle success for AI so they stay and fight and not run away like crying babies. Changed from 50% to 30% so now if they think they have a 30% chance of winning they should go for it.

Patrician

UPDATE: Changed minimum chance of battle success for AI so they stay and fight and not run away like crying babies. Changed from 50% to 30% so now if they think they have a 30% chance of winning they should go for it. A big thank you to Private Normal for the report so I could pinpoint the correct stat to change in ai personality behaviour junctions.

UPDATE: Changed minimum chance of battle success for AI so they stay and fight and not run away like crying babies. Changed from 50% to 30% so now if they think they have a 30% chance of winning they should go for it. A big thank you to Private Normal for the report so I could pinpoint the correct stat to change in ai personality behaviour junctions.
    This build is shaping up to be the absolute BEST EVER. You have breathed a new life into the game. A big, big thanks to you Sir!!!!!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Has anybody experienced any CTD's with TOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER VERSION ???
    [IMG][/IMG]

Patrician

CDT in battles? possible. CTD on campaign map? not seen it. Make sure that you do this.FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE:
    Go into your Napoleon Preferences script file located in Drive C;Users/user name/AppData/Roaming/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/scripts/preferences.script.
    scroll down to the bottom of the script and find these two lines:
    multithreaded_model_enabled false; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 0; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    Change it to read this:
    multithreaded_model_enabled true; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 2; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    (If you use a quad core processor the number of thread should put is 4. Click save.)
    Go back to the preferences file and right click on it and go to properties and click 'read only' and then apply then ok.

AND turn off Darth visual effects in the launcher and turn off ssao and depth of field and all the rest of visuals change to medium- turn off volumetric effects- change campaign unit multiplier in the user script and in your preferences script to 1.3. Save fequently and do not play for long periods. After a battle save and exit out of the game. NTW has a memory leak as do all TW games. Also the game is for 32bit Operating systems not 64 so there is a conflict there too.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 02, 2015 at 11:33 PM.

CDT in battles? possible. CTD on campaign map? not seen it. Make sure that you do this.FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE:
    Go into your Napoleon Preferences script file located in Drive C;Users/user name/AppData/Roaming/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/scripts/preferences.script.
    scroll down to the bottom of the script and find these two lines:
    multithreaded_model_enabled false; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 0; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    Change it to read this:
    multithreaded_model_enabled true; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 2; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    (If you use a quad core processor the number of thread should put is 4. Click save.)
    Go back to the preferences file and right click on it and go to properties and click 'read only' and then apply then ok.

AND turn off Darth visual effects in the launcher and turn off ssao and depth of field and all the rest of visuals change to medium- turn off volumetric effects- change campaign unit multiplier in the user script and in your preferences script to 1.3. Save fequently and do not play for long periods. After a battle save and exit out of the game. NTW has a memory leak as do all TW games. Also the game is for 32bit Operating systems not 64 so there is a conflict there too.

Thank you Sir, I did that when you first posted it. Performance in the normal game is not an issue, I am running an Intel 4930K on an Asrock Extreme Motherboard, 32gbs Ram and SLI'd Geforce GTX 760's. I think the CTD has something to do with higher level Military buildings. Previously when I built level 5 Army staff College AND I had a Weapons Factory that increased the number of recruits I found I could no longer recruit in any capital city. The Ctd has occurred twice since when I have approached this level of Technology. I have been unable to progress any further. despite going back to earlier saved games and changing the building and technology advances. I have not encountered this previously and have completed many campaigns using your edits.

Mods I am using, and have used for years,
    are
    mod "NTW_DAM.pack";
    mod "Pdguru_Coalition_Minimod_2-1.pack";
    mod "Pdguru_Units_Release_5-4.pack";
    mod "Foreign_Legions_Brit.pack";
    mod "DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon.pack";
    campaign_unit_multiplier 2;

A mod I have used for a few months now is also included on my scripts file
    mod "NTW_Bourbon_Naval_4_mod.pack";

I am not suggesting for a moment that it is your edit. It seems to be a conflict, the CTD has occurred both times when I finish my move at the same level of technological advance. Unless something jumps out at you, don't do anything yet. I am doing some trouble shooting on the Mods and I have started another Campaign and will report back back if and when I have another CTD.
    Last edited by Private Normal; February 03, 2015 at 02:34 AM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Patrician

It may be a conflict with unit mod packs in where the units are being recruited. I have seen this many a time with other mods. That is why I try to stay away from extra unit mod packs. In any case I uploaded another version to test I lowered the recruitment points for the Army staff building-maybe that is what is causing it? Test and see.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 03, 2015 at 08:58 AM.

I agree. It is a mod conflict, I think it might be in the Naval Mod, a pity because this is a really good mod. I will try your edit, . If that doesn't fix it it I will trouble shoot by deleting the Naval Mods. All the other mods I have been using quite happily for a few years now.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Patrician

UPDATE: Total War Slaughter edition-scaled Naval recruitment to match that of land forces-Britain should build bigger navies-changed naval distribution-navies should protect home regions better. Changed naval attack behavior so navies will attack enemies near their regions, changed naval regional distribution so navies will stick around to protect and guard their own lands.

Note to Private Normal-IT is a conflict with the naval mod as he said in his thread that he has his own Campaign AI settings-so there will be a conflict there-don't know where but it will conflict.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 03, 2015 at 06:05 PM.

UPDATE: Total War Slaughter edition-scaled Naval recruitment to match that of land forces-Britain should build bigger navies-changed naval distribution-navies should protect home regions better. Changed naval attack behavior so navies will attack enemies near their regions, changed naval regional distribution so navies will stick around to protect and guard their own lands.

Note to Private Normal-IT is a conflict with the naval mod as he said in his thread that he has his own Campaign AI settings-so there will be a conflict there-don't know where but it will conflict.
    You Sir, have gone ABOVE and BEYOND the call of duty. I am greatly indebted to you. Thanks so much
    [IMG][/IMG]

Progress Report: Feb 1806. Austria and Prussia very aggressive, invaded France, Switzerland and Mecklenberg fallen, and 2 provinces of France. Smaller Nations very active building fleets, raiding Trade Routes and blockading France where they are at war. France and Spain blockading me, UK, regularly. Gibraltar has just been invaded by three Spanish armies. they are not attacking me, but seem content to stand around and wait?? Game seems very dynamic and I am enjoying it so far.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Patrician

UPDATE: Changed setting for when factions invade and when they will risk going to battle-setting was too high; lowered to get the AI to get on with it.
    post one and total war slaughter version. Thanks Private Normal for the report. Use new file and report back after a few more turns. Ai should use those big armies on your border now

UPDATE: Changed setting for when factions invade and when they will risk going to battle-setting was too high; lowered to get the AI to get on with it.
    post one and total war slaughter version. Thanks Private Normal for the report. Use new file and report back after a few more turns. Ai should use those big armies on your border now
    France Spain and Ottoman invading Gibraltar together, they are very aggressive, however they don't like a fight still. will usually retreat when attacked. In Battle mode they are fierce and hard to beat.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Patrician

UPDATE: Total War Slaughter version- adjusted attack behaviors again thank to report from Private Normal-keep them coming-Great feedback is most helpful to pinpoint where to change things.