Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930313233343536373853 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Bran could you make a version where the smoke in DarthEffects dissipate faster? I love the smoke effects but the smoke lingers around too long and causes some serious lag on 2x unit size, if you would be so kind could you cut down the lingering smoke time by half or find a way to make it run better overall?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

In the meantime turn off volumetric effect, ssao,depth of field , turn shadows to medium or low, water effects to medium, sky effects to medium, unit detail to high. unit multiplier to 1.5 or 1.6. It will get you big boost in frame rates.

the ai units are crisscrossing at the start of the battle and I'm not sure what to do Bran :/

nappy some thing happened to me, was working great then I had a lot of weird crashes then the ai seemed to go really stupid, im going to try restalling every thing again.

Patrician

Nappy delete the mod file from your data folder and reinstall it. then verify game catche thought steam. restart darth mod and play a custom battle. see if they are crossing. they should not do that.

Patrician

UPDATE: FIX for strange Bai behavior from last update- change a setting in KV-rules that was causing it. All better now

A question:

Since the changes to units only applies to the main DMN_Darthmod_Napoleon.pack, and not the extra unit packs - what additional changes did you make to the units stats?

I'm currently changing the cav stats in the unit packs to match the changes you did and I wonder if anything else needs looking at. Also, I'm experimenting with balancing cav by halving melee defense, which should work nicely with you having raised the charge bonus by 100%.

Another change that worked well for me, was to increase artillery pieces in each unit from 4 to 6 (and 6 man extra for each gun of course). This together with a range of 750-900 m depending on calibre and 280 m for half chance hit gives pretty balanced arty IMHO. Now it's not feasible to try to snipe the enemy's general at max range, but line units at 1.5 multiplier take substantial casualties.

Btw, what was the change in kv_rules that was causing strange battle behaviour? I can't copy paste the file due to making so many of my own changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Nappy delete the mod file from your data folder and reinstall it. then verify game catche thought steam. restart darth mod and play a custom battle. see if they are crossing. they should not do that.
    UPDATE: FIX for strange Bai behavior from last update- change a setting in KV-rules that was causing it. All better now
    I actually uploaded a video for you to check out and see if it's fine. Ignore the no audio, I think shadowplay hates me.

http://youtu.be/Wz-qrB_75L4

Patrician

Durango- kv rules ; hnbonus_bayonet -3
    Nappy wa this a campaign map or a custom battle map? Are you using the file in post one?

Durango- kv rules ; hnbonus_bayonet -3
    Nappy wa this a campaign map or a custom battle map? Are you using the file in post one?
    Yeah this is using the file from post one and it's a custom battle map.

Nappy, post what units, settings and map that causes problems and I can see if I can replicate it.

On another note, the unit packs (ex. MAUM, Pdgurus's etc) that go with darthmod will need to be adjusted if one wishes to use them in concordance with the bran files.
    The main changes to apply to the extra unit packs are:

Elite infantry: +1 melee attack, +2 melee defense, 3+ morale

Cavalry: +100 charge bonus

There are probably other small changes, but these values will balance the packs with bran's mod.

Correction: 100% extra charge bonus, not 100 points

Senator

Hi Bran,

Is there a way to use your mod with vanilla naval stats?

I play a lot of naval MP and I want to keep things consistent, so I want to play a campaign with your mod but I want the naval battles to be the same as vanilla. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Durango85 View Post
    Nappy, post what units, settings and map that causes problems and I can see if I can replicate it.

On another note, the unit packs (ex. MAUM, Pdgurus's etc) that go with darthmod will need to be adjusted if one wishes to use them in concordance with the bran files.
    The main changes to apply to the extra unit packs are:

Elite infantry: +1 melee attack, +2 melee defense, 3+ morale

Cavalry: +100 charge bonus

There are probably other small changes, but these values will balance the packs with bran's mod.
    For custom battles I've only chosen the cpu to use the regular units the UK gets when you select them in the selection screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nappy's War Horse View Post
    For custom battles I've only chosen the cpu to use the regular units the UK gets when you select them in the selection screen.
    OK, I did a test battle yesterday. The problem with your battle is that you used a map where the AI must funnel between hills and rocks to get at your army. When I tested it on grassy flatlands, the AI marched up in good order and only started to attempt to flank me at 1:40 - but the firing lines were not too messed up at least. I won mainly due to arty pounding them in the center and cav hitting them on the flanks.

EDIT: Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIati2uGS70

I don't know why youtube gives me such a headache.

Remember that this is the simplest form of test, and that the AI gets "better" once things like skilled generals, reinforcements and different terrain come in to play like in a campaign battle. Overall, I give the AI a B+!
    Last edited by -Durango-; August 27, 2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Youtube problems....
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Patrician

Nice. You should have given the British some Cav units.

Yeah, the AI gets the most use out of cav it seems

But for this one I just rolled with the default armies to test battle cohesion... not exactly the most stressful fight I've ever had. I've also spent a lot of time tweaking settings for morale, weapon accuracy and speed to suit my needs, for ex:

- Raised shock casualties penalty to simulate units breaking under sudden onslaught of attacks.

- Lowered speed, inf morale penalty and defense of cav due to them being a bit to strong. Before, one unit of any cav could charge line infantry 1v1 and last a long time while occasionally winning. Now they are strong, but generally best used on unprepared or weakened units.

- Increased lethality of muskets (since I use vanilla volley fire). Shorter range but more casualties inflicted.

- Adjusted morale so that units don't break and run too late.

My philosophy tends to be that maneuvering and movement should take longer, but combat should resolve faster. The longer units can stay in combat, the more time the player has to micromanage units and counter the AIs moves. This is a problem in mods such as EB for MTW2, where every battle turns into a slugfest.

In short, the only battles I have a chance of losing are the ones where I can't keep up with micro easily and the AI quickly breaks a unit or two causing a chain rout. Also, it's very satisfying to smash through units with elite grenadiers and watch them go "**** this I'm out!"

Offtopic: Bran, would you recommend Empire DMN with your edits compared to Napoleon? Are the battles nearly as good?
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

hey i would like help concerning DMN v 2.65 as it always crashes when starting and dnt know what to do and works perfectly afer returning to vanilla ?? pls any help

Patrician

Durango- Empire was not a finished game-the AI programer quit and moved to Scotland. I applied my Napoleon setting to Empire a it greatly helped the AI and it plays very good indeed-but not as good as in Napoleon. The campaign AI I did a hell of a lot of work on that to get the factions to develop and expand and create an Empire-that is what the game is all about in my opinion. Before the factions did nothing-they just sat there -so boring-I wanted to get a more Total War feel to the game. Some players have commented the AI now behaves in almost a human manner