Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Great job with this so far, Bran.

I am currently playing as Prussia and have noticed that French seem to have amazing morale while my guys break easily. I have foot guards in a superior position getting routed by semi-depleted fusiliers fairly quickly, while pretty damn even engagements always seem to result in my guys routing very quickly, while the French always maintain high morale. I don't really have this problem fighting other factions.

Also, my lancers will charge the enemy, but stop and start walking slowly when they get very close to the enemy. Seems to only be happening with lancers for some reason.

Bran, are your artillery changes from http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tillery-in-DMN incorporated into your DMN Mod Edits?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

UPDATE: Fixed French Fusliers high morale to normal. French do not have high morale in these unit tables-so if they are getting some bonus then it is because of their high rank generals and some buildings give them morale bonus and or they have the high ground and other factors-look to kv morale rules in the db tables. Cav stop bug is caused by too high infantry melee defense bonus in kv rules table-I set it higher in an update in the past-set now lower. Always double click on enemy target when using Cav attacks-this helps to sqwash the cav stop bug. And I did not mod in the artillery damage mod-you have to add that yourself or just put it in you data folder-it works.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 12, 2016 at 08:34 PM.

Private Normal's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE: Typo correction spotted by MiKill fixed tweaked a few campaign settings.
    Private yes you can-but do not change the range of infantry weapons-that is tied into the kv rules behavior.
    Thanks very much.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE: Fixed French Fusliers high morale to normal. French do not have high morale in these unit tables-so if they are getting some bonus then it is because of their high rank generals and some buildings give them morale bonus and or they have the high ground and other factors-look to kv morale rules in the db tables. Cav stop bug is caused by too high infantry melee defense bonus in kv rules table-I set it higher in an update in the past-set now lower. Always double click on enemy taget when using Cav attacks-this helps to sqwash the cav stop bug. And I did not mod in the artillery damage mod-you have to add that yourself

Alright well I put the parameters from your Artillery mod into this new mod. The only line I'm unsure of is the Shrapnel2 line.

All I see if a shrapnel line. I made a seperate shrapnel2 line, not sure if it will work or mess anything up though.

Bran, is it possible to make the unit cards in 40-unit saves a bit bigger
    Right now they're so small, i can barely click on them

Patrician

Neon-the answer is no. For those of you who play DarthMod Empire 8.1-I used some of the ideas from these mod settings and applied them to DME and they seem to work well. It is in the Sub Mod section of Darth Mod Empire-try it out If any one has played the campaign I would like any feedback. I am pretty much done with this and moving on to other things now. So you all have a wonderful and jolly good time.

Well done Bran. I got done trying the last version after being away for a few days and I can say it is a real success so far. I have played a couple battles and the BAI is excellent. To me all the issues have been addressed based on what I saw. I need to test it further but it is very very good so far. AI uses the terrain as much as possible and spreads its forces well across the battlefield. Arty fires right at the start, lots of firefights and AI tries to flank and is much less predictable overall.

The only issues I still see is the stop and go bug for cav quite often from my side and not so much on AI side. I also think AI keeps too many cav units in reserve to protect arty. These units could be put to good use somewhere else. I still have the 5 units bug idled and doing nothing in one corner of the map. AI could use these units (skirmishers and light inf) for something else. I still think it might be related to the fact I play with 45 unit armies....

Besides that you have done a great job sir truly remarkable
    Regarding the CAI it is very good as the Russian have finally to come to help Prussia and Austria in my French campaign. GB has taken Hamburg and keeps making naval landings.

By the way for your info the arty not firing bug seems to come from your increased arty damage mod...

Quote Originally Posted by Centaure View Post
    By the way for your info the arty not firing bug seems to come from your increased arty damage mod...
    Yes I can second this, I am using it now and have noticed issues with artillery not firing. I saw them go from unlimbered at the start of one battle to limbered and non firing, very strange.

Its a shame because the damage values are really good.

Patrician

Hey thanks for the info about the Arty damage mod causing the strange behavior. Cav stop bug-double click on target-seems to kill that bug. Centaure I think you are correct about the 45 unit thing. I play 40 unit and I have never seen that. About Cav protecting arty-that is from Darth formations bin-he has them protect arty. I would rather have some cav stay back and defend than them all rush in. They do eventually attack later in the battle. Working on Empire now. Testing stuff.

Thanks for the update as well, yeah Empire is where its at in my opinion. With all the new mods available for graphics and mechanics ect. its almost a better game than napoleon, especially with the detailed campaign.

No one has memory leaks with this file? I have experienced some slow downs after few turns, on the beginning it is going smooth but then campaign is starting to lag etc, resemble memory leak to me...

Patrician

UPDATE: More active faction behavior.

Patrician

UPDATE: Better faction behavior.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm having an issue with this mod: as Britain I invaded France with two armies, and the French launched no form of a counter attack. I took a look around France and around the Paris/Brussels area were about 20-30 single unit armies, not joining together at all, making the campaign completely pointless. Any fixes or solutions?

Patrician

With these settings? Never seen that ever. They counter attack in force. Will check it out. Single unit armies? Never seen it. They merge up. You play 40 unit saves?

Patrician

UPDATE: Stronger regional defense as requested and new triggers.

Patrician

If there is any campaign behavior problems-Please upload a picture of it.

Thanks a lot mate I really have to commend your dedication!

Patrician

UPDATE: Tweaked French army campaign map movement to give them a small edge so they can get a step up on other AI factions. Lowered French Regional Defense a bit as last update they really defended but it slowed down their expansion so this should be a nice balance Test and see.