Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10355051525354555657585960
Results 1,181 to 1,188 of 1188

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

hey uhh it's work now but just for main unit but some special unit such as swiss line or swiss grenadier don't work any tip?

The BAI doesnt seem to have changed at all from the usual darthmod, its still running back and forth on its side of the map or running its units in front of the other until they end up in melee. I was really hoping this would do the trick any kind of help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dmush View Post
    The BAI doesnt seem to have changed at all from the usual darthmod, its still running back and forth on its side of the map or running its units in front of the other until they end up in melee. I was really hoping this would do the trick any kind of help would be appreciated.
    Nvm, saw someone else bring this up and your recommendation was the volley fire version. Giving the version from post 10 a shot as you also recommended for another person. Thank you so so much for all the effort you put into making this addon and helping fools like me

Quote Originally Posted by dmush View Post
    Nvm, saw someone else bring this up and your recommendation was the volley fire version. Giving the version from post 10 a shot as you also recommended for another person. Thank you so so much for all the effort you put into making this addon and helping fools like me
    This was still my result unfortunately after a few tries on the same battle. I don't know what im doing wrong and i could use some help.

sorry for all the spam i was trying to display my screenshot I wasn't able to figure it out. I sent it as an attachment instead, but essentially the BAI still ran around his side of the map and when I baited him, he kinda just moved all his units into a ball within musket range of my line. It also placed its canons in a way that, well, they kinda just blew eachother up when they fired.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20230331005400_1.jpg  
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; March 31, 2023 at 04:16 AM. Reason: quad post condensed to one / file link cleaned

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    NEW More Defensive Campaign- Ai factions are less war like (except France) and hold to alliances more and are more defensive in nature. For those who want a less aggressive AI. 07/28/17 FINAL BUILD Note: AI will still be building armies, so if you invade be prepared for a bloody warNote: Must be played on Normal campaign difficulty.

Hello Bran, How do I intal the file ? Download and put it in to the file here is DMN ?

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Hmmm, I am trying this in the hope that it solves the canister-too-high issue.

But I'm really not clear on installation - am I supposed to keep the original dmn.exe and run that before launching Napoleon as before (ie. retrieve it from the moved DMN folder ) - or is just having the new pack file sufficient.

I have tried with the latter, but tbh didn't see much improvement on the canister so wondering if I've managed to do it wrong ( I do excel at finding ways of that that no one thought of )

Hello all,

what if i have a 6-core processor? then I fill in the number 6 in the preferences script?

"number_of_threads 6; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #"
    Last edited by Frosty457; August 29, 2023 at 11:27 PM.

Hi Bran Mac Barn. Can you please update your first Post with the newest updates. Its very hard to understand which version of all your work is newest.

I would very much like to try out your mod and changes and fixes. Its looks very intressesting and good.

Hey Bran and anyone reading, I really want to bump this thread because this mod fixes the game. I use the latest realism standard version I could find in this thread. And the map rotation addition pack as well.
    I played through a Prussia campaign with stock DMN cause I am running an i5 3570k and 1070ti so and forgot about 2x, it's less choppy anyway, then once I won that campaign I setup some 2x ones. I needed an AI fix mod and googled to this. I remember finding this mod many years ago though.
    Anyway, I'm in a Denmark 2x campaign very hard/very hard and it's a lot of fun. I have some awesome screenshots and videos. The only hiccup is with some 20 unit or so army sizes the enemy might not unlimber their cannons until weird conditions are met. The French did it always, Britain did it so far but might deploy 1 or 2, but now facing Prussia with two full more experienced and middle game armies they deploy most cannons and are a very fun opponent that attacks. I have to see more of the army stacks in the game and how they respond and look through the other versions of this mod. I think it is that some units are given stealth and not stealth so when the cannons see them early game they move but if there's too many stealthed units they sit and bug out most of the time and never unlimber. In the whole of the campaign though it just acts as a handicap early on so far. Regardless, this mod makes this game really great. I've looked at NTW3 and think it's good but haven't tried it. I think DM is superior in taking the original games effects and making it look and sound good. This mod is necessary to DMN and the only complete version of the game for me. I have to give a shot at value editing or find the right version in this thread to make more line infantry units not be able to stealth since it seems to bug the cannon AI as I said when there aren't enough visible units. Or maybe only in woodland and shrub, haven't looked at the code at all. It also looks funny to see crouching columns marching towards the battle but they unstealth usually by the time it's time to take screenshots.
    I have to give the music mod a try to, but I believe I have to break it down and edit a few things. I have to try and take a look at the cannon issue soon. I need a new system for bigger battles and lots of time for extensive work. There is no better musket warfare strategy game than this. The standard campaign maps are super super lacking with computers nowadays. I also really want to go have a dabble at giving the map many more towns and economic balance. I've only watched a video on how they were doing map editing in Atilla though.
    It makes me upset that CA is so strict on their grasp of their older games. They should open source this stuff instead of adding nonsense launchers and other useless bloat. It won't stop people from noticing there is no better musket strategy than this and with just a little more polishing the bulk of the work has been done. This game could seriously be extended into something impressive with not too much modding work.
    Merry Yule all. Hopefully sometime myself and/or anyone else who see art will have a real hacking at this game. This is the point to start from, especially the version before they patched out all chat and broke the .exe for mods because of the new gen processor issue when there was already a drag and drop fix on github..
    Without this mod you miss the battle AI completely as it won't form a line to fight back, cannons are less tactical, calvary aren't that great, and so on. I've had to actually fight with this mod and the cinematics of DMN come out so well. Thanks Bran. Hope this thread stays on the internet with how games are being treated lately.

Quick info about this mod and because Bran religiously dodges this question:

The mod increases enemy morale to levels of stupid. Some french units can go up to 40 Morale if they manage to get enough experience. This means the other factions will always loose because of how auto resolve works. And all the player victories will be pyrrhic at best and leave you unable to capitalize on your victories unless you have another full stack ready to take over. The AI will have close to 5 full stacks near cities, so good luck making any good progress invading France.
    The battles themselves are fun, but can get grindily tedious after a very short while. And due the Darth removing the population mechanic that could limit how much anyone could recruit, the AI will spam stack after stack after stack after stack. Good luck.

I suspect the reason the AI is aggressive is because he bugged their morale to the point some units will not rout even when Army Losses has kicked in. Oh, and in forts the defenders will fight to the last man pretty much.

Had some fun at the beggining with this mod, but in' hell it's soul draining.