Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7324748495051525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1188

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Starting off by saying i LOVE the mod, I play with one of the lionheart versions and have played a couple of turns, can i switch to Slaughter mod mid Campaign or do i have to restart, and is the Slaughter ones for more aggressive battles or more aggressive campaign movement?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

yes you can - and it is more aggressive.

Patrician

LIONHEARTX10 LET'S PLAY FIX CULL EXCESS UNITS/NO EXCESS RECRUITMENT
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello, great mods by the way. Can you make a POST 15 version, with all units having hidden abilities (POST 18), but having less money than the original POST 15 Mod. A common ground. Not a hard economy mod but not too much money as well.
    Thank You.

Patrician

VOLLEY FIRE/FOG OF WAR/LESS ACCURACY/HARD ECONOMYBY REQUEST.

HARD ECONOMY BUT NOT TOO HARD.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; November 03, 2018 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    VOLLEY FIRE/FOG OF WAR/LESS ACCURACY/HARD ECONOMYBY REQUEST.

HARD ECONOMY BUT NOT TOO HARD.
    Right on the money with the economy, thanks.
    Just one question.
    This mod have the 35% less accuracy from Post 15 version?
    My question is because the musket is so deadly, like one volley takes 15 to 20 men.

Patrician

Junior play battles on Normal and test using campaign battles not custom battles.

How to add volley fire to other units? I use darthmod with mod bum and georider units pack, without your submod all line units use fire by rank, with your submod, units from darthmod use volley fire but units from other units packs use vanilla one rank fire. You'll tell me how to change it in pack file manager?

Patrician

youncarter- unit_stats_land check 'skirmish' box, unit_class_to_unit_abilities_tables, unit_to_unit_abilities tables.

Thank you veru much, this work.

Hi everyone,
    First of all, thanks Bran Mac Born for this excellent edit of the darthmod, I like a lot of your changes (regarding volley fire, canister shots, unit moral, ship hull points and ship speed etc.). I have a few questions/remarks

1)- The CAI seems strange in campaign (Hard). I was the Portugal, in war with France and Spain (I just took Madrid 4 turns before) and my very friendly ally, Great Britain, declares war against me (which bring Prussia and Austria in war also). Now, I have no more trade income, and my game is ruined. Should I play in normal campaign to have more consistent diplomacy AI ? I had military access and I was trading technology with my allies.

2)- When I attack the AI, his canons are passive until I start attacking his troops. I don't want to exploit the BAI, but I could have killed a lot of troops before sending my infantery divisions to engage.

3)- I think light infantery (caçadores for exemple) are inferior in almost every aspect when compared with line infantery. They have better accuracy and reloading skills, but 120 against 180 it's overwhelming (x 1.0 multiplier). I like rifle rangers (like tiradores) because they have a high range and I can hit and run with them, but it's difficult with regular light infantery.

4)- One question: Can I play the minor factions in multiplayer campaign with a friends ? I would like to play Portugal while he play France in the europe campaign. Is it possible ?

Again, thanks for your work.

Patrician

Inocybe- the diplomacy in Napoleon cannot be modded-unlike Empire Total War-yes play the campaign on Normal difficulty if you want more reasonable diplomacy. There was always a bug with cannons in this game sometimes they work sometime not-remeber CA never finished the game-there are still bugs never fixed. If you both have the same version of the mod i do believe you can do that yes.

Hey, what's the best config as of now?

Patrician

Try the version on Post #10 with 40 unit save games=EPIC

I really like these mods. One thing though, when im playing as sweden, it feels incredibly underpowered. I mean, I know they're sweden, but upon further investigation i think its because of the morale stat of sweden's standard line infantry, 7. 7 seems absolutely abysmal. i began comparing this to the standard line infantry of the others and realized that they were almost all at least double the morale. This is to say nothing of france, which i understand, but they have morale in the high 20s! its near i barely scraped through encounters with napoleon even when i used opportunism to isolate his single army and outnumber him at least three to one. i get making france the strongest, and i think they should be, but sweden's infantry just melts the moment they get shot at. do you guys know of any way to modify these morale stats for sweden? just so my guys dont immediately crumble at the slightest hint of combat.

I am going to try some of your mods, will mess up I'm sure. your files all seem to have the same title? Or is it me. Very long thread and a little hard to follow. But will give it a shot.

LIONHEARTX10 LET'S PLAY FIX CULL EXCESS UNITS/NO EXCESS RECRUITMENT"
    Have your mods working, what a difference art. is a must and very deadly! Could you let me know what the above mod does please?
    Last edited by Tango12345; April 30, 2019 at 05:26 PM.

Patrician

Squidman all you need is the one file to use. If you are playing the volley fire version you will need to download the modded unit add on packs. So only two files. As to Cull excess unit that was a bug fix for a Lionheart Let's play were he kept peacing out with the Austrians and then the Austrians kept making armies and all the armies were causing slowdowns on the campaign turn or freezes et. This was mad to thin out the AI armies a bit. The problem was he would never fight many battles in the Let's Play thus enemy armies were not being destroy so the Ai factions kept making more armies-that is what they are supposed to do-make armies and attack. I would just play the regular version of the mod and not use that as that is not applicable to a regular game. If you are a good total war player and are good at fighting battles and have a PC that can handle large unit armies then I recommend play one of the 40 unit save game with the Super Slaughter version of this mod-Very EPIC!
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; April 30, 2019 at 11:43 PM.

Hi are the all options are same with bai I mean the ai attack’s with all units few shots then massive melee ?? I think that’s how they fight at that time but little more shots could make more fun.

I also spot something I played campaign with sir battleterrain and AI act different they been standing and waiting for me by most of the battles, now I reinstalled game and mod with out battleterrain and ai is much better.

is battle time limit affects ai ??

previously i also change some stats i add mass fire abilities is that may case AI to act weirdly??

Hi all I seem to be having issues with installation particularly with the slaughter/volley version, battlefields, and music mod. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.