Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple tweak for Darth MOD NTW: Fire by Rank removal and increased ammo

Default Simple tweak for Darth MOD NTW: Fire by Rank removal and increased ammo

I made simple tweaks for this great mod to suit my liking, removed FBR and rebalanced some unit parameters etc.
    Please enjoy NTW3-like Darth MOD NTW!

Installations:After installing&launching Original Darth MOD Napoleon, just unpack the downloaded file and copy&overwrite them to your game's data folder.

Update
    (08/30/2015):Ver1.42
    ・Fatigue related optimizations.
    ・Morale related optimizations.
    ・Units speed related optimizations.
    ・Projectile optimizations.(more better aiming for canister, and a little accuracy boost for way-too inaccurate howitzers)
    ・Gun crew numbers are adjusted for x2 unit size.(this prevents "extra" crews standing in front of the guns are killed, and running after horse artillery on foot)
    ・In campaign game, economic penalties imposed to player from difficulty are removed.
    ・I wonder I've done some other minor changes, but I can't remember any others.
    ・Also, as some people requested, FBR removal only version added!(nothing changed from original MOD other than FBR removal.)

(03/23/2014):Ver1.36
    ・Unit spacing optimization.
    ・Minor balancing for projectiles.
    ・Units suffer more morale penalties from sustained casualities, exposed flank, being attacked from rear or flank.
    ・Units gain more morale boost when their flanks are secured.

(03/19/2014):Ver1.35
    ・Units receive more penalties(movement, charge, melee, accuracy) from fatigue.
    ・Cavalry's running&charging speed decreased a bit.
    ・ship's turning rate and top speed increased.
    ・naval cannon's accuracy decreased.

(03/14/2014):Ver1.34
    ・Now all trained-infantry shoulders their muskets in a correct same manner.
    ・Running and charging speed of infantry decreased a bit.
    ・Land and naval artillery's accuracy decreased further.

(03/09/2014):Ver1.33
    ・Minor changes to unit spacing, projectiles.
    ・DelayedFireAnimation MOD included. now soldiers take some seconds while aiming.

(03/07/2014):Ver1.32
    ・Musketry is tweaked to be much closer to that of NTW3. it's far-less accurate in long range, far-more deadly in close range.
    ・Line infantry's ammo increased to 30.
    ・Artillery's accuracy decreased, canister's range increased.

(03/06/2014):Ver1.3
    ・All militia&line infantry now use 2~3 rank volley fire(just like light infantry)
    ・All line infantry's ammo increased to 25.
    ・Tighter formation adopted.
    ・Firearms' accuracy is reduced to compensate increased firepower.
    ・Artillery's accuracy slightly reduced.
    ・Rifles' range increased to 180.
    ・Naval broadside is a little more effective.

(02/26/2014):Ver1.21
    ・Stakes completely removed.
    ・Riflemen reloads a bit faster.
    ・Light infantry's melee defence decreased.
    ・Accuracy bonus for light infantry's musket decreased.
    ・Accuracy bonus for rifle increased.
    ・All cavalry units can dismount and fight on foot.

(02/25/2014):Ver1.1
    ・Cannon(direct fire)'s firing arc is a little more flatter.
    ・All non-elite grenadiers: +5 reload skill.
    ・All trained light infantry: melee attack +2, melee defence +5, unit size 160, can form square.
    ・Forts have some +repression&happiness effect.
    ・Units gain super reloading skill boost when Fire and Advance enabled.

(02/17/2014):Ver1.0
    ・Musket&rifle fire accuracy slightly decreased.
    ・Canister shots are more effective(just imitated Mr. Ban Mac Born's tweak!)

Dowload link:
    Darth MOD tweak Ver1.42
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/av...ak+Ver1.42.rar

Darth MOD tweak FBR removal ONLY version
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/x1...LY+version.rar
    Last edited by Sturmtrooper; August 30, 2015 at 07:49 AM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

MB: ASRock Z97 Extreme4
    CPU: Core i7 4790k @4.5GHz
    MEM: DDR3-2400 8X2GB
    SSD: Plextor PX-G256m6e 256GB
    VGA: R9 290 4GB(1150/1400)
    AUDIO: Creative Sound Blaster Z

Default Re: Simple tweak for Darth MOD NTW: Fire by Rank removal and increased ammo

Mediafire says the file has been removed. Would it be possible to upload it again?

Default Re: Simple tweak for Darth MOD NTW: Fire by Rank removal and increased ammo

oh, sorry!
    Download link fixed!

I'm using Ver1.1 and all I can say is that it is excellent. It makes battles a little longer and the smoke effects are beautiful in contrast with the bunched up scenery of Vanilla Darthmod. Not sure why you removed stakes or edited to have cav go on foot though in the new version. Regardless this is a nice mod.

Thank you, but please remenber that Lord Vader and others are who made this great mod(I just tweaked some parameters).
    Stakes were removed because they are unrealistic.
    You might think enabling all cavalry to dismount is tactically meaningless for melee-cavalry, actually there are some ways to utilize dismounting(leaving horses back and reduce casualities from artillery, engage infantry in square, rush into building etc.)
    I'm planning to boost some parmeters of Heavy-middle melee cavalry to increase their effectiveness on foot.

Nice, I've always disliked fire by rank because the AI gets less shots off before the melee bug kicks in.

I was wondering though, if its not too much work would you think about a two rank fire mod? I think it was used in earlier versions of Darthmod and Trom uses it. Its two rank fire but the third rank can fire if they have line of sight, i think its the best personally.

Quote Originally Posted by agent 47 View Post
    Nice, I've always disliked fire by rank because the AI gets less shots off before the melee bug kicks in.

I was wondering though, if its not too much work would you think about a two rank fire mod? I think it was used in earlier versions of Darthmod and Trom uses it. Its two rank fire but the third rank can fire if they have line of sight, i think its the best personally.
    OK, I'm working on it!

The mod sounds great! It's what I have been searching for. If you could please help me install it

What's the problem?
    After installing and launching Darth MOD NTW ver2.65, unpack the downloaded file, copy&overwrite them to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Napoleon Total War\data

Really nice, keep up the good work! Are you planning on modding any other Total War games?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt.Fritz View Post
    Really nice, keep up the good work! Are you planning on modding any other Total War games?
    Thank you! but I won't go to other TW games otherwise ETW2 or NTW3 is released.

It's very nice, thank I really enjoy it.

Thank you for the tweak! This tweak is what I am looking for to play DM.

I think I'll give this thing a try. It bring the shooting flavor closer to vanilla, right? Never mind, I'll try it and find out for myself. Cheers!

Sixt's Avatar Civis

hey, hows the bai effected in this submod?

Have to say thanks for this. Firstly I love DM but FBR in the napoleonic period!? what. This mod really makes the immersion deeper for me. I tried a quick custom battle to make sure everything was working, just two line units vs. I marched up close, delivered a close range volley and the bayonet, the enemy actually routed 2-3 seconds after melee. Was so pleased,actual napoleonic tactics working in NTW.
    "Antifa Against Fascism!" - Well, obviously.......

This sub mod is awesome, Keep up the good work. I always hated Fire By Rank and always looked away from Darthmod because of it, which sucked because Darthmod's campaign AI is great. Now I can enjoy the mod, Thanks.

skimyy's Avatar Civis

Thank you. This mod is great. I love the unit spread and removing FBR.

Hey man whats the status on that 2 rank fire

Private Normal's Avatar Civis

Thank you for keeping this mod alive.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast