Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 631464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1188

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Dalerien- The accuracy is a bit lower...but not alot. Accuracy can be lowered by going into the unit stats land file and reducing the marksmanship for all the hundreds of units or by reducing the attack power long range and extreme range modifiers and half chance hit and the projectile calibration target area in the kv rules file. But messing with those settings in the kv rules will causes all sorts of weird behavior from the units in battles. The settings I have for those are to keep cohesion in line formations and to stop blobbing and chicken dance and other messed up ai behavior. So the accuracy is set with buffs in projectile tables and campaign difficulties. Also I tried to keep the flavor of the original Darthmod battles as more bloody affairs instead of the l o n g static battles of other mods like NTW3 and LME as in those mods the units cannot seem to hit anything and have a low kill rate. This mod has a high kill rate and it makes going into a battle a more dangerous affair as you will risk getting a nose bleed from the enemy. I think lowering all the accuracy to absurd "realistic " levels is not fun gameplay. All a matter of taste. I like bloody battles.

Okay, I was just a bit confused because the numbers were the same (35 accuracy remained 35 accuracy). I will leave it as it is, the battles are perfect. Also I think you are right,there are other more realistic mods, darthmod is not trying to achieve that

Thanks for reply!

Patrician

UPDATE: LIONHEART X 10 VERSION POST #974. Changed Region Group Defense so armies on campaign map will not clump together. Changed some expansion numbers to get France to move out.

Hey Bran! I am a big fan of your edits for ETW and NTW. I love the volley fire modification as it was how it was back then. They didn't really kneel like that and fire robotically. I have a request however. The slaughter version I am using is only for money and more troops on the map right? Can you make an edit with all of the goodies for AI improvement minus any negatives to economy and include the volley fire? I'm curious to see what all you have in your bag of modifications. Thanks! :3

Hi, I'm having a lot of fun with this but I have a couple of questions.

#1- I'm using the lionheart volley fire version a few pages back, and with the diplomacy I noticed something odd: As prussia, UK randomly broke alliance for no reason despite excellent relations and I was able to get it back with no problem the next turn.

#2- I'm using 40 unit armies, and unline Empire total war my reinforcements do not come in until my entire 40 unit army has routed and is off the map. It used to be where the reinforcements would replenish one at a time when 1 unit was gone. Played a few battles and this has happened everytime. Anyway to fix?

Patrician

ashyra-play on Normal campaign difficulty.
    deimer- reinforcements should come in when you have less than 20 units in an army-that is hard coded by game developers. Diplomacy- play on normal campaign difficulty and give military access to your allies.

Thank you very much, that makes a lot of sense. Having a lot of fun with these amazing edits as I fight off an over 100,000 man French invasion with allied forces support.

Hey Bran, great work. This submod really makes a difference. Just a few questions, on your 1st post, you mentioned some extra maps, but I don't see any download links for that. Just wonder where to get that. Also, Lionheart X10 mod, is that a separate mod from yours or it is part of your mod? Lastly, I like you volley fire, but just wonder if we can tighten up the formations a bit. I know a guy did some simple tweak and made the formations tighter. That looks the battle lines very neat. Once again, great work.

Patrician

volley-Lionheart version is tweaks for his let's play. Tighter formation in unit stats land db file under spacing columns.

Bran, is there anyway to greatly increase musket's short range damage or accuracy?

Bran thanks for the work m8. Which edit should I use for playing with 40 unit saves?

Patrician

volley- kv-rules projectile damage distance multiplier-raise it, projectile calibration target-lower it, projectile half chance hit-raise it.
    Sudarshan- post 10 will help for 40 unit stacks for Ai to make armies.

This there an edit that has Slaughter, Fog of War, Volley Fire, and less accuracy?

Actually no fog of war but Slaughter, Volley Fire, and Less Accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    volley- kv-rules projectile damage distance multiplier-raise it, projectile calibration target-lower it, projectile half chance hit-raise it.
    Sudarshan- post 10 will help for 40 unit stacks for Ai to make armies.
    Bran, thanx so much for your tips. By the way, when you correct the cavalry charge bug, you change the shape to "ellipse" and increase "charge distance commence run" and "charge distance pick target". What does these variables do?

I havent even tried your mod yet, Downloading it atm, But i still have to applaud the MASSIVE work you've done for this community through the years, People like you that keeps communities going. Huge thanks.

Bran if i take a file with rank fire it's ok too? (ai less idiot,more flak,etc) like in your volley fire file?

i used your file at first post and ai keep being stupid and doing anything...they don't form really a beautiful line like in videos on youtube...they firm a line then move and finally the battle is a big package of soldiers in a melee battle
    this is what happens:
    https://www.noelshack.com/2018-35-5-...458-boubou.jpg

https://www.noelshack.com/2018-35-5-...31165939-1.jpg

https://www.noelshack.com/2018-35-5-...31170257-1.jpg

https://www.noelshack.com/2018-35-5-...31170022-1.jpg

https://www.noelshack.com/2018-35-5-...31170019-1.jpg

what do you think about it?
    i have the rank fire file and i decreased the number of men to 1.5 in campaign unit multiplayer i don't know if it's important.
    thank you for your work!

Patrician

Use the volley fire realism version.

if it's "defensive campaign" ai attack anymay? because i like when ai is aggressive in campaign