Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

RandyRhoads's Avatar Signifer

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Ship hullstrengths are all over the place. The Spanish 122 heavy firstrate has 2000+ hull strength than its British compatriot. There are other anomalies but I can't list them for sure right now.
    The Santisima Trinidad has less hull strength than the Spanish 122, the british 106 is weaker than the 98.

I dont have any other addons to the DarthMod so this submod is my primary suspect, I'm sorry if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by RandyRhoads; March 04, 2014 at 09:51 AM.

I would just like to thank you Bran for this little mod. Standard Darthmod battle AI was more retarded than the vanilla one. Thanks to this mod i don't feel like AI controlled armies are commanded by undercover monkeys. thumbs up!

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Hastatas Posterior

UPDATE: Better expansion for factions, higher taxes, more money spent for navies, less raiding more attacking , changed region defenses. post 1 Feedback is most welcome

This is a list I made with the ships in the game. It's supposed to highlight some inconsistencies and hopefully It would not be ignored like my previous post.

122 heavy first rate - Great Britain - 5250 hull strength / 650 range / 13 speed | France - 5300 / 675 / 13 | Spain, Ottoman - 7450 / 675 / 13. Notice the french and British men of war's hulls are significantly weaker, the Spanish one is way heavier yet it has the same top speed.

106 first rate - GB - 4800 / 650 / 13 | France - X | Spain - 6450 / 650 / 13. Again the Spanish first rate is significantly better than the British.

98 second rate - GB - 4850 / 650 / 13. It's a 106 stripped of few guns so It's consistent.

86 third rate - Ottoman - 6700 / 675 / 9. The Ottoman empire in its dying years manages to engineer better ships than the British.

80 third rate - GB - 2500 / 650 / 16 | France - 2800 / 650 / 15 | Spain - 2500 / 650 / 15. Spanish ship is lighter than the french one but still doesn't gain a speed advantage.

74 third rate - GB - 2000 / 650 / 16 | France - 2800 / 650 / 15 | Spain - 2500 / 650 / 15. Again British ship is significantly inferior in terms of hull strength.

64 fourth rate - I saw no inconsistencies

Ironclad - GB - 5800 / 675 / 15 | France 6500 / 675 / 14 | 6800 / 675 / 15. Again the British version is weaker than the rest.

Santisima Trinidad - Spain - 5800 / 675 / 12. The floating fortress has a weaker hull than the Spanish 106.

Hibernia 106 - GB - 8100 / 650 / 10. It manages to almost double the hull strength of the regular British 106.

Caledonia 122 - GB - 8500 / 675 / 9. Strongest hull in the game, even better (2000+hs) than the iron plated hull of the Ironclad.

Victory 106 - GB - 7800 / 675 / 10. +3000 more hull strength than the regular 106 + fitted with better guns.

Main gripe with this balancing is the hull strength inconsistencies. Spanish and Ottoman ships are in a dire need to be re-balanced. The others need a few touches.

All the best!

Those are the original Darth values- will work on them to balance it. Have been working on Darth Empire Settings as I get more response with that. Will work on this again. Nice to see that some people still play this. Will upload tonight if possible. Thanks for the input.

UPDATE: Did some balancing to naval units as requested. Changed some expansion behavior settings and coastal defense settings. Post 1. Note: The PFM was acting very strange-sometimes it would build different versions of the file. When set to game NTW or ETW got different file lists and sometimes would not load the files at all! Randy Rhodes you can check and see on your end. In any case you can always change it the the values you want anyhow. Campaign reports are most welcome-are thee having EPIC battles? I wish someone would make a Let's Play series on You Tube with these modifications-It would be very entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    UPDATE: Did some balancing to naval units as requested. Changed some expansion behavior settings and coastal defense settings. Post 1. Note: The PFM was acting very strange-sometimes it would build different versions of the file. When set to game NTW or ETW got different file lists and sometimes would not load the files at all! Randy Rhodes you can check and see on your end. In any case you can always change it the the values you want anyhow. Campaign reports are most welcome-are thee having EPIC battles? I wish someone would make a Let's Play series on You Tube with these modifications-It would be very entertaining
    Haven't started a new campaign but continued my previous French one. I had Austria, Prussia and Russia on the ropes before I installed this, after a few turns they managed to put a few full stacks at my door step. I imagine starting off like this would be even more challenging.

Thanks for the canister shot fix btw, it used to make fort defenses frustrating when my cannons would just shoot over the enemy's heads.

Going to check the ships now.

Edit: Game crashes on startup.
    Last edited by RandyRhoads; March 21, 2014 at 03:47 AM.

UPDATE: Fixed crash and tweaked artillery spread factors . PFM messed up naval stats file so using older build. That is what caused corrupt file. Will see if I can do it again without corruption

UPDATE: Volley fire version updated with current settings as regular version. post 4

UPDATE: Elites and Grenadier units get small morale boost, new spotting rules for Generals and Artillery. Post 1 and 4.

UPDATE: Better expansion, better regional defense, better naval repair, less militia and more line infantry armies, the Ai will be more aggressive in taking back its lands. Post 1 Feed back requested.

Noticed the CAI builds the monuments in the major capitals (Nelson's Column, Arc de Triumphe, etc) which was really lacking before! It also builds top tier buildings now. In early 1809 Spain (one of the most underdeveloped countries atm) started building a supreme court, I've never seen the AI go to Court of Appeals even.

The CAI builds way bigger and competitive fleets now. Even tiny Maklenburg has a 20 ship fleet. For some reason tho Denmark does not.

Nations are now way tougher to annihilate even after taking their capital.

I love how the CAI just keeps on fighting with everything at its disposal. Even if all it could muster are militias, it will just create a few full stacks and send them my way.
    It's also cool that I'm not the only one fielding elite infantry anymore, it's just so satisfying facing the enemy's elites.

Could the AI be made to repair its ships more often?
    Could the fort walls get a health boost? Double, maybe triple even, artillery cuts through them like a hot knife through butter. Also could CAI be made to build forts? It seems to have a ton of money to spend on soldiers, it could save some for a fort which is just as useful in the long run.

Could the AI be made to opt for better armies rather than bigger ones? I mean making it field way more line infantry/grenades/elites and using militia as garrisons.

How's the ship balancing going ?

UPDATE: Naval re balance done. British ships get slight morale and gunnery and speed boost and hull strength and Spanish and Ottomans lower speed and hull strength. Ironclads get better hull strength. Post 1.[Randy-Fort battles sieges in this game and Empire do not work well-there is bad path finding by the AI. and lag. Hit points from forts was way too high-you could not destroy them and the AI could not make a breech and the battles went on forever and ever. I lowered the hit points to a more reasonable level so the AI could make breeches and charge into the fort They were 10 times stronger than vanilla now they are 5 times stronger.. Most of the things you requested have been taken care of in the latest update. 03/29/14. Thanks for the feedback. On my new test play as Sweden 40 unit save the Ottomans made a naval landing with a full 40 unit stack and are attacking Stockholm spring 1806. Not seen that before.]
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 30, 2014 at 08:53 PM.

UPDATE: Ported New diplomacy file over from Bran DME and beefed up the regional defence of major and minor Europeon factions after play test- the French destroyed Austria,Prussia and half of Russia by December 1806! Should help them out . Post 1

On the forts thing.

After a turn under siege the game automatically creates a breach in the walls. And with the brittle walls the AI makes my fort like swiss cheese. Not to mention defending on the walls is near impossible when they collapse faster than my units can abandon them.

Also I'd like to discuss the fort and star fort size. The regular fort was ok in vanilla with 160 men per unit, but with 360 line infantry there's really no space to deploy (in a way that suits the defender) more than 4 units, this is even a bigger problem when you just wouldn't risk deploying troops on the walls lest they get blown to hell in 2 volleys.
    My point is you cant really defend a small fort against a vastly superior force just because you cant really deploy your units the way you want to. May I suggest lowering the construction cost and time for star forts, because they are the only functional forts in the modded game.

UPDATE: Fort walls strength increased. Town forts walls increased to a reasonable level. Was a typo on Star Forts Fixed. Post 1

UPDATE: Raised ammo by 15%, lowered reload rate by 10%-helps the BAI. Post 1. Note: after changing the Region Area Defense settings the campaign is playing out most excellent the French are attacking everywhere but the Prussians are holding their own and are putting up an epic struggle. I have one 40 stack army doing hit and run attacks into French holdings and causing them all sort of trouble The Russians are getting Hammered by the French but I am not going to help them cause they always want to attack Sweden so screw them

UPDATE: Projectile table updated-naval guns do 15% more damage and round shot elevation lowered. Grape has more pellets. New morale tables for land and naval units. Expansion tweaked for all factions. Post 1. Feedback-how is everything playing out-having an epic struggle?

UPDATE: new campaign difficulty handicap table-small morale bonus for AI troops so they are not pushovers on battlefield. Post 1

Top down view of Fire fight using Bran Mac Born BAI settings. Note perfect line cohesion of the British infantry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fire fight Bran DMN.jpg   Fire fight Bran DMN 2.jpg  

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information