Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Durango85's Avatar Munifex

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Durango- Empire was not a finished game-the AI programer quit and moved to Scotland. I applied my Napoleon setting to Empire a it greatly helped the AI and it plays very good indeed-but not as good as in Napoleon. The campaign AI I did a hell of a lot of work on that to get the factions to develop and expand and create an Empire-that is what the game is all about in my opinion. Before the factions did nothing-they just sat there -so boring-I wanted to get a more Total War feel to the game. Some players have commented the AI now behaves in almost a human manner
    Oh, cool. But since I am a very heavily battle oriented TW player, I'll pass on Empire.

I have found and fixed the cav stop bug, which may be useful unless that is already taken care of.

In the battle_entities table, look at the "pick target" setting. Yours was 153 for some reason. Also, the setting for "ellipse" or "circle" was set differently for cav.

Change the first value from 152 to 30, and the latter from ellipse to circle and the cav should be able to charge normally.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Princeps Prior

Tested with changing ellipse for circle and it seemed to work. The Pick target setting 153 is there for flanking-it is supposed to be like that. Will test some more. I changed that it the circle in Empire and it crashed the game.

Discens

Okay, I want to install this but there's so many different files linked throughout this thread. Which one do I need and where do I put it? Do I need to use the DB editor myself to change something manually? (if so, not interested)
    www.google.com
    Creator of Internet Explorer
    Creator of God
    Original Creator of severall of my creations
    Real Life Modder- EARTH creator
    Shoutout 4 Modder
    2005-2006 Worst modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

I take the liberty to answer that. Bran has made 3 options (and a music pack) that are all on the first page of the thread: standard version, tougher economics version, and a version with vanilla volley firing instead of fire by rank.

Just download the file and use it to replace the one with the same name in your "data" folder. All done!

It's great, very nice work I'd say. No edits necessary IMHO

Discens

Quote Originally Posted by Durango85 View Post
    I take the liberty to answer that. Bran has made 3 options (and a music pack) that are all on the first page of the thread: standard version, tougher economics version, and a version with vanilla volley firing instead of fire by rank.

Just download the file and use it to replace the one with the same name in your "data" folder. All done!

It's great, very nice work I'd say. No edits necessary IMHO
    What about this?
    You must delete the battle_entities in DMN_PDGuru_All_Units.pack in your napoleon/data folder.-THIS IS IMPORTANT that you do this so as not to mess up the BAI. Open the DMN_PDGuru_All_Units.pack file with the Pack File Manager. Click on db and the click on "battle_entities_tables" (it will highlight in blue). Click on "Files" at the top of the PFM then click "delete".(the file will turn red). Now click on "File" on the top of the PFM and then click "Save" Let the the file rebuild itself it takes about 30 seconds. You are done. Get the Pack File Manager here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618353
    www.google.com
    Creator of Internet Explorer
    Creator of God
    Original Creator of severall of my creations
    Real Life Modder- EARTH creator
    Shoutout 4 Modder
    2005-2006 Worst modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Romans View Post
    What about this?
    Yes, what about it?

Spending a few moments to do that (IF you use the extra unit packs, that is) to me hardly counts as editing - I meant stuff like rebalancing units or fixing bugs manually. If this turns you off, it's your loss.

marengo21's Avatar Discens

In March, I wrote on the Polish forum installation instructions for DMN Bran's settings. I made a few screenshots showing on how to use PFM to remove battle entities tables. Maybe it will help someone. Of course you should read the opening post before installing Bran's settings.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by marengo21; Yesterday at 08:07 AM.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Princeps Prior

UPDATE: Factions-Better regional development, tech research,regional defense,expansion,will help allies,trade and Cav stop bug fix improved(thanks Durango85) All versions. Posts 1,4,6
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; Yesterday at 04:21 PM.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Thread Information