Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 419202122232425262728293031323334353637383954 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Durango- Empire was not a finished game-the AI programer quit and moved to Scotland. I applied my Napoleon setting to Empire a it greatly helped the AI and it plays very good indeed-but not as good as in Napoleon. The campaign AI I did a hell of a lot of work on that to get the factions to develop and expand and create an Empire-that is what the game is all about in my opinion. Before the factions did nothing-they just sat there -so boring-I wanted to get a more Total War feel to the game. Some players have commented the AI now behaves in almost a human manner
    Oh, cool. But since I am a very heavily battle oriented TW player, I'll pass on Empire.
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

I have found and fixed the cav stop bug, which may be useful unless that is already taken care of.

In the battle_entities table, look at the "pick target" setting. Yours was 153 for some reason. Also, the setting for "ellipse" or "circle" was set differently for cav.

Change the first value from 152 to 30, and the latter from ellipse to circle and the cav should be able to charge normally.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Tested with changing ellipse for circle and it seemed to work. The Pick target setting 153 is there for flanking-it is supposed to be like that. Will test some more. I changed that it the circle in Empire and it crashed the game.

Libertus

Okay, I want to install this but there's so many different files linked throughout this thread. Which one do I need and where do I put it? Do I need to use the DB editor myself to change something manually? (if so, not interested)
    www.google.com
    Creator of Internet Explorer
    Creator of God
    Original Creator of severall of my creations
    Real Life Modder- EARTH creator
    Shoutout 4 Modder
    2005-2006 Worst modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

I take the liberty to answer that. Bran has made 3 options (and a music pack) that are all on the first page of the thread: standard version, tougher economics version, and a version with vanilla volley firing instead of fire by rank.

Just download the file and use it to replace the one with the same name in your "data" folder. All done!

It's great, very nice work I'd say. No edits necessary IMHO

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Durango85 View Post
    I take the liberty to answer that. Bran has made 3 options (and a music pack) that are all on the first page of the thread: standard version, tougher economics version, and a version with vanilla volley firing instead of fire by rank.

Just download the file and use it to replace the one with the same name in your "data" folder. All done!

It's great, very nice work I'd say. No edits necessary IMHO
    What about this?
    You must delete the battle_entities in DMN_PDGuru_All_Units.pack in your napoleon/data folder.-THIS IS IMPORTANT that you do this so as not to mess up the BAI. Open the DMN_PDGuru_All_Units.pack file with the Pack File Manager. Click on db and the click on "battle_entities_tables" (it will highlight in blue). Click on "Files" at the top of the PFM then click "delete".(the file will turn red). Now click on "File" on the top of the PFM and then click "Save" Let the the file rebuild itself it takes about 30 seconds. You are done. Get the Pack File Manager here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618353
    www.google.com
    Creator of Internet Explorer
    Creator of God
    Original Creator of severall of my creations
    Real Life Modder- EARTH creator
    Shoutout 4 Modder
    2005-2006 Worst modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Romans View Post
    What about this?
    Yes, what about it?

Spending a few moments to do that (IF you use the extra unit packs, that is) to me hardly counts as editing - I meant stuff like rebalancing units or fixing bugs manually. If this turns you off, it's your loss.

In March, I wrote on the Polish forum installation instructions for DMN Bran's settings. I made a few screenshots showing on how to use PFM to remove battle entities tables. Maybe it will help someone. Of course you should read the opening post before installing Bran's settings.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Mattias Tannhäuser; September 01, 2014 at 08:07 AM.

Patrician

UPDATE: Factions-Better regional development, tech research,regional defense,expansion,will help allies,trade and Cav stop bug fix improved(thanks Durango85) All versions. Posts 1,4,6
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; September 01, 2014 at 04:21 PM.

Hey Bran, definitely an awesome mod.

I just have a few issues with the AI at the moment:
    With small armies, enemy AI are somewhat able to form lines but issues occur when their line reaches mine - the AI start crossing over one another and have some frequency 'stop' commands issued whilst marching forward reaching closer and closer to my own lines. Then, the AI would have a tendency to either shoot at me at point blank range or mostly melee charge straight at me.
    Watching AI vs AI battles weren't any better, probably a huge melee fest.

Any idea what is wrong? Currently playing on normal difficulty.

One more thing, France never managed to reach me whilst I was playing as Russia, furthest they reached was Vienna then was halted by Prussians and Austrians with the British invading from the English Channel continuously and taking over Spain.

(I'm known as LUG, for short). Jesus, just figuring out how to do it is hurting my brain, lol. So i redownload the first Darthmod first. Then I back it up (what does that mean?) And after I back it up, i remove it? (delete it?) and replace it with your "modded file DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon file"? (where is this file, is it the file below the picture?) And where it says to DL your Pack File Manager, is that simply the latest version? And what do i do with the Pack File Manager? As you can tell, I'm not Computer savy I like playing the Russians even though they have few decent units. I do love their big howitzer? But I do not have to move anything against the French at all, they tend to be kept in check without us. I just go full out against the Turks and then i attack whoever I want to. From what I'm reading, the French are attacked harder and they also attack harder? Normally, they will send one army against the Russians which I defeat with ease. Is there anyway to play the Turks? And do you have siege guns? Big Forts should be able to hold out longer then simply cities and big guns that move slower should be included. And once you set them up at the beginning of the battle they should be very slow to move if they can move at all. I would like the Forts to be able to protect themselves better. The defenders (and it is hard to do this myself) do not move into the extra built areas and they do not fire from there. Adding trenches and added turns to take forts would be great but maybe too complex to add. Here is what I'd like to see from the French. Which is basically what really happened. On their own they defeat Prussia and Austria with the English trying to move though Spain and Portugal. Without help from the Russians, they will win.

Patrician

LUG- If you started Darth mod napoleon and played it then you will have the main Darth mod file in your Napoleon data folder-It is called DMN_Darthmod_Napoleon. That is the file you need to back up. Once backed up then delete it from the data folder. My submod- Download the file called DMN_Darthmod_Napoleon from post one. Unpack the file into a folder of your own choosing. Open up your Steam folder and go to steamapps then Common then Napoleon total war then data. Now copy my modded file that you unpacked from the folder of your own choosing and paste it into the Napoleon total war data folder. Simple done.

HI,Bran!Big fun to ur mod!I have a CTD whlie playing as France, 40 units,ur newest version ,post 1.I have already done everything u mentioned in the first post,including change the spot value of inf and cav and so on.But now, when I played France ,I got random CTD when entering the land battle, I have tried restart the game , reset the lancher ,but the CTD goes on . And when I played other nation such as the Russion or Prussia ,everthing went fine! So what is the problem?

Patrician

kobespear- verify game catche in steam. then after that remove the preferences.script in User.username/appdata/roaming/the creative assembly/napoleon.
    restart the Darthmod. If you are having problems with France then it could be that one of the unit packs that you edited has the wrong value so check ALL those French units and see if that is the problem.

As you said , I had a mistake editing the spot distance value of Irish line inf ,already fixed ,thanks a lot. As for the BAI , I have played 40hours of your mod , 40units, normal difficulty . The AI line inf do not stand and shoot immediately as they reach the fire range . Instead they just walk around for a while tried to form a single line or something while get their ass kicked for free . Some of the inf just do not fire at all ,they just walk around and then walking into my inf line and fight, not even charging to it. Same problem with AI cav , they walk around in the fire range of my line inf , go forward and backward ,then they charge into my line . Perhaps this problem has something to do with the value of circle or something?
    I know some of the settings are cored ,we can not change that . But in this condition maybe sometimes we can just give up some of the AI behavior rules. For example , the heavy cav and lancers do not flank , they just wait for the line inf weakened and charge straight into the lnf line , and only the light cav will flank ,will it be helpful when all the cav walk around infront of inf line? And about inf ,maybe some of them just do not charge info the enemy and just stand and shoot , may be this can solve the problem ?
    Again , big fan of your mod , I am not aware of the edit of the game , so just share my opinion with you . Good Day!

Patrician

Play Battles on Expert. I have not seen this behavior you reported sorry. Do this:
    FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE:
    Go into your Napoleon Preferences script file located in Drive C;Users/user name/AppData/Roaming/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/scripts/preferences.script.
    scroll down to the bottom of the script and find these two lines:
    multithreaded_model_enabled false; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 0; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    Change it to read this:
    multithreaded_model_enabled true; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 2; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    (If you use a quad core processor the number of thread should put is 4. Click save.)
    Go back to the preferences file and right click on it and go to properties and click 'read only' and then apply then ok.

Understood , thank you ,sir! Could you tell me the difference between the normal battles difficult and the very hard difficult?

And could you upload your file DMN_aum_nap_mod.pack , some of my Franch unti got wrong data ,but i do not know which

Patrician

Here you are. Don't mess stuff up
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bran, can you prepare your own version of Darthmod Napoleon with all the changes implemented by you? You are experienced in implementing change, so everybody can avoid errors by editing the files on your own.