Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738394041424358 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Thanks Bran, but you didn't answer about changing the campaign difficulty for 40 unit saves. I am assuming its done the same way as changing the multiplier. I have done that, changing it in the preferences, however the buildings and units cost the same as they do in normal difficulty. Also the battle difficulty slider in game settings stays at hard, when in preferences its been changed to very hard(-2). Is this intended. I'am playing the Napoleon Italy Campaign 40 unit save.

Thanks for your hard work on the mod!
    Last edited by DeadInTheWater; November 29, 2014 at 02:00 PM.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Unpack them and place them into the Napoleon data folder. The slider still moves. Do you want to play the campaign in Very/Hard?
    The save games campaign difficulty are made in H level. If you want to change that you have to make a small change using EsfEditor:

1. Open EsfEditor and select menu, File, Open Esf
    2. Navigate to ...\napoleon total war\data\DMN\DMN_Packs\DMN_Nap_Saves. You'll see nothing so select All Filles in the right lower button
    3. Select the save you want (if you have not keep a backup do it now in this window with copy/paste, keep both).
    4. Now go in CAMPAIGN_SETUP_OPTIONS and change the marked number to 0 for Normal or 1 for Hard.,2 for Very Hard. The default here is 1 for Hard. Change it to 2.
    5. Save your... save from menu, File, Save (in EsfEditor save changes only like this. If you close it using red X and answer Yes in Save prompt nothing will be happened and you will have to restart Editor and the whole procedure!).

For Battle difficulty things are much easier: while in game press Esc to bring Options, go in Game Settings and adjust it.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; November 29, 2014 at 02:45 PM.

Civis

hi bran,sorry for bothering again, but i got this weird problem after i started using DM, sometimes in some battles, the "textures" goes wild and the color scheme of my troops get lost..and they are plain white..this happens sometimes to the enemy too but on those screenshoots the enemy(saxony) dont seems affected, and the OTHER more bizarre case is when they appear like some kind of wood/copper kind of soldiers xD...i dont know what this happens..but it only appears with DM and after several battles.

On a side note Thanks for this ...The IA really feels more dynamic and alive than before, but the only think i dont like is the fact that prior turn 5 russia or austria suddendly declare war on me even if im neutral with everyone(except with Den-norway)is scripted that i have to become ally with them to stop the hostilities prior that?...and i was listed as friendly and very friendly by austria and russia.

Also the deployable defences are always aviables...even if im the attacker, i guess this was intended right?. if that is the case i think the sticks that skirmirshers deploys should only be aviable in the deploy phase..i think they arent realistic after that point.

Ps: i nottice a weird situation where my arty are Superb regarding the enemy ones, they unlifted and the same time but mine literally deleted the enemy one even when they both where shooting each other (booth 6 lb horse arty with none experience)...i dont know if is just lucky or something else because it happened three times in a row aggainst three different enemies(saxony,oldemburg,Mecklemburg)...i'll do more testing about this.

Thanks and sorry for the nonsense walltext >_<!.

(excuse my english..im spanish)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Napoleon Total War™ Imperial Edition 2014-11-15-21-47-30-689.jpg   Napoleon Total War™ Imperial Edition 2014-11-15-21-47-43-313.jpg   Napoleon Total War™ Imperial Edition 2014-11-15-21-48-19-930.jpg   Napoleon Total War™ Imperial Edition 2014-11-29-0-22-18-183.jpg   Napoleon Total War™ Imperial Edition 2014-11-29-0-22-33-260.jpg  

Patrician

B1-fiddle with your graphic settings for the game-shadows,shader settings etc. You need to get trade agreements and military alliances and military access and they will not attack you..but gift them with tech or cash and they will still be friendly+ do not be allies with their enemies.

Hello!

I have a question: 1) does it make sense to use your mod without the 40 Units save games?
    2) Also, you say, that the battle difficulty should be set to the highest setting. As far as I know this makes enemy units usually totally overpowerd in morale. Is this still the case with your mod or did you balance this out?

Edit: also there is an oversight in your mod:
    The "default" saxon units are always way better than the Brigade types. For example, the "normal" Brigadeers have a morale of 8, and generally way better stats than the types of the 5 Brigades.
    Last edited by mailor; November 30, 2014 at 12:27 PM.

My Home is my Castle.

Patrician

Well Yes if you want a dynamic and challenging campaign. Set the battle difficulty to whatever you feel you can handle. Use the Pack File Manager and change the stats to suit whatever you want.

Hello Bran Which Your file contain VOLLEY FIRE and HARD ECONOMY together in one file ?

Patrician

I don't but I will post one up for you.

Thank You Bran I need and search blood submod (only blood, no smoke) compatible witch Your submods for Darthmod Napoleon and D. Empire. Could You propose some if You know ? And How to install ? Goodnight !

Civis

hi bran..after some testing..i dont know why but the enemy cavalry insist on attacking my cannons..just at the start of the battle so they literally rush across all my line infantry and get slaughtered even before they touch my cannons...and i dont know why but i feel that the accuracy of my cannons are too much overpowered..i could easily barren their arty before they do something...after three or four rounds all their pieces are destroyed..they do relative good damage aggainst my infantry in the same time (but not so much that i could regret)...i dont know if just me but the arty are pretty op right now..the real problem isnot the "Power"...but the accuracy (i could fiability shoot cav while they are moving across the battlefield so they doesnt have a chance to do something).

And in a side note i still getting ramdon war declaration in my campaing xDD..i got until year two..but then decided to start over again like prussia..i become trade partner with everyone i could..and invaded saxony and meclenburg..then started to send gift and giving techies and FREE pass(without asking pass for myself) to russians and austrian..they are both friendly+...and still send me a declaration of war in turn 4 or less...so is basically imposible to stay NEUTRAL for at least five months..to see how the conflict are going and then decide wich side join?..the big deal is that the only way to not get pounded by either russ or austrians is to ally them..but the french then moved aggainst me.

Also something really weird i noticed with this version is that is more frequently that your allies abandon you in wars..i always rushed an ally with denmark as soon as possible in every campaing i play with DM...and they stay loyal with me even when both "bands" declared war on me (empire and the coalition)..but with this..they always give me their back..not matter what :c, and sometimes a couple of turns later backstab me and joins them xDDD. Any idea why are this happening :s?.

Civis

PS: the only difference between this gameplay(using your edits) and the base DM with relative none Backstabing situations are the modifications itself and the difficulty..with this i play both VH/VH..but with base DM i used to play only in H/H...do you think this have something to do or something?.
    (sorry for the double post..i dont know how to edit messages sorry X_X).

Patrician

B1ackwolf- do not play VH campaign because it is hardcoded that the AI will always attack you. Play on Normal or Hard campaign. The Ai will be more aggressive with these settings as original Darthmod is too static and not enough war action going on. This is a very short game and there should be some action from the get go or it would be too boring to play- that is why I made the adjustments in the first place-to keep the player on his toes.

Civis

That explain something xDDD...maybe i missunderstood your older post when you said this edits was intended to play in VH/VH setup...i guess you were referring to very hard difficulty in BATTLE and not campaing right?..so for optimus playability should be H/VH..thanks..and sorry for the constant bothering :p..really like the changes you made here xD..is very close to perfection *-*.

Libertus

Hi Bran McBorn,

I have a big problem. At the moment, my Napoleon is attacking a austrian general near Venice. MY army has 9800 men and my opponent has 10800. When I want to start the battle I get a CTD...the whole game shuts down...So I cannot fight this battle :'( I use your submods (except your music mod). I tried to lower my graphic settings, but that didn't help...Can you tell me what to do?

Libertus

I am sorry but I am afraid I have to say your mod is broken...I replaced my old DMN data equal to your modded files and now I am able to fight the big battle...I think something went wrong in your files?

I need and search blood submod (only blood, no smoke) compatible witch Bran's submods. Could help me someone ?

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Pafciu View Post
    I need and search blood submod (only blood, no smoke) compatible witch Bran's submods. Could help me someone ?
    I don't know if it's any good,

Extra Blood Mod, Extract file into Data folder of main game.

http://www.gamewatcher.com/mods/napo...xtra-blood-mod

Thank You Roy I tried some mod but maybe I must write submod's name in scripts.

Libertus

Hi all,

Can someone please respond to my last posts? I really like this mod, I noticed a better pathfinding AI which can handle a marching 40 unit army. Moreover, I finally faced a real naval invasion from brittain in my northern isolated french province (forgot the name . And of course, the upkeep is tremendously lowered which gives me and my enemies the opportunity to build better and more armies. It's a pitty I couldn't fight my already won 40 vs 40 battle...only with the (imo broken pathfinding) ''vanilla'' DMN. So please help me

Patrician

Ariel90- Is the crash near a city? Or are the enemy siege the city. Are you using expanded deployment zones mod? That can cause a crash. Do you get crashes with any othe 40 vs 40 battles? How much memory does your PC have? Did you save the game before the battle. If so please pack the save file and compress it and send the compressed file and post it on this thread so I can experience it myself. I need to see what units are in the battle and make sure that none of stats are messed up. In the mean time put this into your Napoleon data folder and try it again.
    Attached Files Attached Files