Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

Default Re: Bran Mac Born DMN Mod Edits

i played battle difficulty 3 campaign difficulty 2 with kingdom of italy in 1807 after destructed austrian and prussian france declared war to me we were ally with 170 relationship
    Last edited by elinath; March 15, 2016 at 12:29 PM.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Real Life situations are now going to be my focus so there will no longer be any more things from me here until I can get things straight and right with my situation which is quite scary at the moment. Hope you all have enjoyed playing these mods. Have Fun.

I have a question. You said that the best difficulty settings are Normal/Expert or if u want it more challenging Very Hard/Expert. But since you also say that this mod works best for 40 unit save games and i would like to know where i can changed the difficulty setting of a 40 Unit save game. The battle difficulty can be changed in the options during the campaign but i cannot find the setting for the campaign difficulty.

Anyone can help me ?

Patrician

hy the french troops have such a high morale ? i play russian and it's really hard to beat them because they fight until they loose 3/4 of their mens.
    My musketeers (russian) with 7 morale are routing much faster than the 13 morale of french line infantry.

Patrician

lokzboub -play on normal battle difficulty.

I hope this area is still monitored. I have a number of questions about Bran mac's mods. I'll try to put them in yes or no questions so not a lot of response is needed. Also, I have one or 2 about his Empire's.

1). first, does his mods stop the spamming of AI's single unit armies in Empire ??? I have seen a lot of talk about OTTOMAN empire doing this, but when I was playing over weekend, it started in Sweeden and game CTD
    around turn 40.

2).A). I tried to reading as much as I could about Bran's Napoleon but after a while, do I want to read or play?? I saw in this area some talk about the role of minor nations. Does Bran's modding make them a
    useful thing in game, or they just useless as in vanilla?? One of the things that drove me nuts in vanilla how un-historical this game was in representing Napoleonic wars. AS much as 30-40% of his armies were
    composed of the minor allies. The game should give the allied major nations 1-2 units a year free to simulate this. B). Also, in relation to minors, are their ability to produce 2-3 armies curtailed some???
    It's really dumb that a minor nation like Hessen or Amsterdam can have 2-3 armies in first year.AND they are no use for anything!!!

3) I reloaded Darthmod for Napoleon this afternoon and played some, so I could have a comparison when I try Bran's. BUT I had a surprise when I went to launch. I waited as much as five minutes & never launched.
    The game would not launch from launcher, but seems to from regular exe. On main menu there is labeling of Darthmod and there is a Darthmod campaign which I played this afternoon. Is this right??? Am I playing darthmod??? or not??? If not please tell me how to set up the launcher to launch!!!.

4). Also somewhere in this area( I think post 20, there was a whole of individual adjustments someone saying to make. Very confusing to me; almost made decide not to try this, until I read post one again. Is post #1 directions all I need???

5). Is there anyone who plays Bran's mod that has YouTube videos posted??? I can't seem to find any.

thanks in advance,

MS
    Last edited by Marshall Sabatini; October 24, 2016 at 04:26 PM.

Private Normal's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Sabatini View Post
    I hope this area is still monitored. I have a number of questions about Bran mac's mods. I'll try to put them in yes or no questions so not a lot of response is needed. Also, I have one or 2 about his Empire's.

1). first, does his mods stop the spamming of AI's single unit armies in Empire ??? I have seen a lot of talk about OTTOMAN empire doing this, but when I was playing over weekend, it started in Sweeden and game CTD
    around turn 40.

2).A). I tried to reading as much as I could about Bran's Napoleon but after a while, do I want to read or play?? I saw in this area some talk about the role of minor nations. Does Bran's modding make them a
    useful thing in game, or they just useless as in vanilla?? One of the things that drove me nuts in vanilla how un-historical this game was in representing Napoleonic wars. AS much as 30-40% of his armies were
    composed of the minor allies. The game should give the allied major nations 1-2 units a year free to simulate this. B). Also, in relation to minors, are their ability to produce 2-3 armies curtailed some???
    It's really dumb that a minor nation like Hessen or Amsterdam can have 2-3 armies in first year.AND they are no use for anything!!!

3) I reloaded Darthmod for Napoleon this afternoon and played some, so I could have a comparison when I try Bran's. BUT I had a surprise when I went to launch. I waited as much as five minutes & never launched.
    The game would not launch from launcher, but seems to from regular exe. On main menu there is labeling of Darthmod and there is a Darthmod campaign which I played this afternoon. Is this right??? Am I playing darthmod??? or not??? If not please tell me how to set up the launcher to launch!!!.

4). Also somewhere in this area( I think post 20, there was a whole of individual adjustments someone saying to make. Very confusing to me; almost made decide not to try this, until I read post one again. Is post #1 directions all I need???

5). Is there anyone who plays Bran's mod that has YouTube videos posted??? I can't seem to find any.

thanks in advance,

MS
    Bran Macs Mod is a bit better than Daethmod BUT, it spams single unit armies BIGTIME, which make the game unplayable after about 40 turns. Stick to Darthmod. Also you know if it is Darthmod because the loading screen tells you. Tweaks and adjustments can be good but if you don't know what you are doing you can CTD the game or change the balance and ruin it. Better to stick with Darthmod and compatible mods, of which there are many.
    [IMG][/IMG]

thanks private Normal; it's what I have concluded.

Patrician

Post 0ne instructions is all you need. Easy to install. Try it and see. I have not seen the AI spam single unit armies with the exception of Russia..but they do merge into larger armies. PLAY 40 UNIT SAVE GAMES. The mod is designed for 40 unit armies for an epic experience. I would say the the mod is more than a bit better than DarthMod vanilla. There are no Bran DarthMod Napoleon videos on You tube at the moment-but there are where several Empire Bran campaigns.. See Lionheartx10 etc. although he does not play 40 unit battles. I am hoping he will try it out.

Okay Bran, thanks for reply, I will give it a try.

Patrician

This is for EMPIRE. Snowhood played this twice and quit as he thought it too difficult. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWHf...2bGgre&index=2

Private Normal's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Post 0ne instructions is all you need. Easy to install. Try it and see. I have not seen the AI spam single unit armies with the exception of Russia..but they do merge into larger armies. PLAY 40 UNIT SAVE GAMES. The mod is designed for 40 unit armies for an epic experience. I would say the the mod is more than a bit better than DarthMod vanilla. There are no Bran DarthMod Napoleon videos on You tube at the moment-but there are where several Empire Bran campaigns.. See Lionheartx10 etc. although he does not play 40 unit battles. I am hoping he will try it out.
    Not wishing to get into a spamming war with Bran Mac, whom I admire for all his hard work, but, his mod DOES spam single unit armies BIGTIME, around about the 40+ turns. This slows the game down so much it becomes unplayable. I would point out I play this game every day, and have since it was released. I have a pretty powerful PC, i7 with 64GB memory and 2 Graphics cards. I persevered with Bran Mac's edit for many months, but was never able to overcome the spamming.
    Last edited by Private Normal; October 27, 2016 at 05:37 PM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Patrician

You are the first person to mention this.Will test past 40 turns and see. I only play40 unit armies with these setting will have to play with 20 unit armies for the test. Maybe changing merge armies settings. Have not updated the mod for some time maybe time to fiddle again.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; December 02, 2016 at 01:22 PM.

Patrician

New:SUPER SLAUGHTER VERSION Very Aggressive AI With Better merging armies and AI regional and Tech development. Recommened play with 40 Unit armies save games
    See POST #14

Libertus

Hi bran, is it possible to remove the anti cavalry defensive fence-like objects in every battle? Because its a bit frustrating to lose 95% of your cav while chasing shattered infantry...can you please make a version without this? Thanks

Patrician

You can do that by going into the unit stats land file and find the column for "can use stakes" and un click it.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    You can do that by going into the unit stats land file and find the column for "can use stakes" and un click it.
    Where can I find these stats?

Patrician

"Unit Stats Land in the db folder.