Thread: Reducing Maratha Strength and Increasing Mughal Strength

Default Reducing Maratha Strength and Increasing Mughal Strength

I think most E:TW players should know by now that the Marathas are insanely aggressive and when playing an European nation with colonial ambitions, it is extremely nerve-racking to see all of India (and occasionally, Afghanistan) in orange. Is there a way to mod the Maratha's starting treasury to perhaps, 1000? At the same time, perhaps the Mughal Empire should get a treasury boost to perhaps, 20 000? I'm quite sure this tweaking should be in the starpos file but I'm not a modder. Anybody can help me out, please?

“No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Default Re: Reducing Maratha Strength and Increasing Mughal Strength

You need the ESFeditor (google it) And then it's really really simple. Follow the tutorials: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272139

But tbh, my advice is don't bother. Either way, one Indian nation is going to steam-roll their way to victory. Because there are only two nations in India (four if you're being pedantic, but Mysore and the Dutch don't really interfere) when one gets an advantage, they can quickly press it home. There are no other nations about that limit movement or help maintain the balance of power.

But the problem is that in all my games (I've played an American, Brit, Maratha and Russian campaign so far. I'm in the midst of a Swedish one right now.), it is always the Marathas who steamroll the Mughals, not vice versa. It is a rare occurence to see the Mughals launching a counterattack.
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

An easy thing would be to change maratha AI and make it MAINTENANCE
    No need to reduce their strenght they would then no more care about expansion
    Wind from the East's Awards :

I'd prefer that the Mughals and the Marathas merely engage in a tug-of-war, something like I see between Prussia and Austria. Take this region, retake that region, on and on rather than ,"Ooh, it's 1721 and the Mughal Empire's extinct. Goody!"

And how would you do that? I'm thinking about making some nations AI more active instead of staying in one place, like France most campaigns. So, how would you do that?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalWarBuff View Post
    And how would you do that? I'm thinking about making some nations AI more active instead of staying in one place, like France most campaigns. So, how would you do that?
    Thanks.
    Try Brenil's AI mod. It works wonders. Instead of nations sitting there and doing nothing, everybody's in a tug-of-war. Russia has taken Georgia and Dagestan. The Marathas have steamrolled the Mughals completely. They then took on Persia and shared it with the Ottoman Empire. Spain has taken Morocco, the Barbary States and Texas. Britain has conquered France's and Spain's mainland North American territories while the UP have conquered Martinique and French Guyana. It's much better now. What I just want to make sure is that both Mughals and Marathas at least have a 50% chance of survival
    Last edited by napoleon boneaparte; March 02, 2013 at 08:38 PM.