Thread: Cannot build diplomats in Caralis?

Default Cannot build diplomats in Caralis?

I searched the net as well as various forums (including this one), and can't find an answer. I can't seem to build Diplomats in Caralis...no matter what buildings I build, rebuild, or whatever. It's the only city that will not allow me to build this unit. I'm wondering why and whether I'm missing something obvious.

Does anyone else have this problem?

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Cannot build diplomats in Caralis?

vanilla or mod? If mod, which mod?

I did mod some of the files, including turning Caralis into a Huge city (where it was a mere village before). The ownership was NOT changed...but...it soon goes into revolt and turns rebel. Rebel cities cannot build diplomats, but if it belonged to Carthage first, wouldn't their abilities sort of carry over (such building diplomats after it's recaptured)? I have none of that particular problem with the other rebel cities I capture.

Another thing I modded myself is the Roman factions (I play Julii) are all at war with me (while Scipii and Brutii remain allied to Rome). I did that to quickly allow Roman reunification, so there is no Senate mission to take Caralis (I just go do it). It's the only city that simply will not show the option to build diplomats, while every other Roman unit I can.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Check export_descr_building.txt and see if there's option to recruit diplomat for any faction on huge city levels.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

I never modded that file; it's still vanilla, through and through. I checked, and everything is as it should be.