View Poll Results: Shall Confederate Jeb receive citizenship?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 76.92%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

3 23.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Citizen] Confederate Jeb (Patron: Daily)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

Default [Citizen] Confederate Jeb (Patron: Daily)

Patrons Paragraph:
    Greetings fellow members of the Cdec. I am bringing forth, with great joy, my first attempt at patronization. Below me stands the proud Confederate Jeb, a fellow Content Staffer and friend that has shown much promise for as long as I've known him. We met through Content Staff when I volunteered to be a writer for the Gamers Gazette. Not only is he hard working but also kind with a sense of humour. Though that humour sometimes drop to the appalling levels where mine resides. I believe Confederate Jeb, or CJ as I like to call him should be let into the meadow of awesomness that is Citizenship and I am hoping for a positive response.

Now the only two negative things I can think off that can devalue all the great that he does on the site or will do is that he is a console peasant. Yes, I know, hold your pitchforks and torches. I am vehemently trying to turn him around and see a better way but alas so far it has been in vain. He is also the Clan Overseer for the League of Legends clan here on TWC which surprises me even more.

All joking aside from peasantry and horrible games I want you to see CJ as I see him. A great member to our community, an awesome editor for a new publication in Content Staff and, as a great friend.

Kind Regards

Daily

Applicant's paragraph:
    Hello, my name is Confederate Jeb. I've been here quite a while but for the most part laid low for the first three years I was here. You may or may not remember that I was actually submitted for citizenship in 2008, but honestly I hadn't done anything by that point besides type up a lot of roleplay. I'd always tried to get on things like the Content Staff, but I didn't have any luck. After taking a TWC break during Fall 2011/Spring 2012 to concentrate on school I came back with the goal of really trying to be involved in helping out around TWC, and so far that's been a success.

My two primary accomplishments of late have been serving on the Gaming Staff as a Clan Overseer and working as Content Director for the Gamer's Gazette. I am currently the Clan Overseer of the TWC League of Legends Clan. My job entails accepting new members into the fold and making sure things are kept civil and within the bounds of the ToS both within our sub-forum and during game sessions. My roles are mostly administrative, but making sure TWC is properly represented to the League of Legends community is an added bonus for my efforts. Besides working within the League of Legends clan I additionally help decide what proposed clans are prepared to move forward and other decisions discussed by the Gaming Staff collective. As a member of the Gaming Staff I also served as a judge in the TWC Olympics 2012 for the Best Screenshot, Classical Poetry Slam, and Oulipo categories. I was an active supporter of the clan idea when GED announced it, so I've been involved (what little I could do as someone with no rank) with the Gaming Clan discussions and activities since their announcement to the general public, and I am glad to see that area become the hub of activity it is currently.

As for the Gamer's Gazette, I was originally recruited by Legio as a writer on a wide variety of articles, from reviews and previews to opinion pieces on specific companies, genres, and tropes to interviews with people within various video game industries at conventions and expos. After the first edition Legio promoted me to assistant editor, and once he retired I was chosen to become the new Content Director. I had to learn the methods of being head editor right from the get go as we were closing in on the release of the second edition, but thanks to all of the mentoring by former and fellow Content Directors the transition was fairly smooth. Outside of my time on the Gazette I have also published a number of game reviews (which are listed below).

I've done a decent amount of writing here outside of game reviews, though a good portion of it is roleplay in the various RPG/strategy games of the Alliance Gateway, the now defunct RPG Gateway, and the Community RPG sub-forums. I have also been involved in the more recent Tales of the Week competitions, and have been graciously award a few victories for my endeavors. I have also been a competitor in a few of the Graphics Competitions and the Unedited Screenshot of the Week contests. My better (used loosely here) works have been posted in my workshop, Confederate Jeb's Arsenal, which I hope to expand as I progress with GIMP and other software.

As far as local modding goes outside of the Clan sub-forum, I am a local mod of the Alliance Gateway, a roleplay sub-forum of the Coliseum. I'm kind of a neat-nick, so I keep things pretty clean. I was also a local mod of the RPG Gateway, also located in the Coliseum, before it was removed due to the admins wishing to cut down on the number of sub-forum on the site at the time.

Overall, I'm an active member, though I can't say I have a specific claim to fame like modding or debate, as I try to stay away from the D&D as much as possible. But I try my best to help out wherever I can, trying out new things and dabbling in different areas. Sometimes it doesn't turn out great, such as a few forays into being a researcher for mods. Being flexible is something I strive for, and so far it has been rewarded through my promotions to Local Moderator and Gaming Staff.

As far as ToS infractions go I have had one, which was a misunderstanding on my part and one that I probably could have had reduced in the Praetorium had I known that it existed at the time. I have also had one infraction reversed, though I certainly learned a lesson from that as well.

Thank you all for taking the time to review my submission for citizenship. Have a great day/week/however long it takes for debate to take place.

Gamer's Gazette Articles

Volume I, Issue I
    - Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Review
    - Borderlands 2, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and Eve Dust 514 Exclusive Demo Preview

Volume I, Issue II

- Gaming Staff Expose Column #1

Volume I, Issue III

- Assassin's Creed 3 Review
    - Holiday Gift Ideas from the Gamer's Gazette

Volume I, Issue IV - Unpublished, release soonish
    - Halo 4 Review

Game Reviews Independent of the Gamers' Gazette

Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    Bastion
    Brink

Tales of the Week Entries

TotW 144
    TotW 145
    TotW 146
    TotW 147
    TotW 148
    TotW 149
    TotW 150
    TotW 151
    TotW 152
    TotW 153
    TotW 154
    TotW 155
    TotW 156
    TotW 157
    TotW 159
    TotW 160
    TotW 161
    TotW 162
    TotW 163
    TotW 164
    TotW 165
    TotW 166
    TotW 167
    TotW 170
    TotW 171
    TotW 172
    TotW 173
    TotW 174
    TotW 176

Other Important Links/Information

- Graduation from the AARtirstry course at the TWC University.
    - Duel vs. Shankbot12
    - TWC Official League of Legends Clan
    - Confederate Jeb's Arsenal
    - TWC Olympics 2012
    - Two entries into the Scriptorium Summer 2012 Writing Competition
    Proud patron of Confederate Jeb and FalconPilot
    View how Grouchy makes a Hoplon shield!

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Default Re: [Citizen] Confederate Jeb (Patron: Daily)

Just a quick glance over his contributions gives an excellent impression. Definitely looking good.

Moderation issues besides the one he mentioned? When and for what was the last infraction?

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Jeb has been a real asset to Content, and the Gamers Gazette would not be in the shape it is today if it were not for him. Jeb has been able to make the transition from writer to Director flawlessly, and I am very proud to have him in Content. He is super duper deserving of citizenship.

Agreed. Unless there are some major behavioral issues, there is no reason this guy shouldn't be a citizen.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

2008, reversed 3 pointer (insulting others).

July 2010, 1 pointer censor bypassing.

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

It's an obvious yes.

The moderation history is not exactly relevant to what he is now. He has clearly made the transition from infractions to responsible behavior and posting. Not to mention solid contributions to the site.

Blog Entries

Voted yes.

Aikanįr's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Just for reference, his first try. And his successful appeal of the reversed insulting others 3 points Legio mentioned.
    Last edited by Aikanįr; February 18, 2013 at 01:40 PM.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

An Easy yes from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Bah! I'm voting no because he was already taken when I ask to sponsor him. Apparently being called Confederate Jeb de Bodemloze wasn't enticing enough for him.

He was and still is a rather active member of the Study, with the TotW being his main areas where he has done rather well to say the least. I think I'll be voting yes considering the articles and editing of the GG but I'll do some digging and have a shuffle through his posts to see what I can find.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Damn Daily you made yourself not populair now !

Easy yes though

I'm voting no. Writers should be de Bodemlozes.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Jokes aside, yes. My most direct interaction with him was in the AARtistry course. He was a fine student.
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; February 18, 2013 at 04:13 PM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Robin de Bodemloze View Post
    I'm voting no. Writers should be de Bodemlozes.

Jokes aside, yes. My most direct interaction with him was in the AARtistry course. He was a fine student.
    Confederate Jeb de Bodemloze? Just doesn't have the right gravitas*

Oh and to the matter at hand, will dig. At first glance it's yes but I would be remiss not to do some thorough research.

* - 3 fonts walk in a bar, barman says "Oi, get out! We don't serve your type in here!

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Oh Hell Yes!!!!!

Clicky clicky:
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

I love Jeb, and to some extent his brother. In some ways I am very proud my client (Daily) is finally pro-creating, and it gives me great joy that this august and illustrious member is his client. I would vote yes a thousand times if I could (such hyperbole going on in this post ). As Legio says he is a true asset to Content, and has turned his TWC career around.

Just look at his first application as a reference to his development on TWC:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    Confedjeb is without a doubt 10 times more irritating than the average new poster, as he has apparently never mixed with real people and has been brought up believing he is always right and amazingly clever, no matter what. And I haven't even got started on his brother, a veritable double-team of spam. His only redeeming feature is an enthusiasm to match that of Che Guevara against capitalism, Winston Churchill against Nazism, or Lucifer against eternal joy and happiness.

By my vote, he will never even see the Curia.
    Thank god there's now some different CdeC members

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    Thank god there's now some different CdeC members
    Pray this current body survives the election.

Aikanįr's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Then, there was a poll.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

And a vote.

Yes, Your Worship

I voted yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast